Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #1
Wrongway-Feldman

Friends: (5)
Default don't be in too big a hurry

Seeing as it was the first day in a very long time with only light winds I decided to maiden the FT Viggen this morning.
For bench test I had a orange 4 channel receiver in it. I thought it should be fine for the maiden as I won't be pushing it and keeping it close.
It flew so well I forgot I had the small receiver.
A couple of minutes into the flight I opened her up and boy does she move. Before this I had kept her low and slow. This is the best flying edf I've ever had. Cut the power and she glides forever. Can nearly get her to hover.
Back to the story at hand. On a high speed pass she got a little further than I meant it to and lost contact with the receiver. ESC failsafe cut the motor and she nosed in from around 150 feet.
As I start walking towards the place of impact I touched the throttle and motor spins up. Couldn't have walked more than 15 feet. Walk back to where I was originally and loose contact again.
When I got to her the only damage was to the break away nose cone. Did its job perfectly.
Moral of the story. Take the time to use the proper equipment, especially when you try to use a shorter range receiver on something that goes very very quick.

----------------------------------------------------------
Dumas Ecroupe, MM EVA, E-flite L4 Grasshopper, Sig Kougar, Sig Kobra, Top Fight Contender, top flite mini contender, Carl Goldberg Skylark mark II, M&H Sportster 40.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions