Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-18-2017, 06:14 PM   #1
Vic Z

Club: Mt Rainier RC Club
Friends: (1)
Question Sukhoi question

I didn't know exactly where to put this so I put it under general discussions where it would be seen the most. Mods can move if need be.
I have an E Flite Sukhoi 29M Gen 1. Love the plane and have hundreds of flights on it. Didn't mind the stock RX at first when I was just getting used to the plane, but once I started switching between modes I learned to hate the RX (crashed over it, user error), so I switched it with a no frills, no stabilization 6 channel Lemon RX. I have wrecked this plane twice. Once taking the tail off, and the second one broke the fuse into 3 pieces. Went back together well and flies perfect as far as sport and precision flying goes. My problem is that this thing will not elevator and is really tough to harrier (not that I am good at it at all). On elevator it rocks left and right really bad, and when I try to harrier it is very rocky as well. It was never fantastic (in my hands at least) but was better with the as3x in it. Since it flies so well otherwise I am wondering if "the airframe" never really did well and was assisted by the stabilization, have I knocked it silly, or maybe I have a CG problem?
Any opinions, comments, or help is appreciated.

Vic

My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my planes for what I told her I paid for them
Old 03-18-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (18)

If you think that harrier is simple ... think again. YES it rocks left / right ... you are forcing an airplane to do what is designed not to do.
It needs RUDDER work ... and a lot of it !!

I can do hovers ... I can do all sorts .. but to harrier like "Wargo" does ? I am not even close !!

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 03-18-2017, 09:19 PM   #3
birdDog
Charging....

Awards Showcase

1kW 
Friends: (7)

With all due respect, harrier with a PA addiction vs an Eflite, well, anything is apples to oranges. First thing I would consider is to play with the aileron gain. This is assuming that you have already flipped the Lemon stabiizer on and off two times in two seconds (or something like that, I just flip the switch on and off a bunch of times. The orange light will blink in some way to verify that it is done) AFTER the plane has been trimmed without stabilization. This causes the stabilizer to "remember" the trimmed flight positions.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to B.S.
Rob
Old 03-18-2017, 10:35 PM   #4
Vic Z

Club: Mt Rainier RC Club
Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by birdDog View Post
With all due respect, harrier with a PA addiction vs an Eflite, well, anything is apples to oranges. First thing I would consider is to play with the aileron gain. This is assuming that you have already flipped the Lemon stabiizer on and off two times in two seconds (or something like that, I just flip the switch on and off a bunch of times. The orange light will blink in some way to verify that it is done) AFTER the plane has been trimmed without stabilization. This causes the stabilizer to "remember" the trimmed flight positions.
No frills, no stabilization.
I have no expectations of this thing harriering like an Addy. I am just wondering if it rocking so bad that high alfa is nearly off the table (for me at least) is normal, or if I am doing something wrong. Keep in mind that it flies perfectly in every other aspect.
Have been reading on RCG and it sound's like I'm not the only one that is experiencing this.
Maybe I just need to be happy that I have a really great sport/acrobatic flyer and move on. If that is the case, I'm still very satisfied with the plane

My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my planes for what I told her I paid for them

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions