Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2014, 10:31 PM   #1
propnut48

Club: Never joined one as of yet
Send a message via Skype™ to propnut48
Friends: (2)
Default Too many different radios out there!!!

I was wondering if anyone else is kind of frustrated with all the different brands and protocols as far as the 2.4Ghz radios go. We used to have only to deal with upper shift and lower shift and 11-60 channels. Now we have 2.4Ghz and no two radios are the same and Rx's aren't interchangeable between any 2. We have FASST ,FHSS, Spectrum and Tactic and all the others to boot. That's why I kinda stuck to Airtronics as the RD's will fly anybodys RX as well as PCM. The only major player is the Orange RX from HobbyKing that will use Spectrum. I personally like Airtronics and Tactic as they are very easy to program and Tactic is fairly inexpensive. Have not tried the Orange RX as I don't like Spectrum protocol much. Airtronics is kinda expensive for their RX's so i limit whant i get for my RDS8000. I have stuck with the FM units I have as no one has them so I don't get hit and I have never had a issue with them ,(knock on wood!). Any ideas and comments?!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions

Tags
2.4ghz radio