Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Seaplanes E-Powered
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Seaplanes E-Powered Discuss electric powered seaplanes here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 01:25 AM   #76
road king 97
old hat
 
road king 97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: joliet il
Posts: 2,647
Thanked 193 Times in 189 Posts
Club: joliet rc club rt 66
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award 
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (15)
Default

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
Joe that canard is small, but does look nice fun getting older isn't it.
Ha HA yea OLD, iam taking viagra so i wont pee on my feet at night. lmao joe
road king 97 is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:28 AM   #77
gramps2361
Community Moderator
 
gramps2361's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: oxford, MA
Posts: 6,619
View gramps2361's Gallery9
Thanked 598 Times in 593 Posts
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
iTrader: (3)
Friends: (21)
Default

LMAO

I am in the medical field I have patients that come in, and they tell me growing old isn't for the sissy's.

Sorry for the off topic guy's sometimes it's good.
gramps2361 is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:34 AM   #78
road king 97
old hat
 
road king 97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: joliet il
Posts: 2,647
Thanked 193 Times in 189 Posts
Club: joliet rc club rt 66
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award 
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (15)
Default

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
LMAO

I am in the medical field I have patients that come in, and they tell me growing old isn't for the sissy's.

Sorry for the off topic guy's sometimes it's good.
I Have had MS for 25 years now and i am still one of the lucky ones still walking around but it does take its toll on me. I know growing old is not for sissys and it does no use to complain .lol Back to seaplanes ! joe
road king 97 is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #79
dahawk
Super Contributor
 
dahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 3,357
View dahawk's Gallery6
Thanked 205 Times in 201 Posts
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (19)
Default

I want one of these:http://youtu.be/T81Dw8IHhgI

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
dahawk is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #80
road king 97
old hat
 
road king 97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: joliet il
Posts: 2,647
Thanked 193 Times in 189 Posts
Club: joliet rc club rt 66
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award 
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (15)
Default

I found this seaplane a week or so ago and it looks like a nice easy build. There is a laser company in IN cutting kits and its in the build thread . Tiled plans and video's are here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1839491
road king 97 is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #81
dahawk
Super Contributor
 
dahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 3,357
View dahawk's Gallery6
Thanked 205 Times in 201 Posts
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (19)
Default

Joe,

Yes, that one's on my list. Familiar with Vlessie's designs. Built his Convair Sea Dart. Bob (Birdofplay) from Indiana does a great job cutting out the depron parts on his cnc for those who you are lazy like me and don't like cutting out foam pieces from a template.

Been messing around with pattern ships lately. I'm like an experimenting teenager, always trying new things. Just finished a GWS Formosa II kit. Was almost like a scratchbuild except the 5 EPO foam pieces were provided. It cost me a little over $50.00 to build since I had a motor , servos, rods, horns, etc. I'm flying on the cheap these days.

The 3DHS guys are here this weekend for their sponsored event called a Fly-low in. Should be fun to observe. I'm far from ready for 3D. Heading to the field tomorrow.

Best,

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
dahawk is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #82
road king 97
old hat
 
road king 97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: joliet il
Posts: 2,647
Thanked 193 Times in 189 Posts
Club: joliet rc club rt 66
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award 
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (15)
Default

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
Joe,

Yes, that one's on my list. Familiar with Vlessie's designs. Built his Convair Sea Dart. Bob (Birdofplay) from Indiana does a great job cutting out the depron parts on his cnc for those who you are lazy like me and don't like cutting out foam pieces from a template.

Been messing around with pattern ships lately. I'm like an experimenting teenager, always trying new things. Just finished a GWS Formosa II kit. Was almost like a scratchbuild except the 5 EPO foam pieces were provided. It cost me a little over $50.00 to build since I had a motor , servos, rods, horns, etc. I'm flying on the cheap these days.

The 3DHS guys are here this weekend for their sponsored event called a Fly-low in. Should be fun to observe. I'm far from ready for 3D. Heading to the field tomorrow.

Best,

-Hawk
I have his BD-5 almost done and should fly it soon and i always build cheap. lol 3-d is not my thing but i like to watch guys at my field who are good at it fly .
road king 97 is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:38 AM   #83
pistnbroke
Member
 
pistnbroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 53
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Club: I do not belong to a club, I just fly at a park with other enthusiasts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (4)
Default

Hi All,

I maidened my Polaris on Sunday 2/06/2013. Steve Shumate design.

I hope you enjoy, I am still buzzed from the maiden!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFAyG-y_nUs
Regards
Ian
pistnbroke is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:27 AM   #84
lvflyer
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default

Originally Posted by warhead_71 View Post
If you can fly 4ch, I think the GWS Tiger Moth 400 is also a very easy-to-fly float plane. Adding GWS floats to it is a no-brainer... just add a rear gear-clip and plug in the floats.

Hello warhead_71 - I was wondering if you could send me via this instant message, or email, or post on the forum (whichever is easiest) some pictures and instructions on adding floats to your Tiger Moth. I believe I can just follow your lead on my 50" Wing Span vs your Wing Span. I want to prove to some people I can add floats like you did and fly this beautiful plane. I got the Dynam RTF 50" Tiger Moth during a 1 day sale at Nitroplanes.
Many thanks to you in advance - lvflyer
lvflyer is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:40 AM   #85
lvflyer
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default

Originally Posted by lvflyer View Post
Hello warhead_71 - I was wondering if you could send me via this instant message, or email, or post on the forum (whichever is easiest) some pictures and instructions on adding floats to your Tiger Moth. I believe I can just follow your lead on my 50" Wing Span vs your Wing Span. I want to prove to some people I can add floats like you did and fly this beautiful plane. I got the Dynam RTF 50" Tiger Moth during a 1 day sale at Nitroplanes.
Many thanks to you in advance - lvflyer
Hello warhead_71 - I just saw some more of your pictures including the under carriage. Where would I order another gear clip for the size of my fuselage?

Thank-you
lvflyer is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Reply

  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Seaplanes E-Powered

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redneck Seaplane max-nix Humor 5 08-25-2009 04:15 AM
First seaplane? Andrew Hendler Seaplanes E-Powered 18 07-28-2009 11:37 PM
Easystar Seaplane LAbelle44 Seaplanes E-Powered 14 09-17-2008 04:47 AM
Conversion for seaplane georgef747 Sport Planes (Formerly I/C & Gas Conversion) 9 04-23-2007 01:13 AM
New seaplane donjiskra Seaplanes E-Powered 1 10-25-2006 02:32 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 WattfFlyer.com
RCU Eflight HQ

Charities we support Select: Yorkie Rescue  ::  Crohn's & Colitis Foundation



Page generated in 0.18516 seconds with 41 queries