Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
p3arljam

Friends: (1)
Default Thunder AC6

I was thinking of getting this charger http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html anyone have one ?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
CNY_Dave

It's a good value, has a few annoying traits.

It charges a bit slowly as the internal power supply doesn't supply a lot of current, about 45 minutes to take a 4S 4000mah from storage voltage to fully charged.

For balance charging, I'm fairly sure it does not charge through the balance leads, and it takes longer to charge than via a 'normal' charge. It can also dither on for hours trying to get that last few hundreths of a volt perfectly balanced out.

If you give it a static shock, the microprocessor will crash, and you need to restart it. This is fully fixed by grounding the case. The ground plug on the power cord connects to nothing internally.

If you go on to do 'serious stuff' you'll outgrow it, I've had mine for two years with the same 3 4S 4000mah 45C batteries and it is fine for that, and the batteries seem to be holding up just fine.

Having it be internally powered via a wall outlet or DC via a car battery/cig lighter is handy.

Since folks do outgrow it, it's a great one to pick up used.

Ask me why your DX5e is doomed... and how to fix it.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
p3arljam

Thanks for the info.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers