Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Micro Sized Electric Helicopters Discuss micro and mini sized electric rc helis in here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #26
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Friends: (17)

Actually surprised there is little to no interest in this quad. I have been playing around with mine here in a Maintenance shop and I must have crashed it into everything from an MRAP to a JLG crane and it still to break any parts (Knock on wood)

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #27
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Took this little guy outside today for the first time and I was actually surprised how well it did not do. The breeze was just that a slight breeze and it did not take to it to well eventually it would settle down and fly straight but it sure like to wobble around. Had to make a slight repair to the canopy it cracked some when it came off the suport bar but other than that no damage to the copter itself. Now the charger on the other hand well I goofed I moved the charger while the little plug was still hooked up and dropped it causing the very tiny pins to bend. ARGH tried to straighten then with no succesas so had to order a replacement. Takes a miniimum of a week or 2 to get here in Afghan country but will have to wait until then for I have no other charger. Ehh what can you do thank goodness for sims. Practice Pratice Practic until then

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #28
rcplayer

Friends: (0)

is this thing easy to fly? i have an mcx2 which probably is easier to fly than that
Old 02-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #29
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

View Nitro Blast's Gallery38
Club: Silent Electric Fliers of San Diego
Send a message via MSN to Nitro Blast
Awards Showcase

100mph Speed Demon  3kW  1kW  WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (67)

Fishbonez, Nitro Jr. has one, and he loves it. It actually gave him the confidence he needed to fly a larger quad. We bring his to every indoor session we go to, and it is pretty good with it.

Electricity... It's not just for light bulbs anymore.

GoProfessional Cases industry grade protection for your gear

Dinogy Lipos professional grade energy

Project Globetrotter Participant 7/09
Wings Across America Participant 6/10
Old 02-28-2013, 05:03 AM   #30
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Originally Posted by rcplayer View Post
is this thing easy to fly? i have an mcx2 which probably is easier to fly than that
Lets just say if I can fly it anyone can fly it It definitly is a learning curve for me because I have to switch my mind to say you are not flying an airplane. That is the hardest for me but other than that i thinnk it easy to fly and I do enjoy it.

Originally Posted by Nitro Blast View Post
Fishbonez, Nitro Jr. has one, and he loves it. It actually gave him the confidence he needed to fly a larger quad. We bring his to every indoor session we go to, and it is pretty good with it.
Sweet. Im glad to hear it because my daughter has a small interest in them. Originally when I started this addiction I was hoping it would be something my daughter and I could enjoy. well that did not pan out to well but she does have small interest in heli so I thouhgt I might give this to her when I return to the States in hopes it might spur some interest back in her into this hobby. I am also glad it boosted his confidence becaue I would like to try a larger one just unsure if I am ready for it yet.

Edit: My charger just got her today back at it soon

Old 01-11-2014, 02:29 AM   #31
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

I have an MQX quad but it has a little problem. Only the front motors run. When you look at the board with the direction indicator at the top (North) there is a wire,30mm long, single strand, red plated copper, which is attached to a pad very close to the east corner. But it is not attached at the other end. I am thinking this is the problem. There are several unused solder pads which look as if they were meant for this connection. The most likely is almost on the North South line 20.68 mm from the extreme north corner.

I am hoping that you can look at your boards and tell me where that thirty mm wire is meant to be attached. I do have a picture of my board but I do not know its URL address so I cannot upload it.

Best wishes to you all. Birdmanpete
Old 01-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #32
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default Silly Me.

The issue I had is totally covered by the instruction book in that part where you are told to use a fresh blank page in your model memories.

I thought it was blank but no, it had a substantial nose down, subtrim setting on the elevator. At full throttle the rear motors might have started to spin but I was never going to open the tap right up.

Once I worked that out it flew very nicely. I did try it outdoors but I didn't like that nearly as well. A bit like a bucking poodle. Indoors it is ghostly smooth and very responsive.

I'm so glad I woke up before ordering a new flight control board.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #33
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Originally Posted by Birdmanpete View Post
The issue I had is totally covered by the instruction book in that part where you are told to use a fresh blank page in your model memories.

I thought it was blank but no, it had a substantial nose down, subtrim setting on the elevator. At full throttle the rear motors might have started to spin but I was never going to open the tap right up.

Once I worked that out it flew very nicely. I did try it outdoors but I didn't like that nearly as well. A bit like a bucking poodle. Indoors it is ghostly smooth and very responsive.

I'm so glad I woke up before ordering a new flight control board.
Cool glad to read you were able to figure it out. It is a neat little quad

Old 01-22-2014, 12:29 PM   #34
Renounced

I have a problem with mine: it worked perfectly, and now flips from right to left when trying to take off...help!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #35
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default Take off flips in quads......

.... are most commonly caused by an error in the props or the direction of rotation. You have not mentioned a crash but for my theory to be right ,there must have been a recent crash which saw replacement props being fitted or motors removed and re-fitted.

Another issue which could be dramatic is a reversal of function settings on the transmitter. All four functions should be "normal".

Before any future flight attempt check that the transmitter trims are all neutral, hold the model firmly by the battery keeping it as nearly level as possible and gently open the throttle. It should be trying to rise straight up. Any twisting or rolling movement is revealing a fault

If you are flying your mQX in the X configuration. The Nth West and the Sth East props both rotate anti clockwise and have standard pitch. The Northeast and Southwest props rotate clockwise and have reverse pitch. If you are flying in the plus configuration Nth and south are anti clockwise, East and west are clockwise.

If you have moved motors in a repair there are two details to check.

1)The Nth West and Sth East motors have red and blue wires and the other two have black and white wires.

2) the motor plugs to the board are marked with green paint and this is always on the side closest to the edge of the board.

Best wishes.

If none of this helps it sounds like damage to the board or a transmitter fault but it might be worth an email to a very useful team at Horizon Hobbies
Old 01-23-2014, 11:13 PM   #36
Renounced

Default Thanks!

I'm fairly certain the configuration is the same, and it's plugged in correctly, but definitely worth a second and third check just to be abso-positive. Again, thanks!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters