Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2014, 01:18 AM   #1
dgjessing

Club: Westerville Model Aeronautics Assoc.
Friends: (0)
Default Flying machine

I've been toying with the idea of building a scale old-timer, perhaps a Blériot XI or the like. But then I thought, "I haven't got the patience to do a good job of it", and an actual scale model of something like that will no doubt be kind of a boring flyer.

So instead I thought I'd do a capable sport plane disguised as an old-timer . It's going to be rather the same size & configuration as others I've made that I'm happy with, but the fuselage will be uncovered sticks; maybe a little wire bracing thrown in here and there.

I'm planning a symmetrical foam wing, about 42" span, and I've got a HURC 450 sport motor laying around. Should be able to fly pretty slow, and also do unlimited straight up when desired .

Underway, more as things progress:

Dave
AMA #56519

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft