Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
time bandit

Friends: (12)
Default The EVA / Taylorcraft by Mountain Models

I've ordered the EVA from MM and would like to know who's built one of these and what electronics you used, motor, esc, battery, servos etc. Does it fly stable at slower speeds? I also am interested in their Taylorcraft model. I'm wondering if it's best suited for indoor or can it be flown in a small field in light wind? Is it just a slow fly model or can it scoot full throttle?
Old 03-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #2
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73353

how many threads are you going to make asking the exact same questions? Patience. it will go far.

slow stock prop reversal. it flies! easily! 543 watt dual motor bipe slow stick. push-me-pull-you. 242 watt 3 channel slow stick. 365 watt mini ultra stick. 415 watt mini contender. 810 watt ultra stick .25e. 220 watt alpha 450 sport (retired).
Old 03-18-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
buzzltyr

Friends: (4)

Originally Posted by time bandit View Post
I've ordered the EVA from MM and would like to know who's built one of these and what electronics you used, motor, esc, battery, servos etc. Does it fly stable at slower speeds? I also am interested in their Taylorcraft model. I'm wondering if it's best suited for indoor or can it be flown in a small field in light wind? Is it just a slow fly model or can it scoot full throttle?
I've built six EVA's, two bipes and four Sports. I've never built the 3D wing.
The plane comes with mounts for both a stick mounted motor and an outrunner mount. Any motor around 150 watts will be enough. The model weighs 16-18 oz fully built, so 150-175 watts will give you unlimited vertical. I used a 3S 1500mAh battery, and a 30 amp ESC. In my last one, I used a Scorpion 2215 motor. I flew it at under half throttle for basic flying. It is a very stable flyer, and will slow down very well for landing. It is a very good low wing/aileron trainer.

I've also built the Taylorcraft. It builds very quickly and easily. I have flown it outside in low wind (under 3mph) and indoors. Because of it's light weight,
I would not attempt to fly it in wind. But it is a nice slow flyer. I can loop it, but do not have enough rudder throw to do a rudder roll.

Hope that helps.

Mark
Old 03-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #4
time bandit

Originally Posted by hayofstacks View Post
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73353

how many threads are you going to make asking the exact same questions? Patience. it will go far.
I't all been worked out. He's shipping out to me today. I didn't realize he worked out of home and doesn't have a great deal of time or help on hand.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #5
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)

Didn't even read the thread I linked to. you already made one asking how it flew.

slow stock prop reversal. it flies! easily! 543 watt dual motor bipe slow stick. push-me-pull-you. 242 watt 3 channel slow stick. 365 watt mini ultra stick. 415 watt mini contender. 810 watt ultra stick .25e. 220 watt alpha 450 sport (retired).
Old 03-18-2014, 09:57 PM   #6
time bandit

Originally Posted by hayofstacks View Post
Didn't even read the thread I linked to. you already made one asking how it flew.
Okay cuz I totally missed that.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:24 AM   #7
time bandit

Originally Posted by buzzltyr View Post
I've built six EVA's, two bipes and four Sports. I've never built the 3D wing.
The plane comes with mounts for both a stick mounted motor and an outrunner mount. Any motor around 150 watts will be enough. The model weighs 16-18 oz fully built, so 150-175 watts will give you unlimited vertical. I used a 3S 1500mAh battery, and a 30 amp ESC. In my last one, I used a Scorpion 2215 motor. I flew it at under half throttle for basic flying. It is a very stable flyer, and will slow down very well for landing. It is a very good low wing/aileron trainer.

I've also built the Taylorcraft. It builds very quickly and easily. I have flown it outside in low wind (under 3mph) and indoors. Because of it's light weight,
I would not attempt to fly it in wind. But it is a nice slow flyer. I can loop it, but do not have enough rudder throw to do a rudder roll.

Hope that helps.

Mark
My EVA arrived Friday. I opened the package and took a quick look and everything is packed very nicely. I'm going to start collecting what I need to get the build started as soon as I can. I'm excited to finally get back into flying again.

What was I thinking?
Old 03-23-2014, 12:54 AM   #8
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Glad everything worked, and the kit arrived safe, and sound. Good things are worth the wait.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers