Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2014, 03:40 AM   #1
carpetbagger

Friends: (1)
Default stick mount

Okay, so now I have two motors that came with optional stick mounts, although the stick mount thingie was missing in one motor package. They are 1700 kv about 100 watt motors. Stick mount has fins - cooling? Unless the contact area on the motor/stick mount was coated with some sort of heat conductive grease I doubt the fins do all that much, but they're pretty.

My question: I'm all about easy and it seems that sliding the motor on a stick and driving the single screw is easy - motor mounted. But, is that secure enough? I mean one screw - back in the day that would be called a "Jesus screw" because when it lets go the pilot would go JESUS! Any one have problems with this simple mount system?

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions