Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Lord Vader

Friends: (0)
Default New Flysky 10 channel tx

I have read that Flysky is coming out with a new 10 channel Tx. Anyone have some info or knowledge if this is true and/or where to find the info?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
A.T.

Club: To many to include.

Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
I have read that Flysky is coming out with a new 10 channel Tx. Anyone have some info or knowledge if this is true and/or where to find the info?
Suspect you mean the FrSky 16ch soon to be on shelves:
FrSky Taranis - 16 Channel, Full Telemetry Transmitter
$175.00 including Alloy carry case.

For many years FrSky has produced modules and receivers together with that range of
compatible
receivers for Spektrum, Futaba and Hitec.

Without doubt this will be another shake up of the RC system scene.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 04-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
Panther

Friends: (1)

Link with better pics of the TARANIS here http://www.frsky-rc.com/NewProducts/
Old 04-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Guys,

I'm liking what I see here. I'm a Futaba guy and a have a mix of genuine futuba, frysky, corona and orange Fasst compatible rx's. Am I seeing that if you have a Fasst compatible module for this TX, I could re-use these rx's and still get the same functionality and list of features this TX provides?

What a deal ! I'll be following this thread.

Cheers,

Hawk
Old 04-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
Panther

I guess you could email them and ask. Like you I love Futaba, just can't afford it anymore myself. Maybe this is the answer.
They mention a JR module slot in the back.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:10 AM   #6
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

C'mon guys ... get it right !

FlySky has been Testing the i10 and here's the latest news ...

http://www.flysky-cn.com/eShowNews.asp?id=97

Now the sharp-eyed amongst you will note that slim case ... the similarity to a radio that has been on market for some months ....

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 04-26-2013, 06:21 AM   #7
Panther

What is the price? I think there will be a big difference.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #8
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

Originally Posted by Panther View Post
What is the price? I think there will be a big difference.
So far ... no specs or pricing found ...

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 04-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #9
Rodneh

Club: Moonport Modelers

Note: Frsky and flysky are two different companies. I often seen info passed that is confusing as to which brand the author is referring to. My experience has shown FrSky to be an excellent company, FlySky not so reliable but this is not based on enough samples to be a reliable statement.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #10
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Rodneh View Post
Note: Frsky and flysky are two different companies. I often seen info passed that is confusing as to which brand the author is referring to. My experience has shown FrSky to be an excellent company, FlySky not so reliable but this is not based on enough samples to be a reliable statement.
The fact is without FlySky ..... many of the innovations and upgrades out there such as FrSky etc. would be severely limited.

The FlySky 9x lent itself to hacking being so open and accessible. FlySky may not have the best reputation as a FlySky unit ... but with FrSky module / Rx's - it beats anything else in the 8ch league hands down.... on price and versatility.

What I hope is that the i10 will follow in the 9x footsteps, upgrading where necessary and still able to support the modules etc.

Nigel

Old 04-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #11
Panther

Both companies deserve due credit. I use Flysky and considered a Frsky module for my Optic 6 but I can get a new 9X and receiver for around the same price, so I just keep ordering 9X receivers when I need another flight pack.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:17 AM   #12
bluzjamer

Club: South County R C Club, Rhode Island Soaring Club
Friends: (4)

Supposed to be available JUne 1st, so far it's over a week late. I'm in for one combo.
Lots of info over at RC Groups. Some great you tubes on it but still not available. If it does half of what they say it can it will be a winner. I love my SD10G but hate the high RX prices.

AMA # 944164

Some people hang pictures in their homes, I hang guitars in mine. I guess I can hang a few planes in the garage too!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #13
Lord Vader

I seen it at Banggood.com but it's out of stock now. Does anyone have any more info on this TX?
Old 10-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #14
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Seems many places are finding this hard to keep this TX in stock. Aloft hobby is doing a waiting list with no money to hold a spot great company to buy from with confidence. I have bought many Futaba compatible FrSky rx's from them.
http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-taranis.html
Old 10-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #15
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
Seems many places are finding this hard to keep this TX in stock. Aloft hobby is doing a waiting list with no money to hold a spot great company to buy from with confidence. I have bought many Futaba compatible FrSky rx's from them.
http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-taranis.html
The FlySky 10ch is the i10 .... NOT Taranis - which is a different radio by another Co. : FrSky.

The i10 has been shown on Youtube ... is up on the FlySky web-site ... but so far I haven't seen it for sale even though development has been ongoing for significant time.

Nigel

Old 10-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #16
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Oops my bad seems both of these radios got posted in this thread.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #17
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

I'm a little annoyed actually that the i10 is still not on the market ...

But I do like the idea of the FS-6, looks better than the CT6 ... and am looking at that as a sunday sport flyer radio ....

Nigel

Old 03-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #18
Lord Vader

Default new i10 Tx

I have a new Flysky fs-i10 now and I really like it. It is able to bind with the old Flysky rxs', that is a major plus for me as I have close to two dozen of the rxs. The ergonomics are good, can reach all the switches and access the sliders without loosing contact with the sticks. Fairly easy to navigate the fw, which updatable it says along with the rxs'.

The only draw back for me is that it is not able to change to the er9x fw because of the hardware inside. But that's ok. Can't wait to use it, weather not permitting yet. If it not raining, it's too windy or too cold. But soon I will get out and try it.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:48 PM   #19
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Lord Vader .... can the FrSky module be plugged in ?

Where did you get it from ?

Interesting you mention switches etc. - I have 9xr and 9x's ... the 9x is much better in terms of finding switches ... trims etc. by feel. The 9xr has the pots and switches too close to the sticks when full deflection made UP ... and the trims being near flush rockers are hard to find ...

Nigel

Old 03-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #20
Lord Vader

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Lord Vader .... can the FrSky module be plugged in ?

Where did you get it from ?

Interesting you mention switches etc. - I have 9xr and 9x's ... the 9x is much better in terms of finding switches ... trims etc. by feel. The 9xr has the pots and switches too close to the sticks when full deflection made UP ... and the trims being near flush rockers are hard to find ...

Nigel
No, you can't plug in any other modules.
I got it from Amazon.com
I too have a 9x and the 9xr. I also have a Devo 8s w/Deviation FW. My Skyfly 9x has ER9X. Love all of these txs' and I believe the new i10 will be as good if not better. Has a good feel to it. Only thing I can forsee having an issue with is that all the switches are close together, possibility of hitting one while going for another. Not a big issue for me as I don't use them very often.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #21
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

If no module - then to me that is a step backward.

JR introduced the module we are used to today - back in the late 70's ... I have a JR Propo with it ... It started a revolution in Tx in that you could swap Freq range ... 35, 40, 41, 72 etc. without changing Tx completely. Made it easy to go 2.4 later.

FrSky system is one of the best and is what I have now consolidated on ... I am not in the market to change again.

Maybe it can take internal board - but looking at the slimness of the Tx case ... doubtful there's room - even if it was compatible.

The 9xr missed the boat with it's moving pots / switches around so now they are too close together ...

Looks like the i10 has missed the boat by removing the module aspect.

Looks like the 9x is still King of castle..... price, ergonomics and able to be customised as wished by user ... I also prefer the more thick beefy case then the 9xr ... i10 looks about same or slimmer ...

Nigel

Old 03-23-2014, 07:42 PM   #22
Lord Vader

Yes, it does seem that Flysky has alienated themselves with this Tx. It's really too bad, I do like this radio even though it seems to be limited in it's ability to be "hacked" so to speak. Maybe someone will take on the task of looking into it deeper and seem what kind of potential it has; if any; to be upgraded. I have no problem using it in it's current configuration as I don't do FPV and this is the first Tx I will try telemetry on. Maybe later down the line this Tx may lend itself to being modded or hacked to improve it's capability and usefulness to the masses.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:39 AM   #23
yorkiepap

Club: AMA/LHMAC
Friends: (2)
Red face

I really fail to understand why, when a new Tx is introduced, the first parameter the computer "geeks" look for is whether it can be "hacked" or not. This is a new radio system with 10ch, color touchscreen, superb ergonomics, & comes with a new AFHDS-2A telemetry 10ch Rx that includes voltage/temp/rpm sensors, RSSI, & is backward compatible with the original AFHDS Rx's. The only detriment I see so far is the lack of 4/6/8ch AFHDS-2A Rx's being available. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO DO MORE OR BE SUBJECT TO "HACKING"??? Make me understand. 97% of pilots don't need to do any more than the Tx was designed for & generally, the computer Tx's, even my 'ol faithful JR10X's, have more features than I'll ever need. If you need to "hack", do as all the other "geeks" have.....buy a Crapanus & fulfill your lust.

Denny

* "To Be Old and Wise You Must First Be Young and Stupid." *

* "A mans' word is his honor....without honor, there is nothing." *
Old 03-26-2014, 03:28 AM   #24
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by yorkiepap View Post
I really fail to understand why, when a new Tx is introduced, the first parameter the computer "geeks" look for is whether it can be "hacked" or not. This is a new radio system with 10ch, color touchscreen, superb ergonomics, & comes with a new AFHDS-2A telemetry 10ch Rx that includes voltage/temp/rpm sensors, RSSI, & is backward compatible with the original AFHDS Rx's. The only detriment I see so far is the lack of 4/6/8ch AFHDS-2A Rx's being available. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO DO MORE OR BE SUBJECT TO "HACKING"??? Make me understand. 97% of pilots don't need to do any more than the Tx was designed for & generally, the computer Tx's, even my 'ol faithful JR10X's, have more features than I'll ever need. If you need to "hack", do as all the other "geeks" have.....buy a Crapanus & fulfill your lust.

Denny
You've really mis-understood haven't you.

Hacking is NOT what I am on about. FlySky 9x was modular based. Meant you could fit DSM ... FrSKy ... whatever suited you WITHOUT HACKING. Even the 9xr has the same ability.

FlySky in my view has taken a backward step by removing the modular form.

I am a loyal FS user .. but now find that this i10 - which I have been waiting for - would mean replacing ALL my Rx's in all my 25 models to be compatible from my present FrSky.

I have no interest in Taranis.

Second - Ergonomics ? You are kidding of course ? The i10 suffers same problem as the 9xr ... the pots moved too close to other items making it hard for people like me with fat fingers. I do not have slim Chinese fingers.
The case is too slim and does not 'feel' solid in hand.
But these are personal ergo views and if it suits you - then fine. But please do not paint others who may differ ...

If the i10 was modular - I would ... as I have with the 9xr ... overlook the case and pot positions. I would definitely be interested.

Don't forget that any 9x or 9xr can be made to have much the same Telemetric services for similar money - so that is not any advantage really - especially in that you are confined to FS only systems. Sorry to say this - FS systems format has not been as solid and reliable as FrSky and others. Even though I an founder of FS Group forum - I realised this a long time ago and changed module / Rx to FrSky... A move that made the FS radio brilliant and reliable.

Nigel

Old 03-26-2014, 03:57 AM   #25
pmullen503

Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (3)

A good feature of the 10i is the retractable pot buttons. Not that it would do you much good if you really needed all the pots, but if you only need one you could retract the others to get them out of the way.

No module slot is a step backwards. I gather there are no voice alerts (I like it more than I thought I would on the Taranis) but what about haptic? Telemetry is much more valuable if you don't have to take your eyes off the model to get it.

The phone-like touch screen of the 10i will probably attract many more buyers than it will lose because it lacks a module slot.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros