Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Aerial Photography
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Aerial Photography Discuss all aerial photography topics as they relate to rc aircraft

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #1
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Friends: (4)
Default 808#20

So I tossed in a class 10 card into the #20. The camera blinks with a blue led, and goes to the video mode led after about 10 seconds. I managed to get a 4 minute video, but again the video just stopped. Is this a problem with the battery? I only had a few 2 minute videos the last time it was used, and it shouldn't drain the battery in off mode really.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,181 Times in 2,088 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (314)

Originally Posted by thepiper92 View Post
So I tossed in a class 10 card into the #20. The camera blinks with a blue led, and goes to the video mode led after about 10 seconds. I managed to get a 4 minute video, but again the video just stopped. Is this a problem with the battery? I only had a few 2 minute videos the last time it was used, and it shouldn't drain the battery in off mode really.
Hi Here is some info on your camera, you might need to reset the battery by disconnecting it and reconnecting it, some people use the power from the bec at the receiver to power the camera with, check what voltage your camera uses, Hope that helps, Chellie

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/C20/

121211 - #20 Battery Module Improvements The producer of the 808 #20 (BestDVR) is committed to continuously improving the camera. They are making some design improvements that will increase the reliability of the battery module protection circuit.

If the camera does not respond to button presses, even though the battery has been charged and the camera has been reset, then the battery might need to be reset. Do the following on a non-metallic surface. Open the plastic case (two screws) and disconnect and re-connect the two cables - 1) the battery connector and 2) the USB cable. This will reset the battery and the camera will start working again.

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 05-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Hmm, doesn't seem to be any info on the issue I am having.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:14 PM   #4
thosmosis

Friends: (0)

SD card is almost full? Does a lower class card do the same thing?
Old 05-23-2014, 06:04 PM   #5
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Well the lower class card, or guessing lower class, as it doesn't say the class, recorded a two minute video. It doesn't blink blue in the beginning. It's not a full card, the class ten is 32gb
Old 05-24-2014, 07:28 AM   #6
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

I generally will not put higher than an 8Gb card in ... even though some specs say 16 .. 32Gb ... you can have problems with writing to the card.

Keeping down in size and to highest speed class is recc'd.

If you use a slow card ... you often experience jerky video ... or even a recording that says it's there but fails to play.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 05-24-2014, 07:35 AM   #7
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post

If you use a slow card ... you often experience jerky video ... or even a recording that says it's there but fails to play.

Nigel
Yeah, I've run across that same issue also.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 05-24-2014, 07:58 AM   #8
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Hmm, odd, the generic card I have is 2gb. Video is not jerky on it, but most videos cut out after a 30 seconds. Perhaps I'll have to pop it open, reset battery. I can't find anything on the #20 and using a cable to the receiver. I found it on the 16, but not sure it the cable/voltage would be the same. Also, the cable is 4 bucks...and 20 bucks shipping. The connector looks similar to the lipo from the polecat I have. Maybe I could make one, but seeing the batteries available, they state 3.7 V, wouldn't receiver voltage be too high. It seems there are also external batteries available, with 1200mah, and Input Voltage of 5V, but maybe that is input into the external battery, not input into the camera from the battery.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #9
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

808 Keycams are 1S 3.7v ....

They charge from 5v USB supplies ... you can use mains adaptor ... USB port on PC ... whatever you like.

First charge should be extended time and do NOT stop when LED says full ... the first charge needs to be for over 1 hour ... then charges after that can be as per LED ...

That's the advice I was given and has appeared to be true ...

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 05-24-2014, 02:48 PM   #10
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

So simply leave it plugged in? Would direct power from receiver cause damage? I would think all of these 808's are 3.7v batteries.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:25 AM   #11
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by thepiper92 View Post
So simply leave it plugged in? Would direct power from receiver cause damage? I would think all of these 808's are 3.7v batteries.
Basically I left mine plugged in when first charging for a number of hours ... probably about 4 - 5hrs ...
Once I'd done that a cpuple of times - I now charge based on the LED light ... and I easy get about 1 hrs recording .. but of course it splits that into segments based on MB used ... if a lot of colours, changes in then video - the MB's used increases and length of segments reduces ... but they all join together fine with a video editor.

If the Rx is powered by 4.8v / 5v source - then I cannot see any reason why you couldn't power the 808 from that ... the charger source for the 808 is 5v USB. Only question I would have is the amps .....

Nigel

Old 05-25-2014, 07:04 AM   #12
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

deleted

Old 05-25-2014, 07:41 AM   #13
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Well there are cables for the #16 camera, in which you just remove the battery, or at least unplug it and connect the wire, the other end to the receiver. This would hurt time stamp but that's not a big deal. The issue is I don't know if the #20 connector is the same as the 16. I know the USB cable from the 16 is not compatible, but I would think all the batteries are the same connector. It make be possible to use a cable I have from the polecat, possibly minimal mod of the connector, and putting in a connector from a junk servo. I'll try charging the battery longer tho first, hopefully it will work.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Aerial Photography