Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Foamies
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
mytymedave

Friends: (0)
Default StyroSpray 1000

I read some posts from 2010 on StyroSpray 1000... I have used the product on 1 plane FRC Foamies Alpha Jet... The nose has a very hard surface with the product... I also covered the leading edges.. Being the first time using it I probably used a little too much... The knock on the product was that it may add too much weight... I had a discussion with Industrial Polymers (manufacturer) about how to reduce the weight factor... They suggested that I might use 3M Microballoons or Microspheres and it could reduce the weight by as much as 30%... The research I have done on the 3M product says it is a weight reducing filler for resins... I have ordered the 3M product and will report after I use it....

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Foamies