Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)
Default RTF Flyzone Acro-Wot Sporty Low Wing Gusty Winds

Flown this beauty 4 times now, nice lift on take off, requires attention on landing not too bad. In the air it's Heaven! Aileron maneuvers zero nose drop, nearly hovers close to 3D, definitely Sporty. Penetrates winds effectively, fly to your ability there. Find some headwind makes easier landings.

Only issue as very little build, the elevator needed lock thread as 2nd light slipped and almost no up elevator, held heavy upstick to bring it home and land. Most wisely use lock thread as really suggested anyway.

Apologize on this out of focus clip, had to box camera to handle wind gusts, an ice rink in the vacant side parking lot.

Take off is immediate a strong point in this puppie, cuts thru hefty winds, tho deadsticked last moments pulsed to bring it in due to heavy winds, then continual quick pulsed down nosing, actually landed with only a light skip, amazed. Me!

Course not the beginner ship, perhaps a fantastic 2nd low wing for you tho.

I'm more than excited about this one, who would guess a Flyzone, yep they did it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVIVC...e_gdata_player
Old 02-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

What you don't see, need above average monitor to detect, plane blows slightly before bracing cam for these gusty winds then plane is back straight, first turn around off of screen hovers and just misses top of parking lot light, end of clip plane is blowing backwards increased 25 MPH gusts, not noticeable till I reviewed with the Apple IPad.

Super fun flight!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Seven flights now and this one is a winner, not meant for beginner level, need sporty and low wing it's an effective flyer.

Take off is swift, will handle some winds. Has fast and slow speed ability, maneuvers are precise.

More heads up on landing just needs touch of airspeed and keep the nose from rising nearing touchdown, mine often light skips when flared too early. Actually will deadstick just lower nose after turn around to build up some landing speed. Touch of headwind makes things easier.

Mine balanced with battery all the way in, compartment is abit compact here. Nice twist lock to hold everything.

On take off usually little issue, some up elevator on the fast takeoff to prevent prop contacts to pavement.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #4
nidly

Friends: (0)

This is almost my favorite plane to fly. It makes me look "good" (until I land) For some reason it is one of my hardest to get the landing right. It's definately a keeper and worth the cost. Mine's got a slower motor , faster prop and a 3sx2.2 Nano battery. I fly it with a 9x and it balances very nicely with all those extra weights removed.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:36 AM   #5
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Agree it's super in the air. My relatively reasonable landings frequently do a small skip coming in likely mostly timing on correct elevator at touchdown, needs some speed coming in helps, even a light headwind keeps it airborne for a smoother contact. It's a winner.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Wow zero wind daybreak today, wanted to float even below half throttle, most lazy flying just enjoying things, time to land this does deadstick with enough down nose for entry speed still went past me nearly hugged the curb, little bounce if at all, error hit ailerons zero tuning stopped in corner of driveway, was still excited I guess, enjoyable flight. Aileron rolls easy and off the chart minimal speed.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #7
nidly

4 flights on mine , nice going. I almost tried a dead stik landing today and I think it will be very easy. My landings seem to be coming in too high , chopping the throttle and then setting it down nicely. Any time I try to come in shallow and slow it results in a bad thing.

Pretty consistently I have trouble losing altitude on my approach, in fact many times I gain altitude and have to go around again. Perhaps I am not coming in steep enough.

Actually did two inverted laps today on the first flight and a BUNCH of cuban eights. Practised a bit of knife edge too.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #8
scrammy

Default A tribute to the Acro wot!

I thought i should post my video I made yesterday as a tribute to the Acro wot!
Hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4lLAN-Qowc

/Jim
Old 08-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Would pass for a Flyzone Add, well done, tnx for posting!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners