Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Delta & Flying Wings
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Delta & Flying Wings Discuss electric powered delta (flying wing) style aircraft here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 11-21-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
wedoitall

Club: hillbilly crash helmets
Friends: (1)
Default just bought a stryker

well i lied, said i wasnt gonna buy anything that wasnt 3d. ran across a good deal on a barely used stryker. soooo.......... are there any good mods to do for strength and durability? what about radio mixing? and anything else i may need to know. (ive checked out alot of vids on launching)
Old 11-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

It is fantastically strong so no mods needed. I don't use any special mixing either other than Delta wing that is.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:24 AM   #3
wedoitall

Club: hillbilly crash helmets

does anybody set the stryker up with airbrakes?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #4
scottc

Club: MVRC
Friends: (0)

ive heard of folks using the air brakes but they said it did not do much, set up with dual rates as well , makes a big difference on how twichy the stryker can be
Old 02-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #5
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Just bring an extra pair of shorts with you to the field !

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 02-18-2013, 12:48 AM   #6
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,077 Times in 1,987 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (304)

The stryker is a great delta wing, you can build it with low power just to have fun with or you can build it with a strong high kv motor and tear up the sky, the stryker has good amount of drag to it, so you dont need air Brakes, I have had a few strykers and they are a lot of fun, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 02-18-2013, 02:13 AM   #7
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (18)

Originally Posted by wedoitall View Post
well i lied, said i wasnt gonna buy anything that wasnt 3d. ran across a good deal on a barely used stryker. soooo.......... are there any good mods to do for strength and durability? what about radio mixing? and anything else i may need to know. (ive checked out alot of vids on launching)
There are a lot of those Strykers at our field, and the pilots fly them when its way to windy to fly their $$$$ giant scale models.

If you can watch someone fly one of these before flying yours, might be a good idea to do it. These little planes fly very well at partial throttle, but can hit 100 MPH wide open. At 100 MPH, they get real small, real fast. When time to land, they can slow down so they only skid a few feet on the grass.

Be sure to use Expo on your setup, otherwise full aileron throw will rotate your model so fast it's not possible to stop it right side up.

I watched one guy spin his right into the ground, walked over, picked it up, and threw it for another two minute flight. These things finally die when the epoxy repairs weigh more than the original model.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #8
DragonWeezel

Default ahh the model that won't die... it just get's reborn...

before you know it, you'll be trying to do things w/ the Stryker that it just wasn't designed for...

They should be called the phoenix... a Stryker never dies, it just get's reborn

(or sometimes lost when flying at a Jeti in 70mph winds on the "Light" setup at the mouth of the Columbia river, not that I know anyone who's done that....)

I 2nd expo and or dual rates. The F27-Q Stryker can land like a pancake if you have max rates on the elevator and just slowly pull back on the elevator, keeping the ship flat ish in the air, once you bleed of speed, it just floats down like a leaf.

Seriously, it will land at like 5mph, and not hurt a thing, feel free to practice that technique a over your strip a few times to get it down. lots of Youtube videos.

Strap in a 4s, and the thing is unbelievably fast w/ no other modifications.

I love mine, and have been neglecting it (and unfortunately Wattflyer) due to work. The sun is coming out again though, and work is settling down, time to put the bird back in my car for the next 6 months...

Warning, learn how to do discuss or off throttle launches if you like your fingers.

I do a partial throttle launch, but it freaks out the safety officer at our club. I use an arc w/ lots of follow through...
Old 03-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #9
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Which Stryker? (there are several versions)

If its the Q or Q micro... take it high. Roll inverted. Inverted flat spin dead-stick. Reverse the ailerons. Watch it WIND UP in a FLAT spin.
Recovery is to just let go of the sticks and it will point the nose straight down. Add power and pull out.

one of the cool tricks for the planes.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Delta & Flying Wings