Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
export!

Friends: (0)
Default I was gifted a CP+

I've only ever flown coax micros and my devious friend (who has been trying to get me into helis) has given me this. His boss bought it and gave up on it in short order so the exact condition is unknown.

I read a bunch, here and there but don't really have a solid idea of what I'm doing. It seemed that the RX was damaged because the servos and motors would operate chatter/spin without any input on the RTF gear. I have a Turnigy 9x running er9x so I swapped in my own RX and everything stabilized.

I managed to get aileron, elevator and rudder programmed and then added the motor RPM to a pot and set the blade pitch to the left stick throttle. I figured the RTF TX is not computerized and not doing any complex mixing/curves, etc so I've left my radio in plane mode for now.

There was an unused set of blades with the kit so I installed those. I cannot throttle up at all without a horrible vibration which makes the tailskid jump and tap the table.

Half of me is very interested in digging in and learning and half of me wants to pack it up nicely in the box.

Anything you can tell me would be useful. Where to get the cheapest parts, compatible parts, radio tips, a balancing regimen? I'm not going to spend $ on a sim but are there any free ones that will help me out? I'm not sure if I have a sim cable for the 9x but I for sure have one for my Optic 6.

Thanks so much for reading.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
SBMcGuire

Club: East Coast Cripplers wheelchair rugby
Friends: (1)

Wow. That needs a lot of exp for a first heli. Dire commend getting a blade msr x, mcp x2, or nano cp x to start. The msr is fixed pitch and very stable. Basically the next step from the coaxial helis. But you may think of say the mcp or the nano as you can out grow the msr pretty quick, and they can start ver similar, to the msr, but grow to full 3d flight if you desire. All are durable, inexpensive to fix, and can fly safely indoors, as well as outdoors in little to no wind. Of course now there are even better, more stable cps out like the 130 x. Hope this helps out.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
rags

Default I was gifted a CP+

SIM - get and fly a SIM first. It saves you money and frustration.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
matiac
What, me worry?

Club: A.M.A. Member, not currently affliliated with a club
Friends: (2)

Vibration could be because the main blades are too tight in the hub. Try loosening them, but not too much, just enough to free-up movement...

R.C. Hobby is a hole into which one dumps money.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #5
dday

The blade cp+ was my first heli. Very difficult bird to learn on, hard to work on. The tail motor picks bad times to quit. That being said, they are fun to fly. A set of plastic rotor blades helped calm it down a little. Good luck!!!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters