Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Sport Planes (Formerly I/C & Gas Conversion)
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Sport Planes (Formerly I/C & Gas Conversion) Discuss I/C or Gas Conversions, Aerobatic Planes and Sport Aircraft

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
paxskipper
New Electric Flyer

Club: Cumberland County RC Club
Friends: (0)
Question Prop Location For Pattern Plane Conversion

Hello,

It looks like my next plane will be a pattern plane conversion from glow to electric.
My question is related to mounting the motor. I assume that I should mount the motor so that the prop would be in the same location as it would have been had an engine been used. I assume that the distance from the prop to the wing makes a difference for a pattern plane.

Thanks in advance

Steve P.
Now flying a Pulse XT25 and a Dirty Birdi
Old 01-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

Yes it should follow the exact same line as the other engine for the same characteristics. Same angles as well - but suspect it is 0deg/0deg as most pattern planes are.

But again you should NOT change the thrust line due to electric - the plane has no idea what is spinning the prop anyway.

Mike

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Sport Planes (Formerly I/C & Gas Conversion)