Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-09-2017, 10:34 PM   #26
abborgogna

Friends: (2)

I just wish I had known about Brownout before I lost a scratch built giant Ugly Stik. When a flyer at the site said the failure looked like brownout, I had no idea what he was talking about. With the old 72mhz equipment brownout didn't exist, there was no microprocessor in the receiver to reboot when the voltage got low. The response on the controls slowed down, when that happened you landed. When I researched brownout I discovered I had done every single thing you could to bring on a brownout. Live and learn.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:28 PM   #27
FoxProGT

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by abborgogna View Post
I just wish I had known about Brownout before I lost a scratch built giant Ugly Stik. When a flyer at the site said the failure looked like brownout, I had no idea what he was talking about. With the old 72mhz equipment brownout didn't exist, there was no microprocessor in the receiver to reboot when the voltage got low. The response on the controls slowed down, when that happened you landed. When I researched brownout I discovered I had done every single thing you could to bring on a brownout. Live and learn.

This is why im trying to learn the easy way.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:59 PM   #28
abborgogna

By lost I meant as I started the first turn to land for the third flight of the day, a gentle right turn turned into a slow roll into the ground. Up to that point the plane behave perfectly and showed no indication of any problem. I have since learned there are a number of devices to solve the problem.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:00 PM   #29
FoxProGT

Friends: (0)

Just an update. Im not having any brownout issues with the 2 digital servos on the cubs stock esc/bec. even with the added flap servo, the escs bec seems to handle the extra load well.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:10 PM   #30
abborgogna

Good news. Hope it continues to work for you.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions