Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > Maxamps discussion
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Maxamps discussion Welcome to the Maxamps.com support forum

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #1
E-Challenged

Friends: (1)
Default Cost of Maxamps Lipoly Packs

Does Maxamps plan to offer "sport" lipo packs at much lower cost in the future?
I am in search of 4S 4500mah 30C packs that come with cells matched at 3.85 volts, have, and keep low cell resistance and will balance charge and give me at least 100 cycles before problems start. I would like to pay around $50-$60 dollars per pack and have decent return policies if received with unmatched/unbalanced cell voltages that don't balance with normal balance charging.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:57 PM   #2
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

Nitroplanes Sky LiPo

Far lower cost. Compare the performance of same rated packs and the Sky LiPo will not be quite as good as the Max Amps... but you'll save a lot of money.

And yo can't really trust the ratings of a company (Max Amps) that markets a 150C "rated" pack which uses wire that couldn't handle 40C.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:09 AM   #3
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by fhhuber View Post
Nitroplanes Sky LiPo

Far lower cost. Compare the performance of same rated packs and the Sky LiPo will not be quite as good as the Max Amps... but you'll save a lot of money.

And yo can't really trust the ratings of a company (Max Amps) that markets a 150C "rated" pack which uses wire that couldn't handle 40C.
Yeah

Elsewhere in wattflyer, maxamps Bragg's about the 150C rating. That is 1200 Amps. The supplied #12 wire MELTS at 300 Amps.

I have a lot of experience with high currents of 1000 Amps to levels of 10,000 amps at work. I've also hit #12 wire with 1000 Amps. Instant smoke.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 09-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #4
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (8)

Normal Turnigy packs from Hobbyking would meet those requirements at a very low cost. I guess the returns policy might be the only thing lacking with Hobbyking but at the price thats can be forgiven IMHO.

Bear in mind that the Max-Amps, Hobbykings, Sky-Lipos of this world, and any other brand name you care to mentions, dont actually make the LiPo cells in the batteries they sell. They all buy the actual LiPo cells from a very limited number of 'real' manufacturers so take any claim that certain brand name batteries are better than any others with a pinch of salt.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > Maxamps discussion