Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #1
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)
Default Depronker (Gere Sport design) Biplane

First saw photos when JDJim posted his build ... and then another with ailerons .. now here was a simple and effective bird that cried out for me to see what I could achieve.

Don't get me wrong - my admiration goes out to Gere Sport for the design and JDJim for building ...

I mentioned in the Scratchbuild that I was interested to see what could be done with this basic design - use it as a starting block. Keep the simplicity of it but add some cosmetics or subtle changes to give illusion of another.

Well - I have always liked the German scalloped wings and tails of WW1 fighters .. Fokker must have had an artistic bent in mind when he did that. Actually I heard it was an early attempt to get the airflow to separate cleanly from the T/E ... I doubt the story .. but who knows.

So I've emailed Gere Sport and let him know I'm taking a few liberties with his design and hope he doesn't mind.

I have made a few modifications .. scalloped T/E to wings, angled wing tips, tail feathers, made pilot cut-out in top wing, drawn a simple gun to mount ... I also plan to add a top curved decking with an engine block up front .. Coke bottle radial cowling ...

To give it the style of a WW1 Fokker ...

Now who's going to do the Sopwith version ?

I reckon with a little thought ... a little strengthening of the wings ... this could develop into a nice little Dog-Fight model ...

C'mon - who's game for a laugh ??

Attached is my first thoughts on the Fokker style "DZEPRONKER" ...

Nigel

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dzepronker full A0.pdf (1.73 MB, 55 views)

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft