Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Warbird Electrics
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #101
max2112
Super Contributor
 
max2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ft. Sill, OK
Posts: 1,526
View max2112's Gallery80
Thanked 181 Times in 171 Posts
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
iTrader: (19)
Friends: (13)
Default

You'll get her sorted out, fishbones. Nice video, too!

I know what you mean rcers. Mine takes almost full up elevator and roughly 10% throttle to plant the tail wheel for decent taxiing.

I am fortunate enough to have a really large area of fine crushed gravel to use as a runway.

Even so, I have to really pay attention to approach speed and angle to get a good landing.

http://youtu.be/0GXNm4zLunA

Please call me John. I came up w/ Max2112 when I thought you were all internet predators after me Lucky Charms!!
max2112 is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:43 AM   #102
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger
 
Fishbonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 2,312
Thanked 116 Times in 115 Posts
Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (17)
Default

Originally Posted by max2112 View Post
You'll get her sorted out, fishbones. Nice video, too!

I know what you mean rcers. Mine takes almost full up elevator and roughly 10% throttle to plant the tail wheel for decent taxiing.

I am fortunate enough to have a really large area of fine crushed gravel to use as a runway.

Even so, I have to really pay attention to approach speed and angle to get a good landing.

http://youtu.be/0GXNm4zLunA
Max Those are some of the best touch n goes/landing I have seen with this model. I shall be studying this video over and over again.

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Fishbonez is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:09 AM   #103
max2112
Super Contributor
 
max2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ft. Sill, OK
Posts: 1,526
View max2112's Gallery80
Thanked 181 Times in 171 Posts
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
iTrader: (19)
Friends: (13)
Default

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
Max Those are some of the best touch n goes/landing I have seen with this model. I shall be studying this video over and over again.
Thanks brother. I make no claims about being good at it. But there are only four things that I routinely practice:
Cuban 8s.
knife edge flying (on the airframes that can do it).
hammerheads.

and most of all, scale take offs and landings. Easily 1/2 of my RC flying is practicing approaches and Touch-N-Goes.

Please call me John. I came up w/ Max2112 when I thought you were all internet predators after me Lucky Charms!!
max2112 is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:30 AM   #104
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger
 
Fishbonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 2,312
Thanked 116 Times in 115 Posts
Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (17)
Default holy !@#$

Got really excited to day found some hinges that will work on the flaps for my hurricane. After about ten minutes into the repair I could not seem to find one of the plastic flaps. After looking around I see my wonderful yellow lab staring at me with the flap in her mouth. Rushed over to get it when I saw she had eaten half of it. Yum Yum

I know they come as a part of the wing set but buy chance does anyone know where I can find some.

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Fishbonez is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:46 AM   #105
max2112
Super Contributor
 
max2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ft. Sill, OK
Posts: 1,526
View max2112's Gallery80
Thanked 181 Times in 171 Posts
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
iTrader: (19)
Friends: (13)
Default

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
Got really excited to day found some hinges that will work on the flaps for my hurricane. After about ten minutes into the repair I could not seem to find one of the plastic flaps. After looking around I see my wonderful yellow lab staring at me with the flap in her mouth. Rushed over to get it when I saw she had eaten half of it. Yum Yum

I know they come as a part of the wing set but buy chance does anyone know where I can find some.
Well, crud that Stinks!

After some cursory searches, even the full wing replacement (EFL297502) is getting hard to find.

Perhaps a creative lite-ply home-built replacement?

Please call me John. I came up w/ Max2112 when I thought you were all internet predators after me Lucky Charms!!
max2112 is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:28 PM   #106
Capt Easy
Super Contributor
 
Capt Easy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 1,522
View Capt Easy's Gallery28
Thanked 101 Times in 100 Posts
Club: AMA 915618
Awards Showcase

1kW 
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (11)
Default

Hey John -

Nice landings there bud....I picked up a used Hurricane from a guy near near earlier this year and have gone through two spinners and working on the third as a result of nosing over.
I'm very pleased with the flight performance but the landings present more of a challenge than anything I've flown yet. The Air Ministry is running out of spinners. There's days when I've greased every one, then the next day it's a frustrating disaster.

Looks like you've got a great location to fly.Attached photos are from the West side of the Fairgrounds at sundown early this summer.

Take care and have a Brat on me....

Cheers,

Dick


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flt.lo 014.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	178341   Click image for larger version

Name:	hurri.t82.sundown.02-13-2014 002.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	178342  

hard times flushes the chumps
Capt Easy is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:38 PM   #107
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger
 
Fishbonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 2,312
Thanked 116 Times in 115 Posts
Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (17)
Default

Originally Posted by max2112 View Post
Well, crud that Stinks!

After some cursory searches, even the full wing replacement (EFL297502) is getting hard to find.

Perhaps a creative lite-ply home-built replacement?
Well I did find a gent on RCGroups who mentioned he would mail me a pair but as of today I have heard nothing. I did cut out some flaps from balsa and if the RCG guys does not pan out I may mount them. The plane flies great with out them so its more of a "check this out feature" for me

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Fishbonez is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #108
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger
 
Fishbonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 2,312
Thanked 116 Times in 115 Posts
Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (17)
Default

Originally Posted by Capt Easy View Post
Hey John -

Nice landings there bud....I picked up a used Hurricane from a guy near near earlier this year and have gone through two spinners and working on the third as a result of nosing over.
I'm very pleased with the flight performance but the landings present more of a challenge than anything I've flown yet. The Air Ministry is running out of spinners. There's days when I've greased every one, then the next day it's a frustrating disaster.

Looks like you've got a great location to fly.Attached photos are from the West side of the Fairgrounds at sundown early this summer.

Take care and have a Brat on me....

Cheers,

Dick
Hey Dick,
Just FYI I use this spinner on my hurricane and works pretty good I did have to use some washers to get a tight fit but it does the job

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...1-2-black.html

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Fishbonez is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #109
Capt Easy
Super Contributor
 
Capt Easy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 1,522
View Capt Easy's Gallery28
Thanked 101 Times in 100 Posts
Club: AMA 915618
Awards Showcase

1kW 
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (11)
Default

Thanks buddy, sooner or later I know I''ll need one. As long as the pitch and power is on the numbers with this bird, everything's Jake but even when I think it'll be a sweetheart of a landing, over she goes, s-p-l-a-a-t.

Take care,

Dick

hard times flushes the chumps
Capt Easy is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Reply

  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Warbird Electrics

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suspended****WattFlyer is now Tapatalk enabled**** Suspended Mike Parsons Did You Know? 19 10-10-2011 03:46 PM
Flite Test Videos: Appreciation Thread FlyingMonkey Off Topic Chit Chat 66 04-04-2011 05:58 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 WattfFlyer.com
RCU Eflight HQ

Charities we support Select: Yorkie Rescue  ::  Crohn's & Colitis Foundation



Page generated in 0.36520 seconds with 41 queries