Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-26-2014, 06:39 AM   #1
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,162 Times in 2,070 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (311)
Talking Getting Planes Off The Back Burner

Hi Everyone I bet We All Have Project planes on the Back Burner I Have a F-20 that I have not Maiden yet, its been on the back burner for a while, I need to install a servo and spring dampener servo saver for it, and make the front landing gear, thats finally going to happen, my only excuse is that my son dropped the top half of a small kitchen hutch on my left leg while we were moving it, that really messed up my left leg, That set me back about 3 months ouch, its better now, so now, i feel like doing more LOL.

I have a Gee Bee that I designed with large control Surfaces and a Big Hell Cat, ( Excuse the dust on it and the retract holes in the wing, and the Red Bra Strap holding it Up ) That I designed that I want to finish up, here are a few pics of them, List your Back Burner projects Too Take care, Chellie

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	173789   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	173790   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	173791   Click image for larger version

Name:	00006.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	173792  

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 02-26-2014, 06:55 AM   #2
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Friends: (4)

My first plane actually lol. An SU-47 from HK. It was when I had the mindset that my first plane should be one with no prop...makes sense...no prop, can't break the prop. I no doubt could actually fly it now, but I have to get around to wiring up two escs to one battery connector, and have to buy more motor wire extensions, and 1000000C batteries...maybe just 45C, of which I have one of, would be fine. I also have to make the dang batteries fit.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:05 AM   #3
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 

Originally Posted by thepiper92 View Post
My first plane actually lol. An SU-47 from HK. It was when I had the mindset that my first plane should be one with no prop...makes sense...no prop, can't break the prop. I no doubt could actually fly it now, but I have to get around to wiring up two escs to one battery connector, and have to buy more motor wire extensions, and 1000000C batteries...maybe just 45C, of which I have one of, would be fine. I also have to make the dang batteries fit.
Your lucky Only one plane on the back burner I have a few more planes on the back burner, but its to Embarrassing to list then all LOL, My Only Excuse is ADD Thats my story and I am Sticking to it Take care, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 02-26-2014, 07:19 AM   #4
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Well I no doubt will have more when I started getting more into building. I am having a back burner to flying itself, however, with all of this Arctic weather. A few days of above freezing, but too windy, now this weather...and still windy. I suspect that my Radian Pro will be on a flying back burner the most often. There will be days when I want relaxing flight, or rather flight where I can toss the plane around for 30 minutes and not have to worry if the battery will die, but I prefer scale flight of the warbird variety more so. Well...maybe not quite scale speed, but at least scale looking. It is odd though how difficult it is not to buy a new plane, or look for new ideas for a build. I look at one plane and think how it will feed the need of flying/building. Then it is built, and then it is flown, and then I see something else interesting, of which is not simply a want, but somehow a need almost. Perchance it is merely the weather bringing about this bank account debacle; there is a scarcity of things to do in winter.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:25 AM   #5
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by thepiper92 View Post
Well I no doubt will have more when I started getting more into building. I am having a back burner to flying itself, however, with all of this Arctic weather. A few days of above freezing, but too windy, now this weather...and still windy. I suspect that my Radian Pro will be on a flying back burner the most often. There will be days when I want relaxing flight, or rather flight where I can toss the plane around for 30 minutes and not have to worry if the battery will die, but I prefer scale flight of the warbird variety more so. Well...maybe not quite scale speed, but at least scale looking. It is odd though how difficult it is not to buy a new plane, or look for new ideas for a build. I look at one plane and think how it will feed the need of flying/building. Then it is built, and then it is flown, and then I see something else interesting, of which is not simply a want, but somehow a need almost. Perchance it is merely the weather bringing about this bank account debacle; there is a scarcity of things to do in winter.
If Your retired, get a Big RV and move to So Calif or Florida for the winter months LOL that way you can fly almost every day

Old 02-26-2014, 07:34 AM   #6
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
If Your retired, get a RV and move to So Calif or Florida for the winter months LOL that way you can fly almost every day
I have to find a good job and then get completely tired of the job before retirement can happen at all lol. That is, unless I came across a large sum of money, and I would do things that I wouldn't consider jobs (except perhaps raising children) but tell others they are, including playing music, collecting/ building classic cars, carpentry. Then retiring would be doing the same things as before and stop calling them jobs.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:51 AM   #7
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

I have three ready to fly that I haven't actually got airborne yet - tried but failed !

Twin Parkjet :

Twin 250 heli motors with over 1.2KW output on 4.5 x 4.5 props ... counter rotating.

Nijet :

250 Heli motor with 4.1 x 4.1 prop ...

Snice-Mitar :

Funfighter (Rarebear) motor with 5 x 5 prop

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Near ready to go but still needing a little work ...

ME109 Profile :

Sitting on top of F16 before I painted her plain matt green etc.

F16 profile :

Just too flimsy ... even with rods etc. I doubt I will ever fly this one.

1.6m Cessna Skylane :

Needs new cowl, front UC leg and motor fitted.

Freebie wood job :

Needs powerful motor and strong gear.

And loads of plans on PC !

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 03-16-2014, 05:07 AM   #8
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)

back burner,bummer is getting time to fly and take the un-maidened birds to the field when all i really just want to do is get some air time in....

planes to maiden this year,the bird of time kit i took the rx out of for the greatplanes f-20 tigershark i got for Christmas[un-maidened]. the finished kit RV 4-40 this winter[un-maidend],the hopped up stinger i hope flys faster.. ect..ect....to bad i have a bunch of house repairs this winter has brought to bare. those cant wait.

new roof shingles,repair ceiling in sons room from leak damage,patch concrete on foundation around the house the ice damaged and repair brick steps ice also damaged this year. it's been a kick our a$$ winter around here.

dang.....really need a day without wind now that it's warming up.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 03-16-2014, 05:33 AM   #9
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
back burner,bummer is getting time to fly and take the un-maidened birds to the field when all i really just want to do is get some air time in....

planes to maiden this year,the bird of time kit i took the rx out of for the greatplanes f-20 tigershark i got for Christmas[un-maidened]. the finished kit RV 4-40 this winter[un-maidend],the hopped up stinger i hope flys faster.. ect..ect....to bad i have a bunch of house repairs this winter has brought to bare. those cant wait.

new roof shingles,repair ceiling in sons room from leak damage,patch concrete on foundation around the house the ice damaged and repair brick steps ice also damaged this year. it's been a kick our a$$ winter around here.

dang.....really need a day without wind now that it's warming up.
Heck with the house repairs, Go Fly LOL

I Have some home repairs to do too, They can Wait LOL, Take care and have fun, Chellie

Old 03-16-2014, 05:42 AM   #10
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

Heck with the house repairs, Go Fly LOL

I Have some home repairs to do too, They can Wait LOL, Take care and have fun, Chellie
I've been in house reconstruction at home for 10 years ... and still have leaking roof, cold air getting in through nooks and crannies in kitchen / party room ... main bedroom not finished ... etc. etc.
I'm only about 70% way through it ...

GO FLY !! I DO !!

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 03-16-2014, 06:37 AM   #11
pattern14
Super Contributor

Friends: (8)

I've got 16 planes on the back burner, and that's where they will stay until I get though the back log of jobs my wife has piled up for me...
Old 03-16-2014, 06:41 AM   #12
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by pattern14 View Post
I've got 16 planes on the back burner, and that's where they will stay until I get though the back log of jobs my wife has piled up for me...
Hmmmm Me Thinks you need to Wine and Dine the Wife more, that way she will let you go outside to play and Build your RC Planes More Often LOL

Old 03-16-2014, 07:00 AM   #13
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Hmmmm Me Thinks you need to Wine and Dine the Wife more, that way she will let you go outside to play and Build your RC Planes More Often LOL

Do that and then there's no problem - no money left for models anyway !!

Nigel

Old 03-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #14
BaronBernie
Baron Bernie

Club: Western New York Sailplane And Electrical Plane Flying Club
Send a message via Yahoo to BaronBernie
Friends: (1)

Now that the winter tme is coming to an end, I can put the simulator away and get back to the back burner planes. One is an FT Flyer that has a stearable nosewheel and a FT Old Speedster. After some time of searching R/C sites my friend and I have located a set of planes to build a Little Red Dragon. It will take some time though as the instructions are in German,

Low and slow is the way to go!
Old 03-16-2014, 10:31 PM   #15
carpetbagger

Friends: (0)

Lots of planes on the back burner, or as I prefer "under construction". I jumop around the backlog depending on my mood - glider today? Nah, go with little planes. Of course I mentioned relocating to the Outer Banks (OBX) and now the Commander has issued her list of stuff I have to get rid of, stuff on the house to fix for sale, etc, etc . . .

Hmm, OBX, I'll have to check out float plane plans!
Old 03-17-2014, 05:35 AM   #16
propnut48

Club: Never joined one as of yet
Send a message via Skype™ to propnut48
Friends: (2)

I'm in the same boat too. I have a Sig Cub that I've been tinkering with since I moved to Cali. in 1978. It's mostly framed and even built the motor box for the E motor instead of the. 25ci it normally takes. Life has gotten in the way, with kids and grand kids and starting my own business. No free time anymore t build. Arf's have been a godsend. I want to finish it though. 71" span and should top out at 3lbs all up.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:42 AM   #17
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by propnut48 View Post
I'm in the same boat too. I have a Sig Cub that I've been tinkering with since I moved to Cali. in 1978. It's mostly framed and even built the motor box for the E motor instead of the. 25ci it normally takes. Life has gotten in the way, with kids and grand kids and starting my own business. No free time anymore t build. Arf's have been a godsend. I want to finish it though. 71" span and should top out at 3lbs all up.
That Should be a nice plane to Fly, tell you What, Call in Sick to work for a week, and build your Plane, The Boss will never know LOL

Old 03-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #18
propnut48

Club: Never joined one as of yet
Send a message via Skype™ to propnut48
Friends: (2)

Wish I could but I'm the boss unfortunately.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft