Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-16-2013, 12:58 AM   #26
MyronW

Club: Fallbrook RC Flyers
Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by Chucksolo69 View Post
Myron, I fly in Oceanside at the Oceanside Senior Center off Oceanside Blvd and Rancho Del Oro Rd. You are welcome to come down and get help and advice from our more sesoned RC pilots.
Chuck,
When do you fly? I work on Loker Ave in Carlsbad, but I live in Valley Center. I've been flying Wednesday evenings in Carlsbad with the North County Flying Circus, which has been very convenient, but I would like to visit your site, too.

Myron

Rotary wing: mCPX V.2; Nano CPX; MQX; Ares Ethos QX 75 Quad
Fixed wing: HZ Glasair Sportsman; Slow Stick; Assassin;PZ T-28; Crack Turbo Beaver; Hangar 9 P-40B Warhawk 50 (under construction)
Radio: Taranis
Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #27
Chucksolo69

Friends: (1)

Unfortunately, I work on weekdays and we can't fly at the Senior Center on the weekends since there is no staff on duty then. The SC is open until around 5 PM weekdays when the gates close. We fly at an undeveloped industrial park in back of the Oceanside Main Post Office on Saturday and Sunday. It isn't as good as the SC but it is good enough and the mostly untravelled road makes for a great runway. Do you mean flying Wednesday nites at "Lot 19" on Whiptail Loop. Yes, a few of us have flown there on weekends before but stopped because some of us fly powered gliders and cannot get up to high altitude because of the proximity to the flight path into Palomar-McClellan airport. We are all AMA and adhere strictly to their rules. You are welcome to fly with us at the SC on weekday mornings from 8am to 1pm usually or at our field behind the O'side PO on weekends; same hours. I am rarely at the SC on weekdays because of work, but they guys that fly there M-F are a great bunch and will welcome anyone who wants to fly there.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners