Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Power Systems
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-11-2014, 01:27 AM   #1
Bill Gibson

Friends: (1)
Default New AS6410NBL problems!

My well used E-Flite yak 54UMX started flying funny, then the ailerons decided to act like flaps(again) going up and down together at the same time. this happened once before when i first got the plane(used) and a very nice gentleman on here walked me thru the way to fix it..... this time l decided to go ahead and buy a new reciever, and installed it in the plane, i also purchased the SPMA3060 usb interface to activate the AS3X system. In short, im not having any luck getting anything to work correctly.....can anybody help an idiot who has limited computer/programming skills? (I have Windows XP)Or should i just send the plane to Horizon so they can program the plane to work correctly? Many Thanks either way, Bill
Old 02-11-2014, 02:25 AM   #2
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Friends: (4)

So the new receiver is doing the same thing, or you just can't get it to work?
Old 02-11-2014, 03:42 PM   #3
Bill Gibson

Originally Posted by thepiper92 View Post
So the new receiver is doing the same thing, or you just can't get it to work?
Piper, i think the receiver works fine, i just dont understand how to set it up correctly....program it i guess?
Old 02-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Just turn the receiver on (plug in the battery), and wait until the unit flashes, then turn on your radio. As the micro receivers/esc's do not have binding buttons, there is little left to binding other than giving the receiver itself an automatic binding mode that occurs when there is not signal after a certain amount of time. This was the same with my micro receiver from HK, that has it's own module for the radio. I didn't want to have to use the Spektrum one, so I replaced it. I turned on the unit and waited about 10 seconds, then turned on the 9xr. It bound right away, even easier than binding a standard receiver. I looked up the manual for yours, its simply a 5 second timer in the receiver for looking for a signal. After 5 seconds, it goes into binding mode, represented by blinking. As for your issue with the last receiver, sudden issues of the ailerons sounds like a receiver malfunction to me, and nothing more. If it was always acting like that, then it is clearly channel setup issues on your radio, but if the ailerons were working, then they began to not work, receiver is likely the issue. Also, that usb unit is not for binding, but changing settings of the esc, such as motor braking, brushless motor timing, channel configuration. Most of the things you probably won't use, but could be fun to try. Perhaps someone knows more about the unit and the usb device, but I have had car esc's that I hook up to computers, and with the software, I changed the harshness of the throttle input, motor timing, and motor braking. This is important for rc cars, especially for when you want to have better grip and not spin the tires. For a plane, however, I have never bothered playing with settings on an esc, or esc/receiver unit, other than turning the plane on with the radio at full throttle to shut off motor braking.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:55 PM   #5
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Try swapping the elevator plug with the aileron plug on the rx.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #6
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

That could be an issue, but I read the issue as being that the plane was flying with ailerons and then suddenly it was not flying with aileron control. Lol, maybe I misread.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #7
Mivins
Marty

Club: Osprey Homestead FL
Friends: (0)

With a little research, it appears that your problem is in the program state of the transmitter, so all receivers will perform the same. I am assuming you have the aileron servos connected to two seperate ports on the receiver. If you are using a "y" connector and both surfaces travel the same way, then you have somehow changed the physical geometry of the aileron that is going the wrong way. If indeed they are connected to two different ports on the receiver, then somehow you have inadvertantly changed the program of the aileron setting in the transmitter. If this seems likely, check out page eight of this link https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...-Manual_EN.pdf , the manual for your radio I hope, if not find the appropriate manual, and find the reprogram step for changing aileron direction. Good luck.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:05 AM   #8
Bill Gibson

First, i want to thank everyone for trying to help me straighten out my Yak! I did make some progress as the ailerons are now working correctly as per mivins advice! The only issue i have is with the rudder with the AS3X system....as per the instructions when i move the nose of the plane to the left, the rudder should turn to the right, unfortunately, its turning to the left, the same direction as the nose, and i cant reverse the rudder sensor on the AS3X via the SPMA3060 USB interface....im not even sure if the download is even working.....AARRGGHH! VERY frustrating! My GRANDDAUGHTERS know more about downloading software than i do!!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:14 AM   #9
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Simply reverse the 4th channel on the transmitter. If its reversed, put it to normal. Glad the problem is fixed, guess I misunderstood. I thought the receiver was working and suddenly the ailerons stopped working without changing anything
Old 02-12-2014, 03:12 AM   #10
Bill Gibson

Piper, i gave that a try, and unfortunately the AS3X is still correcting in the wrong direction...but if if you come up with something else to try, please by all means, give me a shout!!!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 03:32 AM   #11
Mivins
Marty

Club: Osprey Homestead FL
Friends: (0)

Bill, looks like you're going to have to correct the wrong rudder in the receiver. Question one: Does the rudder respond to a stick change in the wrong direction for a turn, or does only the stabilizer turn it the wrong way. I had this problem with a different brand of stabilizer, and fortunately it had a dip switch to change it. Now if it is responding to the stick backwards as well as the stabilizer sending it the wrong way, you might consider physically turning the servo front to back if it is an inline servo or if its a rotary servo, put the servo arm on the other side of the output arm so it goes the other way. Otherwise you need to find someone smarter than one of us old guys, I know what you mean about grand daughters, I won't even play angry birds with my 4 year old g-daughter anymore.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:10 AM   #12
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Firstly, maybe you should reset the whole thing. It's in the as6410 manual. It states you can servo reverse, so maybe restarting from scratch would help. If not, you should be able to physically flip the servo, the control rods should connect, even if you have to bend them to clear the servo.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Power Systems