Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-27-2015, 06:11 AM   #201
Hyyperion

Club: NASA NOT
Friends: (0)
Default Couple of question...

Hey, just registered yesterday . I have a couple of question if you guys don't mind answering. I hope the answers are easy too.

What do I look for when matching a motor with the ESC with the battery?

How can I get more flying time?

What source is good for learning about Watts, Volts, and Amps, their relation to each other. Increasing one will do what. Too much of something will do what?

Thank you.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:52 PM   #202
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Club: Long Island Silent Flyers
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (9)

Originally Posted by Hyyperion View Post
Hey, just registered yesterday . I have a couple of question if you guys don't mind answering. I hope the answers are easy too.

What do I look for when matching a motor with the ESC with the battery?

How can I get more flying time?

What source is good for learning about Watts, Volts, and Amps, their relation to each other. Increasing one will do what. Too much of something will do what?

Thank you.
Happy to answer but this is not the place for this question. how to pick motors is not really related to how to teach people to fly and I would not want to side track this thread that far off topic.

The thread/book below would be a far better place to post this question AND it is one of the sources that answers your question about where to go to learn about such things. So I invite you to repost your question there.

EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT ELECTRIC POWERED FLIGHT
www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31368

Long Island Silent Flyers
www.lisf.org
Eastern Soaring League
www.flyesl.org
Old 01-28-2016, 04:14 AM   #203
GunnyJeeves

Awards Showcase

5kW 
Friends: (1)

I have a technique to share... It worked on my daughter, as well as a couple nephews and such...

It's a very very old school approach... Possible only with very aggressive new school airframes though.

Goes like this:

1. First plane - trainer? No. 3D profile foamy, ideally EPP. (Crack Yak, Griffwerks, etc)
2. Use actual 3D (aka insane) throws.
3. Practice this move. The elevator. (Pull both sticks straight down and hold em) yep that's it!

Now when you fly, go straight up, no control just throttle... Then try to fly around... If you get confused, "Elevator". The plane will flip perfectly level, and start floating down. Right side up? Knife edge? In a tumble? You do an elevator and it will float down perfectly level and graceful. You get your orientation back, go back up and fly more...

What's so dang good about that approach? You don't ever learn the bad habit of over controlling that comes from a trainer that corners like a pregnant elephant... And when you're done, you can fly about anything.

Let me know how that works if anyone tries it. It's mind blowing the first time. Works in the sims too on profile foamies.

History: It's an old balsa and rubber band powered trick. A pin held the tail flat until the band pressure was exhausted... Then the elevator would pop up virtually 90 degrees.. The balsa plane would float to the ground. You can actually land like that and never do damage.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:42 AM   #204
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (2)

Only if the plane is light enough...
Old 01-28-2016, 05:20 AM   #205
GunnyJeeves

Awards Showcase

5kW 
Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by fhhuber View Post
Only if the plane is light enough...
Correct! That method uses a profile foam 3D airframe.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions

Tags
fly , helping , learn , people