Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-05-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
Chucksolo69

Friends: (1)
Default Temporarily Putting Aside my Warbirds for Now

I'm going to temporarily put aside my warbirds for now and concentrate on these Sport/Aerobatic planes. They are (clockwise):

Value Hobby 39" SBach profile foamie
Electrifly Super Sporster 40" foamie
Parkzone ArtiZan
Flyzone Acro-Wot MkII
Freewing Spacewalker

I'm really beginning to like aerobatic flying.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aerobats and Sports Planes.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	173894  
Old 03-06-2014, 12:13 AM   #2
Don Sims
Administrator

View Don Sims's Gallery3
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (39)

Nice looking fleet. Why not mix up the flying?

Take care and thanks for posting at WattFlyer!!

Don
Old 03-06-2014, 01:32 AM   #3
Bill Gibson

SWEET FLEET! Though im very bad at it, aerobatics is FUN!! The thrill is when a manuver actually goes right!! How do you like your Artizan??
Old 03-06-2014, 01:33 AM   #4
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)

Very nice hanger load.....unless there is some technology out there I'm not aware of, you can still only fly one at a time anyway.....

AMA 928214
Old 03-06-2014, 01:38 AM   #5
Chucksolo69

Originally Posted by pizzano View Post
Very nice hanger load.....unless there is some technology out there I'm not aware of, you can still only fly one at a time anyway.....
What's your point? They all fly differently.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:40 AM   #6
Chucksolo69

Originally Posted by Bill Gibson View Post
SWEET FLEET! Though im very bad at it, aerobatics is FUN!! The thrill is when a manuver actually goes right!! How do you like your Artizan??
I just got the Artizan yesterday and got it built today. Now I just have to calibrate the AS3X receiver to my DX9. I will maiden it this weekend. Probably on Saturday.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:41 AM   #7
Chucksolo69

Originally Posted by Don Sims View Post
Nice looking fleet. Why not mix up the flying?
I have been flying warbirds almost exclusively for the past year. Thought I'd broaden my horizons. In fact, I'm going to be giving away a few of the warbirds to friends and family who fly. I'm running out of space in the ol' hanger.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:57 AM   #8
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Chuck it's me your long lost Uncle sure would love that Corsair.

I did the war birds for a while, but I do enjoy flying sport and aerobatic more. I still take the dynaflite corsair out and fly it just not as much.
sold a mustang and a A1- Skyraider so I could afford some other planes.

So I hear ya on war bird thing and you have a nice new fleet going.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:25 AM   #9
Chucksolo69

Funny you should mention Corsairs Gramps. Somewhere along the line I acquired 5 of those puppies. I plan to get rid of 3 of them and keep only one of the Flyzone F4U Select Scale Corsairs and my second generation Parkzone with the retracts. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy flying the warbirds, but there is just something about a fast aerobat and those double and triple axial rolls and spins that is just outta this world. I am just now getting into 3D but right now, knife edge flight, harries, hovering and stuff of that nature sure has me stumped. I practice all the time on the sim, but that just doesn't translate well to the real world. I can knife edge all day long on the sim.....but for real....not so much!!! Anyway, your welcome to one of the Corsairs, that is, if you fly out to SoCal and claim it. I don't ship!!!! LOL!!!!!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:33 AM   #10
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Hey Chuck ... I am also one who decided to go aerobatic for a change ...

But I hope you have better luck than me ! My Badius - twice now I've gone too low and cartwheeled snapping her in half !

But - yes - 'batting about does get enjoyable.

Question : The Skywalker - is that the one back left with red on the wings ? HK used to have similar suitable for gasoline engine - always fancied iot but can't find it now !

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 03-06-2014, 06:41 AM   #11
Chucksolo69

Nigel, yes, that's the Freewing Spacewalker. The only places I have seen it for sale are MotionRC , F-Hobby, and ValueHobby here in the states. The plane retails for $99.00 at most places and F-Hobby has it for 10 dollars less. It is a superb plane for the money. I bought it because of the price and retro look. It flies really nice too and the quality is top notch. It is one of RC's best kept secrets. I have never heard of a Badius, could you post a picture of it?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #12
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

Accipiter Badius .... HK sells it named Patternish F3A ...

Banggod sell it as well ... but a slightly different construction. HK has wood internals to carry servos etc. but the BG version is plain white, no decals, all foam. Bit on the small side - but it flies on rails. Apart from when you cartwheel from puling out loops too low !!

Mine - I covered in film ... which turned out to be not such a good idea .. the film and foam have different expansion / contraction in temp changes and it's led to wrinkled film.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 03-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #13
Chucksolo69

Nice color scheme though, and, you can't tell when she's a flyin'!!!!! She looks like a true pattern plane.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #14
crash_out
Misanthropic Member

View crash_out's Gallery2
Club: No club, I'm a renegade!!!
Send a message via MSN to crash_out Send a message via Yahoo to crash_out
Awards Showcase

2kW  WAA-08 Pilot  1kW 
Friends: (6)

That looks an awful lot like a GWS Formosa....

-nick
TANSTAAFL!
Old 03-07-2014, 12:02 AM   #15
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Originally Posted by Chucksolo69 View Post
Funny you should mention Corsairs Gramps. Somewhere along the line I acquired 5 of those puppies. I plan to get rid of 3 of them and keep only one of the Flyzone F4U Select Scale Corsairs and my second generation Parkzone with the retracts. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy flying the warbirds, but there is just something about a fast aerobat and those double and triple axial rolls and spins that is just outta this world. I am just now getting into 3D but right now, knife edge flight, harries, hovering and stuff of that nature sure has me stumped. I practice all the time on the sim, but that just doesn't translate well to the real world. I can knife edge all day long on the sim.....but for real....not so much!!! Anyway, your welcome to one of the Corsairs, that is, if you fly out to SoCal and claim it. I don't ship!!!! LOL!!!!!

Chuck the corsair is one war plane I will all ways have in my hanger. One of my favorite planes of WW II.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:07 AM   #16
Chucksolo69

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
Chuck the corsair is one war plane I will all ways have in my hanger. One of my favorite planes of WW II.
I agree. My second favorite is the Mosquito. I just got one of those a few months ago from Horizon Hobby and it's a great flyer.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:12 AM   #17
Chucksolo69

Originally Posted by crash_out View Post
That looks an awful lot like a GWS Formosa....
It also looks like a World of Models Commander pattern plane. What ever it is, I'm sure it is a sweet flyer.

I had a great time flying my aerobats today. I flew my Super Sportster and tried a move I never did before. I did a spin with about 5 rotations and then pulled out into a loop and did a double axial roll after I came out of the loop. My heart was pounding, but it felt great. Of course I had a lot of altitude to work with!!
Old 03-07-2014, 02:11 AM   #18
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

She does fly well ... even though she's smaller than a full F3A jobbie.

My problem is because she flies so well - I get over confident and have smashed her up twice ! First was when I gave wrong rudder stick in a low Knife Edge, so low that as soon as I realised - she'd already cartwheeled and snapped in two ! Second was a split s into a low pass to then climb into a reversal ... unfortunately I made the bottom of the pull out TOO low and she cartwheeled ... snapping her in two again !

The model flies so well, I'm seriously thinking of getting another and keep as the 'good one' and keep practicing with the first !

Nigel

Old 03-07-2014, 02:48 AM   #19
Chucksolo69

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
She does fly well ... even though she's smaller than a full F3A jobbie.

My problem is because she flies so well - I get over confident and have smashed her up twice ! First was when I gave wrong rudder stick in a low Knife Edge, so low that as soon as I realised - she'd already cartwheeled and snapped in two ! Second was a split s into a low pass to then climb into a reversal ... unfortunately I made the bottom of the pull out TOO low and she cartwheeled ... snapping her in two again !

The model flies so well, I'm seriously thinking of getting another and keep as the 'good one' and keep practicing with the first !

Nigel
Ha, funny, I have actually done the same. I have my "beater" Super Sportster that I hit a pole with and broke the fuse in half. She went back together perfectly and flies like new. I bought another to have as a backup that is still in the box. I just happen to really love that plane.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:57 AM   #20
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

I'd post up the links to the videos ... but I'm in China and cannot access Youtube for the url's

Will sort out later for you - or you can go to my channel : "solentlifeuk" .... check out how crazy I am !!

Nigel

Old 03-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #21
Chucksolo69

Great Nigel, looking forward to it.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers