Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2014, 03:57 AM   #1
FlyWheel
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton

View FlyWheel's Gallery5
Club: Lancaster County Fliers
Friends: (3)
Arrow Looking for a kit (balsa)

I'm looking for a kit version of either a Bristol Boxkite, a Curtiss D3 A.K.A. Curtiss pusher, or similar design of 'Olde Tyme Aeroplane'. Think: Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines (the Boxkite first appears at 1:05 in the preview ). Either full or short kit is OK. Even plans are acceptable IF they include instructions, or at the very least an inventory of the not included parts that will be necessary for completion. Pat Tritle has a Bristol Boxkite short kit on his site, but my past experience with his Hobby Lobby Eastbourne kit was that it was way too fragile, at least for my skill level. And not very well cut. I have e-mailed him about the Bristol kit, but I want to have other options in case it doesn't work out with him.

Ideally I'm looking for something in the range of 1-2 meter WS

P.S. I'm putting this in general so to reach the largest audience (the builders' forum on this board is pathetically small ).

"Give a man a plane and he'll fly for a day.
Teach a man to build a plane and he'll fly for a lifetime"

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions