Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
LSP972

Friends: (0)
Default Futaba + Spektrum????

I don't want to seem like an idiot here… but I just read something that has me wondering.

I fly Futaba stuff; mainly a 12Z, with a few models still on an old 9Z upgraded to 2.4 but still have the 72mHz module. I used to fly JR, and know that you canno mix the two on 72mHz. So I assumed the same was true of 2.4gHz.

Then I read just now, in the manual of the E-Flite UMX Radian mini-glider… "When using a Spektrum DSM with a Futaba transmitter, you must reverse the throttle channel and re-bind."

WHAT??? You can fly a Spektrum receiver with a Futaba transmitter on 2.4?

I'm relatively new to 2.4, so sorry if this is common knowledge. And apologies for not searching… but I want to fly this thing today, and if I can set it up on my 12Z, I can not open the DX5E transmitter only I bought for it and get a full refund.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros