Can anyone help me with setting up my DX-8 for flaperons?? I have A 6 ch rx and plugged one servo into the AIL slot and the other into the AUX-1 slot. I went into wing type on the DX-8 and weather I use Duel Ail or Flaperon, I only get response from the servo plugged into the AIL slot. HELP!!!
Okay, I checked the monitor and it shows the RAL and LAL moving. It does not show an AUX1 port. The last 3 are: LAL, AUX2 and AUX3.
It renamed the AUX1 port in the TRANSMITTER, but didn't change the label on the RX... its still AUX1
JR/Spektrum port order is: Throttle, Aileron, Elevator, Rudder, Gear, AUX1/2/3/4/5...
Pretty standard to NOT use the 5th (Gear) channel for the flap or second aileron channel. Futaba uses 6th port also.
So skip a port between rudder and your second aileron/flap/flaperon channel.
There ARE other settings that could leave the second aileron so it doesn't move. Generally if you start out with a CLEARED model memory you won't run into these potential issues. I always clear the memory (even if its never had a model assigned to it) before I start plugging in servos when setting up a model.
Lol! You searched for my pet peeve, didn't you? No. The process of binding only makes the tx and rx talk to each other on that model memory. They are either bound or not. The only thing it will do on certain Spektrum rx's, is set the rx's failsafe servo positions. The 2nd ail position is set within the tx.
I just checked some dual ail models in my Dx8, and it looks like on the monitor screen the 2nd ail is in the spot where "AX1" used to be, not the gear position as I previously thought. Did you find out which position on the rx it is? Which rx are you using, btw?
Do you think if I re-bind the RX it will see the AUX channel as the 2nd AIL ??
Clearing model memory and starting over might help... That might require a rebind. (didn't require rebind with X9303 DSM2... haven't checked with my DX-18 DSMX mode)
Check that the aileron that is not responding will work if you swap which aileron is plugged into which channel.
If the same aileron still moves and the same one doesn't move then you have a servo issue. Either the servo is bad or the plug on the wire is bad.
If it swaps which aileron works and which doesn't then you have an issue with your RX or your programming. (more likely the programming)
My standard practice when setting up a plane with separate servos for each aileron is to make both ailerons work correctly on a Y harness THEN split to different channels. That involved 3 Y harnesses when doing an ultimate Bipe, one servo for each of 4 aileron surfaces. (Then I split it out to 4 channels... one at a time.)