Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > UAV / FPV
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

UAV / FPV Forum to talk about UAV / FPV electric R/C flight.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #26
copterrichie

Friends: (0)

Personally I see this as exposing corruption! A few years back, a RC pilot recorded some video of a meat packing planet I believe located in Texas illegally dumping blood into the local water system. It made some of the smaller news networks but it sent shock-waves throughout. So the government and corporations can have drones but the general public can not. Hmmm.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #27
copterrichie

Here is a link referring the meat packing: http://www.suasnews.com/2012/01/1138...eal-pollution/
Old 02-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #28
LowThudd

Originally Posted by copterrichie View Post
Here is a link referring the meat packing: http://www.suasnews.com/2012/01/1138...eal-pollution/
Thanks for that. Very thought provoking.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #29
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (17)

hey gang,this might be one of those topics thats seems like folks crying the sky is falling....but after watching several shows on drones used for military, surveillance by law, or civilian comercial and hobby FPV,we realize the risk of these laws and the FAA screwing with our hobby are very real. truth is the FAA is really not keeping pace with the advances of technology available for a very small cost.

sadly,the idiots from Sweden calling themselves "black sheep" posted you tube videos over newyork,california,ect...ect...and went home to document their exploits saying our security around landmarks are a circus! they were total a-- holes for flying around the statue of liberty in total disregard of sept 11Th fears and mocking security after returning to their homeland.

as i watched the shows on drones i realized the technology for small weapon grade drones has come a long way. one such weapon was a plane called the "switchblade". it rockets out of a small tube and it's wings and prop spring open as it flys off...it then videos what or who its flying over.... it a nice small FPV plane with a deadly design. it has enough explosive to kill who it stalking by hitting it's target . it's because of such simple designed weapons that the FAA will start very soon to regulate all drones flying over populated areas.sadly i believe regulations on hobbyists flying FPV will soon happen. California has regulations already in certain suburbs due to high aviation traffic or celebrity's/personal privacy. a certain Realtor breaks the rules to video property being sold by flying over the property to be sold at low altitude...no ones stopping him as yet as he's very respectful of neighbors and the altitude rules .

bottom line....i think the sign of the times will be that government will severely regulate our FPO flying and since i haven't started flying FPV and it may prove cost effective to wait a bit and see how all this plays out. at least i don't see this effecting flying over private property where we already have permission. like our club fields. i also plan on videoing my flights from the air, i hope to make my "bird of time " set to carry a gopro to high heights over the club field. so if thats breaking the up coming laws.... go ahead...bust me!!!

lastly,i don't think our posting discussions on forums as being the cause of any future regulations.......these topics won't be what motivate regulations by the FAA. we can fly...but we can't hide. we are what we are,a fun bunch of hobby flying RC machines of all kinds/ may our freedom continue for both ours and future generations.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > UAV / FPV