Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)
Default Thrust vectoring with Pushers - ideas ?

OK .. I have TV on EDF .. it's ok .. its prone to create heart-attacks when first used ! .. but basically so far I'm not totally sold on it ..

BUT with a decent pusher set-up - I reckon it could really 'push the boat out' ...

Ideas of how to mount. I have a concern that high power as many pushers are could strain a servo .. or two.

In simple terms I've looked at single servo pitch vectoring. A ply mount plate with metal rod mounted across horizontal centre line pivoted at ends. A servo attached via rod to top or bottom of ply mount. Main thrust is taken by the rod axle ..

Any other ideas ?

One of the best uses I can think of .. some of us push the limits of models such as high power pushers .. and often we have trouble with thrust angles of the power unit. This could solve that by having a variable thrust angle that can be set via AUX channel to aid launch ... then reset to aid fast flight. We can play with it ON the flight line instead of on the bench adjusting shims etc.

mmmmm this is something I need to get into more ....

C'mon guys and gals ... thoughts ... please ...

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets