Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-04-2005, 11:22 PM   #76
n001pa
Procrastinate Now!

View n001pa's Gallery3
Friends: (0)

Welcome aboard everyone. This really is a great site.

As for the joystick style controller. It brings up an interesting idae. There are joysticks now with twisting handles for rudder control. I have a Logitech Freedom 2.4 wireless here that has enough buttons on it for just about any model. It's small, easily held, and it would be intesesting flying models with it. I would still rather have the new Futaba 14 though.

Carl
Remember Yesterday
Plan for Tomorrow
Live Today
Old 12-10-2005, 01:15 AM   #77
zbend

New member here. I have been in glow from the late 50,s. Just got into electrics in the last year with CDROMs and SloFly stuff, lov it. Now have Ian,s Pitts Special flying.

Mike
Old 12-10-2005, 01:40 AM   #78
n001pa
Procrastinate Now!

View n001pa's Gallery3
Smile

Welcome to the club zbend.

Carl
Remember Yesterday
Plan for Tomorrow
Live Today
Old 12-11-2005, 03:25 AM   #79
RCBobby

I am looking forward to the excitement of electric flight. I have been in the hobby over 30 years and have stimulated my interests by switching to electrics. Many of my seasoned freinds are following. My GWS A-10 never left the ground. My GWS PT 17 flys like a bird. My GWS slowfly is over a year old with no dings and I have managed to get a Polk Folkker Triplane airborne witht the help of a Hacker A-30 Motor. I am currently building a Turmoil and planning to power it with a BM2410-12Y from Quietflyer. Will this work? Is it better than the stock motor? Enough questions. I am happy to be aboard.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:11 AM   #80
watt_the?!
Super Contributor

View watt_the?!'s Gallery38
Friends: (5)

polk fokker triplane!?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	4555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image5.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	4556  
Old 12-11-2005, 04:13 AM   #81
watt_the?!
Super Contributor

please post your questions about your power setup in that forum- you'll get plenty of assistance there for sure....welcome to electrics...you'll NEVER go back.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:32 AM   #82
n001pa
Procrastinate Now!

View n001pa's Gallery3
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RCBobby View Post
I am looking forward to the excitement of electric flight. I have been in the hobby over 30 years and have stimulated my interests by switching to electrics. Many of my seasoned freinds are following. My GWS A-10 never left the ground. My GWS PT 17 flys like a bird. My GWS slowfly is over a year old with no dings and I have managed to get a Polk Folkker Triplane airborne witht the help of a Hacker A-30 Motor. I am currently building a Turmoil and planning to power it with a BM2410-12Y from Quietflyer. Will this work? Is it better than the stock motor? Enough questions. I am happy to be aboard.
Boy, when you go electric you go hole hog. I hope you continue to enjoy electrics.

Carl
Remember Yesterday
Plan for Tomorrow
Live Today
Old 12-11-2005, 06:01 AM   #83
TeslaWinger

ADMIN- You have a winner here! I have found answers to my questions and friendly like-minded people everywhere I look on this site, without prejudice or condescension toward my (our) chosen niche.

The only problem I have not solved is how to upload pix of my projects! The Add Image box asks for a URL to the photo. Must I make a website to post my pix and link from there? MY pix are on my hard drive!

Kindest Regards,
TW
Old 12-11-2005, 06:34 AM   #84
RCBobby

Originally Posted by watt_the?! View Post
polk fokker triplane!?
Polk Hobbies sells the DR1 in a balsa kit with solarfilm covering, I think. It flys well but ends up over 40 oz. Made in China. ARF.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:10 AM   #85
BradT
Scale Nut Loves Biplanes!

Club: Fraser Valley RC Flyers
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (4)

New member checking in here. Several of my friends from RCGroups have joined here, and sent me over for a look. Looks great so far! I learned RC flying with a Goldberg Mirage 550 electric trainer (BD present from my wife :-) ) in '97, and have never owned a glow/gas rc model. I fly everything from parkflyiers to 1/4 scale, but large warbirds are my passion.
Brad.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:12 AM   #86
n001pa
Procrastinate Now!

View n001pa's Gallery3

The only problem I have not solved is how to upload pix of my projects! The Add Image box asks for a URL to the photo. Must I make a website to post my pix and link from there? MY pix are on my hard drive!
If you are talking about uploading during posts. Click on manage attachments, in the pop up you will notice the first boxes are for uploading from you computer. The only problem is that the files size restrictions don't allow for very big photos. You can then use something like paintshop to shrink your image until it meets the size restriction.

You can use something like photo bucket and then post your photos from there. Then you can have large file sizes.

Carl
Remember Yesterday
Plan for Tomorrow
Live Today
Old 12-11-2005, 02:05 PM   #87
danflyrc

Thumbs up new member as well

New member checking in as well. I've flown giant scale for many years, but have been intrigued by the wide variety of electric models. This site has been great for learning more about this area.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:36 AM   #88
Ialwayscrash

Default Hello to All

I discovered this site when I was referred from RCU. I am glad I did. I have picked up a lot of good info and was turned on to the Hobby Lobby foamy sales(I was looking for a cheap way to get into electrics). Keep up the good work and Thanks!!!!
Alan
Old 12-12-2005, 12:51 AM   #89
watt_the?!
Super Contributor

everyone is more than welcome here..the more the merrier! there are so many aspects to e flying and so much to learn and discover that its good to have it all in one place.

For those who are moving on over to electrics, the parallels are surprising and what you learn is easily applied backwards to glow and will undoubt shed light on many of those mysteries as well.

Tim.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:34 AM   #90
HartsoughC

Hi, Just joined. I am looking for help for a stable, electric helio with 6 or 8 oz of lift for cameras. I want to use it outside to shoot building surfaces "straight on." This isn't likely to be a one weekend project
Old 12-12-2005, 09:43 AM   #91
n001pa
Procrastinate Now!

View n001pa's Gallery3
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HartsoughC View Post
Hi, Just joined. I am looking for help for a stable, electric helio with 6 or 8 oz of lift for cameras. I want to use it outside to shoot building surfaces "straight on." This isn't likely to be a one weekend project
Try over in the Heli section I'm sure someone will be able to help. I just got done flying my Dragonfly again for the first time in almost two years. I'm going to need alot of practice but I think I can do it. T least I can keeo it in the air in a 14 by 20 room.

Carl
Remember Yesterday
Plan for Tomorrow
Live Today
Old 12-13-2005, 12:30 AM   #92
TeslaWinger

Nice place you got here, Marc! Thanks for the foresight and good taste to keep it minimally commercial and maximally focused on this wonderful wrinkle of the sport- with the flyers in mind. I like the tone and the substance.

Like so many others here I enjoy helping a beginner as much as pushing my own limits and making discoveries. Thanks.
Lew in SC
Old 12-13-2005, 02:13 AM   #93
SAMMYSAM

Default New to the RC Community

Hi everybody
Just browsing around, and I'm really impressed by just about every post.
Looking forward in learnig a lot from this Website....
Old 12-13-2005, 02:21 AM   #94
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

View Mike Parsons's Gallery429
Club: www.electricdrones.com
Awards Showcase

5kW 
Friends: (25)

Glad you are all with us .

-Mike

Proud Supporter of
Atlantahobby.com
ExtremeFlightrc
Old 12-13-2005, 03:46 AM   #95
admin
Administrator

Welcome aboard to wattflyer fellas. We are delighted to have each of you here.

Also thanks for the kind words and compliments above. If you ever have suggestions on how to improve things just shoot me a PM or email (or post in our suggestion forum). I get back to everyone.

marc

Marc
Drone Vibes

SAVE A YORKIE FUNDRAISER - Click here to learn more
Old 12-13-2005, 03:49 AM   #96
admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by TeslaWinger View Post
ADMIN- You have a winner here! I have found answers to my questions and friendly like-minded people everywhere I look on this site, without prejudice or condescension toward my (our) chosen niche.

Kindest Regards,
TW
You can just click the reply on anyones post or the advanced posting button and upload your images right to our server. No need to create a website to host them. We do it for you and have plenty of disk space!

You do need to resize them to 1024 pixels or lower before uploading right now though at least until we get the (now long awaited!) auto image resize code in place. Once I get this code modification in you will be able to upload large images and we'll resize for you. In the meantime free programs like picasa.com and irfanview.com and some free windows tools can all resize images before uploading.
If you need more help on this just ask in our support forum at the bottom of the homepage.

Marc
Drone Vibes

SAVE A YORKIE FUNDRAISER - Click here to learn more
Old 12-13-2005, 02:56 PM   #97
Pushrod
Just Have'n Fun!

Originally Posted by watt_the?! View Post
...there are so many aspects to e flying and so much to learn and discover that its good to have it all in one place...
Tim.
Can't argue with that statement. I've been doing the R/C thing and chasing electrons for a living for ~30 years and never had much interest in electric anything outside of work. I was cruising around RCU one day and clicked the wrong forum and there it was, a swing wing F-14! Great, now I'm going to have to figure out how to get more boxes past my better half but at least they'll be smaller than the giant scales (and cheaper) I do now.
I've been hanging around RCU for over 3 years and that's because it's a great site. Yeah people get a little over zealous once in awhile but that's usually because of their passion for the hobby. Marc and the Mods do a fantastic job of keeping things under control there and It's a real class act. What little I've surfed around here it looks to be every bit as good, maybe even a little more laid back. ??Maybe it's the lack of exhaust fumes...
Old 12-13-2005, 04:09 PM   #98
Tore Loodin

View Tore Loodin's Gallery21

Excuse me! Some lack of time having not used Wattflyer, which indeed ia an excellent chat place! Just now I will try to export an picture to you if I am able to manage your picture system. I use Picssa. Is it possible to export the pics diredt to you in this program or will I take out the picture from this program and send it? Yes, Now I see how it works. But the program sez that the picture is still to big (640kb) How to transform it to 97?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #99
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

View Mike Parsons's Gallery429
Club: www.electricdrones.com
Awards Showcase

5kW 
Friends: (25)

Tore,
Picassa should have an export and resize option. I usually set it to 800x600 and it has good quality and keeps it under 97k.

Another excellent choice is if you are using windows, install the microsoft resizer http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe.

You simply right click on the photo in the folder and choose resize from the menu (small, medium or large). I use this for my quick photo uploads

Proud Supporter of
Atlantahobby.com
ExtremeFlightrc
Old 12-14-2005, 01:39 AM   #100
thedonald

I just joined up. I've been flying my slowstick for several years now and just added a totally flat wing and ailerons. After getting the CG right its quite responsive.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions

Tags
esc , power system