Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Warbird Electrics
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #1
Panther

Friends: (0)
Default Front Gear door for Retracts on Dynam T28 Trojan

Just fitted a gear door on my Trojan. It really tidied it up. I have now covered the black rear doors as well and they look so much better. Another 10klm per hour maybe???

Old 02-13-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

The doors might make 1 to 2 km/hr difference... if that much.

the retract vs fixed gear makes a lot more difference but thats only about 5 to 7 km/hr gear up vs down on the Dynam Me262, which peaks at appx 110 mph (close to 180 km/hr)

about the same effect with the big EDF in my Avatar pic which peaks out at 119 mph gear up, 112 gear down)

The looks of your gear door is very nice though.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #3
Panther

Originally Posted by fhhuber View Post
The doors might make 1 to 2 km/hr difference... if that much.

the retract vs fixed gear makes a lot more difference but thats only about 5 to 7 km/hr gear up vs down on the Dynam Me262, which peaks at appx 110 mph (close to 180 km/hr)

about the same effect with the big EDF in my Avatar pic which peaks out at 119 mph gear up, 112 gear down)

The looks of your gear door is very nice though.

thanks mate, actually I as joking about the 10 klm. I am not a speed freak at 65 years of age. I covered the door with solarfilm and have now covered the rear doors with it as well. It has improved the looks a lot. I used Balsaloc on the doors first. The front door is hinged with Dubro hinges and can easily be removed if necessary. I had it more enclosed but was worried about the steering binding so I cut a chunk off. Looking forward to flying it again as I have just put in a bigger motor and landing lights that come on when the gear drops as well. Also gone to 4S instead of 3S.
Any day now.....
Old 02-17-2014, 05:26 AM   #4
Panther

Doesn't matter now... it's stuffed....

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Warbird Electrics