Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
Wrongway-Feldman

Friends: (5)
Default A little test with hobbyking

Some years ago I purchased a number of arfs, plug n fly, and kit planes from hobbyking. Like almost everyone else I was thoroughly disappointed by the quality and exceptionally disappointed by the way items were shipped.
I haven't bought planes from HK since but do still get my batteries and electronics from them.
Recently though some friends have been telling me that things have greatly improved and that both quality and packing are much better.
So, seeing as I was looking for some lazy day flyers and had some extra cash, I decided to purchase three of their cheapest offerings to see just what is what with HK these days.
This will be a thread spread out over some time as i have so little time to devote to my beloved hobby, but in it over the next several weeks I will detail everything I can about the experience.

The three planes are:
The skymaster V2
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24896

The HK slow stick
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=39819

And the HK micro J3 cub rtf.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18872

All items shipped to Canada from the international warehouse via fedex. ( I normally use EMS but a package with lipos will only be shipped by FedEx these days.)
Package arrives today. We'll see how things go and if things have really improved since 5 years ago.

----------------------------------------------------------
Dumas Ecroupe, MM EVA, E-flite L4 Grasshopper, Sig Kougar, Sig Kobra, Top Fight Contender, top flite mini contender, Carl Goldberg Skylark mark II, M&H Sportster 40.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions