Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (8)
Default Eagle A3 Pro upgrade-able aircraft flight stablizer

I have the Eagle A3 Pro upgrade-able Flight stabilizers. Less than $40 shipped on Ebay.

So far I have only been able to get in one flight, and it was cut short when I burned my motor. (NO fault of the A3, I goofed and on too big a prop and didn't check it with my wattmeter)

I have it on a 3 position switch, which gives me, in this order;
1. Normal rate gyro ---- less than 1.4 mili sec.
2. Off ---- between 1.4 & 1.6 ms
3. 3D or AVCS mode ---- more than 1.6 ms

although it was a very short flight, the A3 performed as I was hoping it would.
When off, well it's off, no effect.
In normal mode, it makes the plane feel very stable and smooth, even though it was a foamie in wind, just like AS3X planes I have seen.
In AVCS mode for 3D work, it will try to keep the plane pointed in the same direction, as it was when you hit the switch. I was trying to hover when it started to have a smoke trail, but I could feel it was helping me hold it vertical. motor will be replaced soon.

I am not trying to say this is the best , as I am sure it is not. But it is another choice. So far I am happy with it. I will continue to do my research in these things.

Dave R, Proud PGR rider.
http://www.pugetsoundsilentflyers.org/
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:32 PM   #2
Panther

View Panther's Gallery7
Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by Wildflyer View Post
I have the Eagle A3 Pro upgrade-able Flight stabilizers. Less than $40 shipped on Ebay.

So far I have only been able to get in one flight, and it was cut short when I burned my motor. (NO fault of the A3, I goofed and on too big a prop and didn't check it with my wattmeter)

I have it on a 3 position switch, which gives me, in this order;
1. Normal rate gyro ---- less than 1.4 mili sec.
2. Off ---- between 1.4 & 1.6 ms
3. 3D or AVCS mode ---- more than 1.6 ms

although it was a very short flight, the A3 performed as I was hoping it would.
When off, well it's off, no effect.
In normal mode, it makes the plane feel very stable and smooth, even though it was a foamie in wind, just like AS3X planes I have seen.
In AVCS mode for 3D work, it will try to keep the plane pointed in the same direction, as it was when you hit the switch. I was trying to hover when it started to have a smoke trail, but I could feel it was helping me hold it vertical. motor will be replaced soon.

I am not trying to say this is the best , as I am sure it is not. But it is another choice. So far I am happy with it. I will continue to do my research in these things.

Good to read an old posting now and then. Not too often the original poster is still around...
I have the model before the Pro which is much the same and it is still working perfectly after all this time. I still fly it regularly. It performs as well as the new A3 but just doesn't have remote gain adjust.
Have you still got this one?
Old 06-17-2017, 12:42 AM   #3
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (8)

They have advanced the A3 a few time s since I bought mine 5 years ago. I hear they are really good now..

I know many people don't like stabilizers but they can be good. Sort of like turning the wind down. My friend was flying my Extreme Flight Edge 540 T, the wheels were 2" from touch down and a gust of wind hit the plane from the far side. The wing tip close to us, came within 1" of the runway and suddenly the plane brought it's own wings back to level. He is a real good flyer and he admitted he didn't have time to even think about correction, the stabilizer saved the plane.

I think they are good when you maiden an aircraft, sometimes you don't know how it will handle. It's good to have a copilot.

I don't use them much but I don't hate them either.

Dave R, Proud PGR rider.
http://www.pugetsoundsilentflyers.org/
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:53 AM   #4
Panther

View Panther's Gallery7
Friends: (1)

Yeah, I have about 7 of the new A3s and quite a few others as well. I find them excellent in smaller foamies when it is windy.
There are a few duds out there they are still trying to sell and sadly a lot of people could be turned off Gyros if they buy the wrong one.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions