Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Aerial Photography
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Aerial Photography Discuss all aerial photography topics as they relate to rc aircraft

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-15-2012, 12:57 AM   #101
watt

Friends: (0)
Default been away awhile!

I probably missed this info. but here goes! I hear 2.4 radios have a shorter range than the 72s with long antenna. I have a new Hitec 2.4 Optic programmable. And a 72 . something Hitec. Which do you recommend for FPV Flying? I have a FPV setup from Wirelessvideocameras.com Suppose to have a 2 mile range. I have goggles from them too but the older style. I also have an auto-pilot that connects to a laptop and has a long range using sattelites.Feyiu Tech is the company that I got it from. I hear that the 2.4s are interferrance free, so I bought it for use on my auto-pilot system. I can take over the long range flight using the laptop PC so I think I should use it. If I chose using the 72 Frequency Radio I beleive I could pick up interferrance and lose the plane. My system has OSD that tells me my battery power that's remaining, the battery temperatuse , RPM, location and speed, and altitude. it has a return to me function and it can be programmed to go to differant waypoints using the laptop. I'm finishing the plane now and going to maiden flight before I add the Auto-Pilot. If you have experience at this kind of flying I need your input before I fly it with auto-pilot. Want to give me advice without critisms? Thanks to All of You for your feedback, watt..
Old 09-18-2012, 04:29 AM   #102
skyman

All I can say is... I hope your a much better programer than me! :P

If you only plan to fly the plane manually short range, then use the 2.4. Short range as in line of sight like you would do any model airplane, plus a little more. I had a very bad experience with FPV on 72mhz as you can read about somewhere in this thread if you want more info. I got bad interference when flying in a city, out in the country was fine, but I don't really trust it for FPV personally, however many people love it.

"I didn't crash... I just did an inverted nose landing!"
Old 09-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #103
flybuy

Originally Posted by watt View Post
I probably missed this info. but here goes! I hear 2.4 radios have a shorter range than the 72s with long antenna. I have a new Hitec 2.4 Optic programmable. And a 72 . something Hitec. Which do you recommend for FPV Flying? I have a FPV setup from Wirelessvideocameras.com Suppose to have a 2 mile range. I have goggles from them too but the older style. I also have an auto-pilot that connects to a laptop and has a long range using sattelites.Feyiu Tech is the company that I got it from. I hear that the 2.4s are interferrance free, so I bought it for use on my auto-pilot system. I can take over the long range flight using the laptop PC so I think I should use it. If I chose using the 72 Frequency Radio I beleive I could pick up interferrance and lose the plane. My system has OSD that tells me my battery power that's remaining, the battery temperatuse , RPM, location and speed, and altitude. it has a return to me function and it can be programmed to go to differant waypoints using the laptop. I'm finishing the plane now and going to maiden flight before I add the Auto-Pilot. If you have experience at this kind of flying I need your input before I fly it with auto-pilot. Want to give me advice without critisms? Thanks to All of You for your feedback, watt..
A lot depends on what frequency your VTX And VRX are on and where you fly. Some will interfear with 2.4 more than others. I personaly use 72mhz with 1280 vtx. Some get 3 miles with 72mhz. I have only been out 1/2 mile or so. Working on getting RTH set up in case signal is lost before i go any farther.

Best
Mike
Old 11-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #104
flybuy

Finally got ET RTH working and made my first flight out of los.Only made ti to 3400 ft before losing signal. Had some problems coming home getting signal ,finally locked in RTH and let it come home. I think I may have got an answer to signal problem from I B Crazy. Needed to twist servo wires. Haven't got a change to check it out since doing that. Weather has been to bad.
Still lots of fun flying out to 3400ft.

https://vimeo.com/52481958

Best
Michael
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #105
skyman

Originally Posted by flybuy View Post
Finally got ET RTH working and made my first flight out of los.Only made ti to 3400 ft before losing signal. Had some problems coming home getting signal ,finally locked in RTH and let it come home. I think I may have got an answer to signal problem from I B Crazy. Needed to twist servo wires. Haven't got a change to check it out since doing that. Weather has been to bad.
Still lots of fun flying out to 3400ft.

https://vimeo.com/52481958

Best
Michael
Nice!!

Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #106
flybuy

[QUOTE=skyman;891191]

Nice!!
[/QUOTE

Thanks Skyman:
Haven't heard much from you lately, Hope all is well!! Have you been flying much?

Twisting servo leads made a big differance in tx range. Made it out to 1 mile on my next flight after that.Longest flight i have made is 1 1/2 miles.
I have enjoyed flying FPV since i got RTH set up. Takes a little of the worry out of it . Still get a little shakey at times.

http://youtu.be/OvWala2OLgQ Just over 1 mile flight
Old 02-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #107
skyman

[QUOTE=flybuy;891223]
Originally Posted by skyman View Post

Nice!!
[/QUOTE

Thanks Skyman:
Haven't heard much from you lately, Hope all is well!! Have you been flying much?

Twisting servo leads made a big differance in tx range. Made it out to 1 mile on my next flight after that.Longest flight i have made is 1 1/2 miles.
I have enjoyed flying FPV since i got RTH set up. Takes a little of the worry out of it . Still get a little shakey at times.

http://youtu.be/OvWala2OLgQ Just over 1 mile flight

Nice footage! I really need to get a UHF, 1.5 miles was always kinda goal of mine .

No, I haven't been flying too much this winter. Had a bad crash from around 500ft at the start of fall, and simply haven't really gotten a chance to get things all running again. I believe all my equipment is still good, however my OSD isn't picking up satellites. I'll get it all figured out when the weather gets good, and post some flight footage .

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Aerial Photography