Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > General RC items For Sale and WTB
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General RC items For Sale and WTB List tools, RC simulators and any other RC related item that is generally classified

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-23-2014, 11:26 PM   #1
gzsfrk
Community Moderator

View gzsfrk's Gallery20
Awards Showcase

1kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (14)
Default Exiting-the-Hobby Clearance Sale

Well, it's been a long time since I posted here on WF. After my second child came along in 2009, my flight time went down to near nil, whilst additional expenses cut deeply into my hobby dollars. The only times I've flown in recent years have been to take some pictures using my trusty old Slow Stick aero-photography build.

So that being the case, the wife has pressured me to finally move out the rest of the planes and parts that have long sat sadly unused.

This isn't going to be complicated: just looking for someone in the middle-Tennessee area (I live in Murfreesboro) to come and clear out everything I have for $150. That includes all the planes below and all my spare parts (brushless motors, ESCs, receivers, servos, props, tools, and anything else having to do with putting our wonderful electric birds up in the air). I only have pics of the planes, and I'm not going to go to the trouble of indexing all the parts. Just rest assured that, at $150, you'll be getting a steal, if only for the electrics in the planes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	101_5153.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	176740

Ah, the good ol' Wild Hawk. My second plane and favorite flyer. Many was the hour I spent staring up at this peaceful little pigeon as it rose and dove, riding thermals so high until I couldn't effectively drive it any more, before just trying to figure out how to get it to come back down again. Modded with a tail wheel and a wireless camera in the nose, although the limited range on the camera transmitter made it only good flyover shots. Fun and easy to fly, and tough as nails. A little beat up, but still flies great even with the stock brushed motor. Drop in a 2S 20C 1000mah and enjoy long, gentle flights. Or bump it up to a 3S 25C 1200mah and it really lives up to its name, letting you scream across the sky with powerful climbs and ear-splitting full-throttle dives. Comes with the stock 27Mhz Rx/Tx, although for most of its life I had it running a Futaba 72mhz receiver off of my Hitec Optic 6. Battery hook-up is Deans Ultra-T.

Name:	101_5154.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	176741

A stock Sky Fly. Never really got attached to this one. I didn't like the power setup or the janky pully-style rudder/elevator controls. But it flew well enough; good plane to keep in your hangar to let your friend fly and not worry particularly hard about them smashing. Comes with the Tx, charger, and battery, although I'm certain the NiMH pack is well beyond its useful life.

Name:	101_5155.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	176742

I'll just tell you: I beat the crap out of this Predator. Smacked it into a tree, broke it into three pieces on a landing where the front gear got hung up; this bird had a hard life. Nonetheless, it was and remains a looker in the sky, and was always a fan favorite when I flew at the local soccer park. I modded it to make channel 4 run a servo dedicated to steering the front wheel (stock, it shared a servo with the left aileron). I wouldn't blame you for wanting to tool around with this one a bit, as it's fun to fly (if not so much to land). But the real potential here is the power setup. Unbelievably powerful inrunner+gearbox combo that puts out amazing thrust for such low power draw.

Name:	101_5156.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	176743

Classic Pitts S2A. This sucker has been through a rough patch. It was actually my brother's plane until he abandoned it at my house following a particularly nasty crash that ruined the stock BL motor. (As well as the front half of the plane.) I patiently Frankensteined it back together, dropping in a new Tower Pro 2409-18 to drive the replacement tri-prop. It flew afterwards, but not as nice as before. Still, a fun little bird to putter around with, doing a few loop-de-loops along the way.

Name:	101_5157.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	176744

The Screamin' Delta Demon! This was an electric-conversion from a gas model (The Aggressor), and is actually a member of the 100+ MPH club here on WF, having dopplered at 107MPH. And that was running a 5x4 prop. I upped it to a 4.75x4.75, although I never got a chance to fly it with that prop. Runs just find off a 1000mah 2s. But to turn it into a bullet, drop in a 3S 25C 1500mah lipo and then get ready to move out of the way. This thing, like its nickname suggest, literally screams across the sky. Best for flying in a HUGE open area with no people or other insurance liabilities nearby.

Name:	101_5158.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	176745

Grabbed this model at a local hobby shop for $10 and Frankensteined the rest from spare parts. Flew surprisingly good, which just goes to show the old adage: You can make anything fly when you give it enough power. Running a brushless setup with 3 servos in elevon+rudder configuration. Looks like crap, flies.... like a soaked duck missing half its feathers. But still fun to sputter around with and buzz the cat.

And like I said, I also have a large pile of parts, including servos, BL motors/ESCs, power connects (mostly Deans, but also some JST, Tamiya, and others), servo tester, Watts Up meter (if I can find it), props of all sizes, receivers, 27 and 72mhz crystals.... just a mess of awesomeness.

Message me if you want to come pick it up or just take a look. First one to commit to buy gets it.

- Matt
"The exhilaration of flying is too keen, the pleasure too great, for it to be neglected as a sport."
- Orville Wright
Old 07-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
stsguy

Friends: (0)

Wold you consider mailing it or finding out a ball park ...... I'm a player for all
Old 07-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
tarheal63

Send a message via AIM to tarheal63 Send a message via Yahoo to tarheal63
Friends: (3)

I would be interested in seeing what you have, I truly beleive that it is worth the price being asked. I am very happy with the purchase I made from you several years ago. I would not be able to get to you until Sunday though, and if you have other buyers that could get there sooner, i would not hold you up. Let me know with a pm. I live in Berkshire, so it would be a short trip.

HZ SuperCub. PZ Spit(Older), Dynam EZ Hawk, GWS A-10(prop), HL F9F Panther, GWS ME-109, E-Flite P-47D, Jodel BeBe 9, HL Wicked Wabbit P-47, BL Slow Stick, PZ T-28, Electrifly SE-5A, HL Mig-15, PZ Stinson, Quad and Tricopters
AMA #973528
Old 07-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #4
gzsfrk
Community Moderator

View gzsfrk's Gallery20
Awards Showcase

1kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (14)

Still available. Would also consider trades for old working 8-tracks of 60s and 70s rock, HO-scale slot car race tracks and cars, or old boxed computer games (C64, Apple II, Atari, PC DOS, or anything else on original floppy disks).

- Matt
"The exhilaration of flying is too keen, the pleasure too great, for it to be neglected as a sport."
- Orville Wright
Old 07-26-2014, 03:21 AM   #5
stsguy

Friends: (0)

Would u consider pricing on shipping. So I would know total

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > General RC items For Sale and WTB