Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)
Default How to repair a broken All moving tail pivot

My Lanxian F16 has a plastic pivot system for the All Moving Tail.

Fuselage sides have plastic plates - one each side - with a 5mm rod horizontally for about 30mm .. with a groove near the end. This slides into a mating plastic tube in the stab, which has a screw that winds in to slot into the groove ... stops the stab from coming of but allows the stab to rotate round that rod. The tube has the control horn as part of the moulding.

The rod snapped of in a landing and I have since cut the stabs into fixed and hinged parts. She flies but an F16 looks strange with elevators and fixed stab.

The plastic parts are shot and nothing can be done with them.

How to fix and re-instate AMT ?

I thought about a tube across the fuselage and fixing rods into the stabs ... but it's an EDF and that tube would cross the centre of the exhaust tube.

How can I do it ? Would there be a way to fix a tube each side into fuselage .. fix a bolt into each stab ... the bolt being a size to fit the tube ... then a nut used on the inside of fuselage to pull up the stab till it's near tight but free enough to rotate ? Maybe the nut in the stab with head of bolt in fuselage ? Could use a GFN (Glass filled Nylon) bolt to give strong fixing but able to sheer in event of strike ?

Anyone else had to fix similar ? (see attached...)

Nigel

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lanxian F16 tail mount.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	176151  

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft