Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 11-23-2007, 06:14 AM   #51
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,254 Times in 2,155 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (326)

Originally Posted by Airhead View Post
Chellie,
did you get all your stuff yet? Is that picture in a previous post your new motor? Take care.....
Hi Bruce Thats what my motor looks like, and you can mount the prop on it two different ways, using a adapter on the can, and mounting the motor on the back side , or mounting the motor at the shaft with the x mount and a collet type prop adapter, its useful if you need to space the motor in or out, to fit the cowl, and yes, I got all of my stuff in Today was mostly having family over for a get together and Turkey dinner, that was nice, had my 3 grand kids here too we had a full house, But its nice and Quiet again they left, Sooooooo tomorrow i will be working on my planes, I want to get the Pusher jet going with the new Dons wicked motor, and start putting together my Funtana plane, Lots to do Take care, Chellie
Old 11-24-2007, 12:55 AM   #52
CRNAman

Friends: (0)

My planes from newest to oldest:

1. Eflite extra 260 3d profile (in process of assembly)
2. GWS Pico Tiger Moth (my favorite as of now)
3. SPAD E-demon
4. Hangar 9 P51D mustang 150 (electric conversion)
5. Electristar
Old 11-24-2007, 06:26 AM   #53
Phoenex

Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by Crash Test Dummy View Post
Nice looking F-15. How is the foam on it??? Are they still using that Ice Box type of foam?? I think my Little Screamers Super Park Jet motor on there would scream on 4S!!! Do you have a AWU weight on it? I'll bet it will be lighter without 2 fans and motors in there. What are the flight controls? Tailerons? Elevons? or Elevator/Ailerons?

Is ther a build thread on those GWS F-15's??

CTD
The foam quality I am told by GWS fans is a level above the foam used in the older kits such as the Spitfire, ME-109 etc. The foam is Ice Box type foam to me. They do have a EPO(think Elapor) foam available at Caliber Hobby. I do not have a scale, the factory listed AUP is 30-35+ ounces with EPS foam. They have increased the quailty of the hardware as well. Getting this plane to scream is going to take more than a LSSPJ on 4S, but I do think it would zip right along. The wings are oversized from scale and the airframe is draggy. I was just looking at that motor to solve my COG problem using 3S, I built it a little tail heavy with full length wing length spars near the most rearward wing connector and added two additional carbon fiber spars to the all moving stabilizers. The Mega 16-15-4 is 27 grams heavier than the pusher motor GWS lists for use. Today I ended up removing the nose and digging out all of the foam I could to get the battery as far forward as possible. The all moving stabilizers are akin to elevons with no control surfaces used in the wings themselves, this is the route I choose for simplicity and weight, I watched the videos, roll rate, loops and low speed control works fine with AMS. There are a few threads over at RcGroups. I am not sure if there are any here. Do a search for GWS-15.

Chellie-I think that is a super motor for high speed wings. I don't think the GWS-15 is going to really clip along without some major Watts pushing some high in-flight thrust and high pitch speed. The draggy airframe is what gets you once you start hitting higher speeds. I did install a 40amp ESC with a 3 amp switch mode BEC. This allows me the option to use a 4S1P with an APC 6x4(50+ ounces of thrust) to take the Jet up to 500 watts at WOT. The Mega is capable of this level with it's open vent hole design and being directly in the airstream.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:28 AM   #54
Balr14
WWI Jet Ace

I just got 2 more new ones. I ordered a Hobby People Rhythm bi-plane to have ready when my E-Flight Tensor is ready to be a parts donor. Then, when I went to the LHS today to pick up some connectors and other hardware, they had a nearly finished Ultimate bi-plane hanging from the ceiling, that somebody had returned. They were selling it cheap and it kept calling my name.... so now I have 5 bi-planes.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:35 AM   #55
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 

Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I just got 2 more new ones. I ordered a Hobby People Rhythm bi-plane to have ready when my E-Flight Tensor is ready to be a parts donor. Then, when I went to the LHS today to pick up some connectors and other hardware, they had a nearly finished Ultimate bi-plane hanging from the ceiling, that somebody had returned. They were selling it cheap and it kept calling my name.... so now I have 5 bi-planes.
Hi Balr14 That was nice of you to rescue that Ultimate Biplane from the ceiling, I am glad it went to a good Home Take care, Chellie
Old 11-24-2007, 03:19 PM   #56
Slowjohn
Passed on

Club: Just Some Friends
Awards Showcase

1kW  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (33)
Default My Newest kits

A week or so ago I was able to acquire this Twin-Air .20 kit off eBay .
http://ne-aero.com/v-web/productpage.../twinair25.gif

And then just yesterday I was notified that my UltraFly Ultimate was on it's way to me. Another eBay deal as I got it for about half price.
http://www.ultraflymodel.com/airplan...075-main-2.jpg

Now my next feat will be to decide where they'll go into the waiting list of planes I have waiting to be built .

Standing By,
SJ

You can bury me after I'm done flying

Blue Skies, Calm Breezes & A Full Hanger
Made Me A Very Happy Man
Old 11-24-2007, 09:09 PM   #57
Dereck
Super Contributor

One as yet un-named baby runabout - ready to test fly, but been busy when its been calm, and its been windy when I've been able. Now it's post-turkeyday and I'm &%*$* - I mean $@^^&* - okay, tired out.

34" span, baby outrunner, 3S 2100 LiPo. plan intended for publication in the RealWorld once she's sorted out. Model has RETM control, but there is a rumour of an aileron free wing for low winged RET control for a change of pace. Yes, it works fine if designed right - the custom design/build service that makes all these one-off models for me has some experience there.

The upcoming is yet another Lazy Bee, back of a geared Astro 020. Structure's mostly built, am contemplating covering it in - Shock! Horror! - Solite heatshrink plastic vice the usual Litespan.

Regards

Dereck

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front left initial assembly.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	47783   Click image for larger version

Name:	sm right front.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	47788  
Old 11-24-2007, 10:35 PM   #58
Balr14
WWI Jet Ace

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Hi Balr14 That was nice of you to rescue that Ultimate Biplane from the ceiling, I am glad it went to a good Home Take care, Chellie
I have to stop going to that place. They always have planes hanging from the ceiling that somebody doesn't want that are usually semi-finished for about 50% off. Today they have a single wing Fokker I can have for $20. I was so tempted.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:33 AM   #59
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Slowjohn View Post
A week or so ago I was able to acquire this Twin-Air .20 kit off eBay .
http://ne-aero.com/v-web/productpage.../twinair25.gif

And then just yesterday I was notified that my UltraFly Ultimate was on it's way to me. Another eBay deal as I got it for about half price.
http://www.ultraflymodel.com/airplan...075-main-2.jpg

Now my next feat will be to decide where they'll go into the waiting list of planes I have waiting to be built .

Standing By,
SJ
Hi SJ you have to many nice Toys If you need to make some room, send them to me Take care, Chellie
Old 11-25-2007, 05:35 AM   #60
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I have to stop going to that place. They always have planes hanging from the ceiling that somebody doesn't want that are usually semi-finished for about 50% off. Today they have a single wing Fokker I can have for $20. I was so tempted.

That FOKKER Needs to be rescued Too, Chellie
Old 11-25-2007, 05:38 AM   #61
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Dereck View Post
One as yet un-named baby runabout - ready to test fly, but been busy when its been calm, and its been windy when I've been able. Now it's post-turkeyday and I'm &%*$* - I mean $@^^&* - okay, tired out.

34" span, baby outrunner, 3S 2100 LiPo. plan intended for publication in the RealWorld once she's sorted out. Model has RETM control, but there is a rumour of an aileron free wing for low winged RET control for a change of pace. Yes, it works fine if designed right - the custom design/build service that makes all these one-off models for me has some experience there.

The upcoming is yet another Lazy Bee, back of a geared Astro 020. Structure's mostly built, am contemplating covering it in - Shock! Horror! - Solite heatshrink plastic vice the usual Litespan.

Regards

Dereck
Hi Dereck Thats a Very Very Cute little plane, I Love it, Take care, Chellie
Old 11-25-2007, 06:04 AM   #62
CygnusX1

Here is the newest plane. It will be electric powered when I am done.

The one leaning on the window is a 10 year old DAW Schweizer 1-26, my oldest plane.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9627.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	47822  

Learning to fly.
http://dcerutti.smugmug.com/
Old 11-25-2007, 08:49 PM   #63
Laggard
Who's got my six?

Working on this little beauty from Pats Custom models. The Eugly Stick short kit.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Eugly Stick C.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	47851  
Old 11-25-2007, 09:38 PM   #64
zx3d

Default only one flight on it so far

this is my latest, has only one flight on it so far. it is a radicalrc vertigo 3d. flys great and with the rimfire outrunner, it has unlimited vertical.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:33 PM   #65
Dereck
Super Contributor

Hi Dereck Thats a Very Very Cute little plane, I Love it, Take care, Chellie
Thanks Chellie - keep an eye out in "Fly RC" sometime early in 08. There's a rumour it may be having some cute little relatives later on too.

It needs a name really - right now, it's usually refered to as "VSP" - for Very Short Plane!

Regards

Dereck
Old 11-25-2007, 10:47 PM   #66
Slowjohn
Passed on

Club: Just Some Friends
Awards Showcase

1kW  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (33)
Wink Your Too Kind

Hi SJ you have to many nice Toys If you need to make some room, send them to me Take care, Chellie

Howdy Chellie,
Your too kind to me . Actually I did trade off 2 planes in the past week for some much needed equipment & supplies but then I've bought 3 more planes/kits in the past 2 weeks . I'm thinking I need to get me a shop so I can make some room in the house so I can buy some more so I can ... What happened . I think I need a bigger hanger.
I need to move somewhere that has better flying weather year round so I can fly all that I have not to mention I'm about to trade in my Mini Van-Aircraft Carrier and get a full sized Aircraft Carrier to haul my planes in. I've taken the back passenger seats out of the current one and still don't have enough room when I go to the field. Thought about getting a enclosed trailer but then decided that the size trailer I'd want/need would be more than the Astro Van could handle for long so I'll get a newer full sized van first.

Standing By,
SJ

You can bury me after I'm done flying

Blue Skies, Calm Breezes & A Full Hanger
Made Me A Very Happy Man
Old 11-25-2007, 10:52 PM   #67
pappy60

Friends: (2)
Default super miss arf

I ordered the super miss from hobby lobby the day after thanksgiving,I have had my eye on this plane for a long time, got it on sale.I dont have a radio or motor or anything else yet.Has anyone else flown this it looks good.My first aileron plane in along long time. I like the look of the old timers anyway. pappy60

take off`s are optional,landings are mandatory!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:39 AM   #68
rcproptester
We the People...

Club: RAA, and Hodges!!
Send a message via AIM to rcproptester
Awards Showcase

100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (28)

I actually don't have the super miss, but I know someone that just built the miss stick... He said it is a great flying plane. Very stable and fun to fly...
I don't see why the super miss would be any different...

I also have the miss stick Jr. on the building table now. Looks to be a fun one.

Know the dangers of DHMO! http://www.disney.com
Old 11-26-2007, 03:49 AM   #69
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by zx3d View Post
this is my latest, has only one flight on it so far. it is a radicalrc vertigo 3d. flys great and with the rimfire outrunner, it has unlimited vertical.
Nice looking plane zx3d And Welcome to Wattflyers, take care & have fun, Chellie
Old 11-26-2007, 03:58 AM   #70
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Slowjohn View Post
Howdy Chellie,
Your too kind to me . Actually I did trade off 2 planes in the past week for some much needed equipment & supplies but then I've bought 3 more planes/kits in the past 2 weeks . I'm thinking I need to get me a shop so I can make some room in the house so I can buy some more so I can ... What happened . I think I need a bigger hanger.
I need to move somewhere that has better flying weather year round so I can fly all that I have not to mention I'm about to trade in my Mini Van-Aircraft Carrier and get a full sized Aircraft Carrier to haul my planes in. I've taken the back passenger seats out of the current one and still don't have enough room when I go to the field. Thought about getting a enclosed trailer but then decided that the size trailer I'd want/need would be more than the Astro Van could handle for long so I'll get a newer full sized van first.

Standing By,
SJ
Hi SJ My problem here in So Calif, near Pasadena, is that, there are too many buildings around here to many houses, to many people, no room to fly, and then the parks are full of people on the weekends, playing soccer, I will have to join a flying club, so i can fly at the field, and get my AMA card i Guess, I Dont like it when its crowded, I need lots of open room anyway the weather here is very nice most of the time, being latin, if it drops below 70 degrees, I am freezing my buns off Take care, Chellie
Old 11-26-2007, 04:02 AM   #71
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Dereck View Post
Thanks Chellie - keep an eye out in "Fly RC" sometime early in 08. There's a rumour it may be having some cute little relatives later on too.

It needs a name really - right now, it's usually refered to as "VSP" - for Very Short Plane!

Regards

Dereck
Hi Dereck here is a Name for that plane C&S Cute and Sassy
Old 11-26-2007, 04:07 AM   #72
rclark
Oh boy, here we go again!

View rclark's Gallery19

it drops below 70 degrees,
Chellie, Sheesh. It's going to be below 0 here this week again.... If we hit 30 it will be a heat wave....

BTW, the only time I kick myself crashing is when I dumb thumb it which doesn't happen offen. If mechanical/electrical, you just go with the flow and build another . Keeps the number of models down to if you build . One or two a year is 'plenty' ....

Derick, nice little plane. Looking forward to the plans.

Richard
AMA734491

Fly 'em high, fly 'em low .... but not to low .

"Balsa simply flys better!" .
Old 11-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #73
calven

Club: Burnaby Lake flyers

hello everyone! Hanger9 t-34 almost ready to maiden...just waiting for 3 blade varioprop , also just got my t28 trojan yesterday, ripped everything out, putting my spectrum in , cc35 esc, ext bec ,e-flite 480, heard too many horror stories about the stock gear. happy flying everyone!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 029.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	47943  

Semper Fi
Old 11-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #74
Dereck
Super Contributor

Thanks folks - will keep the world posted on how my new design gets on. Right now, after a spell of windy, windy and wet, and windy and windy, it got calm, my wife's grand-daughter showed up for turkeyday and gave me a cold. Sue tells me that kids are real good at carrying such common diseases around and passing them out...

So VSP, or whatever, is still unflown

C & S - like it!

The Lazy Bee's motor showed up today, so construction can resume. It's an Astro 020 brushless, to be backed up with a Castle Creations ESC for as close to a 'Made in the US' model as I'm going to get. For a 400W capable lump, the O20 is an awesome little package, with a beautiful gearbox and no scratting around for a 'prop adaptor' - you just bolt a prop onto it, just like the glow guys get to do with every glow engine they care to buy.

Being me, I'm redrawing the Lazy Bee's nose to fully cowl the gearbox mounted Astro. Maybe I'll make up a pair of dummy 'flat twin' jugs for it too - something like an Aeronca C3 front end?

Next comes the much heard of, seldom seen, 4S low winged sports aerobatic...

Regards
Dereck
Old 11-27-2007, 07:20 AM   #75
kx315
10 take offs 9 landings

Hi Just completed this Hotpoint EP now has six flights on it so far so good.

I use the same brand of motors you are talking of in all of my planes Chellie and the all work fine just be careful not to be t rough with the motor wires with regards to bending the as they can be a bit fragile.

Kx

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Accipiter's & Hotpoint 008.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	48037  

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions