Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Delta & Flying Wings
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Delta & Flying Wings Discuss electric powered delta (flying wing) style aircraft here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #2426
Ben D wing

View Ben D wing's Gallery50
Club: Leek and Moorlands Model Gliding Association.
Friends: (1)

Hi to you too, not much happening in this thread any more is there?

Here's an update on my latest Funjet installation: I'm now using a carbon spar instead of the supplied (heavy!) GRP version, and I've found a really cheap, lightweight motor that gives excellent performance for it's size. It's a HobbyKing outrunner and at less than $10 it's a steal! http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tor_250w_.html
This is hooked up to an APC 6'' x 4'' sport (ic) prop, 30A ESC and 1000mAh 4s LiPo, again from HobbyKing. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
The motor is drawing 19.4A @ 287W (in), and with the AUW of the model at 410g (14.4 ozs) it has a very healthy PWR of 319W/Lb. This combination enables the plane to be flown very slowly, but open the taps and it accelerates extremely quickly with a respectable top speed, circa 80MPH.
Incidentally, I have junked the heavy plastic jetpipe and replaced it with a rolled 1/64th ply tube, and also used a 1/8th'' liteply motor bulkhead let into the rear of the model as these small motors don't need much to hold them in place. The decals are a custom set from Modell-Bau Guru in Germany and are far lighter and thinner than the MPX decals supplied with the Ultra. They ain't cheap and you have to go to Germany to buy 'em!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_fj_&_fju (1).jpg
Views:	103
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	163457 Lightweight Funjet & Funjet Ultra

The original Dead-Stick Dummy!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 AM   #2427
Robio

Friends: (0)

So after two years of getting some stick time and looking at the FJ in its box I'm going to put it to the sky... I have two options for power systems. An Axi 2808/16 1850kv 30a esc or a HiMaxx 2825 2700kv 60a esc. What can I expect from either? Thought the lighter setup will be more versatile from what I've read.. Guess I'm behind the curve with the FJ Ultra being out but I'm sure the original will be a blast as well.

Rob........

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Delta & Flying Wings