Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-26-2014, 04:31 AM   #1
sidybee

Friends: (0)
Default flaps and ailerons

ok i didnt know where to post this so here it is.
how do i set up 2 servos one for each side of wing and use them for flaps as well as ailerons. i was looking at a new plane and watching vidio but i do not know how to set this up. do i plug servos into 2 different channels , 1 channel i dont understand how to set this up. ive googled it but no answer that i can understand. tell like im a 2 year old (2 year old can prob do this no problem) maybe i need to find one hahahah
my radio is 6 channel and receiver is 6 or 8 i dont remember
i have two servos installed in a plane but there connected as one....
Old 03-26-2014, 04:48 AM   #2
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

Common "flaperon mix:

1st!!! make the ailerons work normally on a Y harness. This checks that the servos are centered correctly and the linkages are correct.

One aileron's servo plugs into the normal aileron channel.
The other plugs into the other channel to be used (usually 6 or AUX1 to use pre-programmed mix capabilities)

Mix Aileron to the other channel and mix the other channel back to the aileron channel.

Adjust the mix percentages to get even travel for ailerons and flap function.

Pre-programmed flaperon mixes will have options for max aileron travel, differential aileron throw and flap range independent of the aileron travel range.

Exact instructions vary with the radio.

If the closest you can get to having them operate the way you want is correct aileron but reversed flaps (or reversed elevator when doing elevon mix) just swap which aileron servo is plugged into which channel.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #3
sidybee

thanks ill copy this and give it a go. just hope my cheap radio will work this
Old 03-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #4
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

It will help if you specify what tx you are using. If someone else has one here, they might be able to give you more specific instructions.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:12 AM   #5
sidybee

Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
It will help if you specify what tx you are using. If someone else has one here, they might be able to give you more specific instructions.
yes that would prob be a good idea huh..
radio is flysky FS-CTB6 i was reading some stuff i found. ill go out to garage latter and play with a mock up ...i think i under stand just got to go see if i can get this cheap radio to work with me. so far all the instructions on using it has been wrong. i should have got one with the computer in the radio.
trying to stay cheap as the last plane stuff i had 16 years ago cost plenty (good stuff) and i had to leave it all behind (gave it all to kids that could not afford this stuff) $$$$$$$ gone
Old 03-27-2014, 01:25 AM   #6
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

I hate to say it, but I wonder if that tx is capable of doing flaperons. I found a photo of it, and it looks like it's not a computer radio capable of mixes and such. But I'm not familiar with it beyond that.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:40 AM   #7
FlyWheel
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton

View FlyWheel's Gallery5
Club: Lancaster County Fliers
Friends: (3)

Originally Posted by sidybee View Post
thanks ill copy this and give it a go. just hope my cheap radio will work this
My old Hitec Flash5x 72MHz radio will do this, I would be surprised if a 2.4 didn't, even a cheap one. Not as complex as they are.

Um, it is a 2.4GHz..?

"Give a man a plane and he'll fly for a day.
Teach a man to build a plane and he'll fly for a lifetime"
Old 03-27-2014, 02:38 AM   #8
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam

yes that would prob be a good idea huh..
radio is flysky FS-CTB6 i was reading some stuff i found. ill go out to garage latter and play with a mock up ...i think i under stand just got to go see if i can get this cheap radio to work with me. so far all the instructions on using it has been wrong. i should have got one with the computer in the radio.
trying to stay cheap as the last plane stuff i had 16 years ago cost plenty (good stuff) and i had to leave it all behind (gave it all to kids that could not afford this stuff) $$$$$$$ gone
If my memory serves me correctly (2007 was a long time ago....lol), the FS-CT6A & FS-CT6B were both 6 channel, PC programmable only 2.4ghz radios that came with RX's that had satelite extensions........both also had VR(a) and VR(b) control knobs, (b) was used on heli's for gyro sensitivity rate (a) was used for DR pitch rate sensitivity......they could be programmed for planes (4 & 5 channel functions), but the PC software was a pain in the ass to work with and not always reliable (control settings did not always stay constant and needed tweeking after every other flight)........that's what I remember, having owned both versions and used with Exceed-RC trex clone CCP heli's.......I found out later, around 2009, that the RX's were compatible with other Flysky TX's that were up-dated (software) and much more user friendly, but still PC only programmable......very cumbersome when needed in the field......and not easilly programmed for flaps but possible if one fiqures out how to transfer the control function from the VR or DR knobs to one of the stick switches....I never used more than 4 channels for planes and by-passed the use of the knobs all together.

AMA 928214
Old 03-27-2014, 03:56 PM   #9
sidybee

yes you do need a computer for this one. i carry laptop . but im thinking of getting a radio (same ) but has the computer built in it. that way i dont have to carry the lap top.
when i got this i was only going to fly my bees with it. but that darn BUG is biting me again.... smaller faster planes.. i hate that bug some times.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #10
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Another issue with the older Flysky.......firmware up-dates are vital, particularly if your'e running newer Flysky (OEM) RX's........That's why I dumped the older ones I had and converted everything over (at some expense) and over time, to a TX that was on-board programmable and does not require firmware interface or PC carry along....

AMA 928214
Old 03-31-2014, 04:19 AM   #11
sidybee

well an update . i can not get flaperons to work at all. i get ailerons or flaps
but not both. i found a pdf thats for air planes only and it has the setup in there for flaperons but i could not get it to work. i dont know how to insert a pdf here or i would so you all see what i see. theres got to be a way to do this i know im missing something.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:43 AM   #12
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

well an update . i can not get flaperons to work at all. i get ailerons or flaps
but not both. i found a pdf thats for air planes only and it has the setup in there for flaperons but i could not get it to work. i dont know how to insert a pdf here or i would so you all see what i see. theres got to be a way to do this i know im missing something.
Come on and join FlySky group and ask the members :

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/

Don't give up - I'm sure it can be done ...

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 03-31-2014, 04:16 PM   #13
sidybee

i joined them , nothing in there either , i never give up i own a big hammer.
im thinking real strong about a dx6 now or sumtin. but i know this thing can do it i just cant get it figgered out. i need a beer.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:51 AM   #14
sidybee

EUREKA i finally got flaperons yaaaaahooooooooo now i can flaperon hahahahaha
oh boy cant wait to crash now (er) fly i mean hahaha im so happy i figgered this out.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:06 AM   #15
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

" i never give up i own a big hammer."

How well did the hammer help.......I'm sure the beer made a difference...

AMA 928214
Old 04-01-2014, 02:06 AM   #16
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

EUREKA i finally got flaperons yaaaaahooooooooo now i can flaperon hahahahaha
oh boy cant wait to crash now (er) fly i mean hahaha im so happy i figgered this out.
The FlySky group needs information in as well as out ... so if you could create a small text file and upload it - how to do Flaperons on the CT6B ?

That would be fabulous ....

Of course once you get happy with the 6 ... I'm sure you would be looking to move up in radio - the 9x is a good logical move up from it ... you can still use all the gear you have now ... Rx's etc. with it if it stays FlySky ...

Gives you opportunity to go FrSky etc. for a lot less than other brands.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 04-01-2014, 02:16 AM   #17
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

This may help with other settings ...

http://helihelp.rabbitsvc.com/

with particular reference to :

http://helihelp.rabbitsvc.com/RCAirplane.aspx

Nigel

Old 04-01-2014, 03:27 AM   #18
sidybee

i have a pdf file for it but dont know how to post that. as far as helicopters i dont really care about them. as long as this radio keeps working good ill stick with it.(but i was real close with that hammer)(the beer helped) I just have to figger out how to play with the settings and get them to work with what i have. so far everything has been back wards for some reason. like when you set up the controls there all back wards on this radio. its like trying to do things from a mirror what you see is not what you get.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions