Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Event Archive > Event Archive > 2014 SPECIAL EVENT COVERAGE > ODB VI September 20th 2014
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

ODB VI September 20th 2014 Forum to discuss the Oklahoma Dust Bowl number six. They have moved to a more accessible site.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #26
1987tc
Super Contributor

Club: Henryetta RC Aviators
Friends: (6)

We will have a table set up next tot he chamber office on Monday for the parade in Henryetta, Oklahoma . We will have a R/C model airplane on display along with information on National Multiple Sclerosis Society And the fly in as well as the Dustbowl flyers r/c club we are forming. Some stop by and say hello!!
They are going to start grooming the field Tuesday for regular club flying as well as for the fly in.

Come fly with us in Henryetta!
Old 08-30-2014, 11:10 AM   #27
1987tc
Super Contributor

Default Roll Call!!!

More prizes have arrived and more are on the way.
The Days Inn motel is offering $15.00 off on each room when you show your AMA card.
They have plenty of parking and there is room for those who are pulling trailers. They are about 2 miles from the field entrance and right by Braums.

And of course Camping is fine and free at the fly in site. We have an account with First Family Credit union for the event under Dustbowl Fly in. So any checks can be maid out that way.
And of course for those who want to help but can't make it here they can still help by mailing checks.

The same applies to anyone who would like to preregister. They are one of the event sponsors and are great people.
There is an unbelievable amount of working being put into the event . And it would be a real help if anyone who plans to come would post or pm me.

We have room there for any type of model. There is nothing over head. Access is easy and the field is very easy to find.

Glow gas and electric any power source is welcome! And worries about finding Henryetta!
Look where hwy 75 meets I40 and there we are!
So let me here from you! I need to get an idea how many pilots and planes are coming.
Wes

Old 09-09-2014, 02:59 PM   #28
1987tc
Super Contributor

Exclamation Fly in to be at the AIRPORT in Henryetta!

Fly in to be at the AIRPORT in Henryetta!
Thanks for the kind words guys. Much appreciated!!
We have not been able to get the grass in shape soon enough at the industrial park. So the fly in will take place at the HENRYETTA AIRPORT after all.

We will have something over 3,000 feet of smooth blacktop to fly from. and there is also grass along the side of the runway we can fly from.
Once you are in Henryetta you head south on 10th street ( it becomes Dustin road) about 3 miles to Loblolly. Turn right ( West) and follow that to the airport roughly .3 of a mile. Easy to find.
Please help spread the word about the location change!!!
Wes

Old 09-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #29
1987tc
Super Contributor

For those who would like to help with our fund raising efforts we have an account set up in the fly in name.
Checks can be made out to Dustbowl Fly In.
We appreciate all the support over the years. As much as we would like to have everyone show up we know not everyone can attend.
There is a website called the Henryettanonline.com that will be streaming the event live. And also will have video posted after the event.
Wes

Old 09-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #30
1987tc
Super Contributor

I have been hearing off line from some fellow fliers. Looking like we are going to have some very cool stuff going on!!
Getting down to the wire! airport is in good shape. In addition to over 3,000 feet of paved runway. There is freshly mowed grass next to it.
Don't forget to sign in and pay your $10 landing fee. and buy those raffle tickets! We need to get a cure for MS!!!

Old 09-20-2014, 02:53 AM   #31
1987tc
Super Contributor

We are about as ready can be. Weather looks promising. Field looks great. With a nice grass strip next to the paved runway.
I will be heading over as soon as I get up in the morning.
I hope to see a lot of you there!!

Old 09-23-2014, 01:10 AM   #32
max2112
Super Contributor

View max2112's Gallery80
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (13)
Default Had a Blast!

My daughter and I drove up Saturday morning and spent all morning and afternoon at the fly in. We had a blast. Big Kudos and Thanks to Wes (1987tc) on coordinating everything and setting it all up.

I waited too late to apply for my AMA license, so I wasn't able to take any planes to fly myself, but we had a great time meeting folks, walking the pits and watching some really good flying. I even won some glue at the raffle!

Here are some random pics from the ones I took. If anyone wants a full sized copy of any of these just shoot me a PM.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aDSC_0076.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	177473   Click image for larger version

Name:	aDSC_0205.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	177474   Click image for larger version

Name:	aDSC_0226.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	177475   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0019.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	177476   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0052.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	177477  

Name:	DSC_0058.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	177478   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0065.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	177479   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0075.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	177480   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0078.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	177481   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0087.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	320.5 KB
ID:	177482  

Name:	DSC_0125.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	177483   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0129.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	177484   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0133.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	177485   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0142.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	177486   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0151.JPG
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	177487  

Name:	DSC_0152.JPG
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	177488   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0171.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	177489   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0184.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	177490  

Please call me John. I came up w/ Max2112 when I thought you were all internet predators after me Lucky Charms!!
Old 10-20-2014, 06:56 PM   #33
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Globetrotter Pilot  AV Contest  AP Contest Winner 
Friends: (1)

Thanks for sharing the pics with us John!

Too late now, but you could have printed out your online application/receipt for your AMA membership and that would have worked fine.

Frank

Let's Help Newcomers! << Click Here
Old 10-22-2014, 03:57 AM   #34
max2112
Super Contributor

View max2112's Gallery80
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 

Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
Thanks for sharing the pics with us John!

Too late now, but you could have printed out your online application/receipt for your AMA membership and that would have worked fine.

Frank
Thanks Frank, Wes told me the same thing when I showed up that morning. I should have anticipated that, but I erred on the side of caution.

We enjoyed the show none the less.

Please call me John. I came up w/ Max2112 when I thought you were all internet predators after me Lucky Charms!!
Old 10-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #35
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Globetrotter Pilot  AV Contest  AP Contest Winner 
Friends: (1)

John,

I appreciate you attending the ODB VI. You are at stand up guy. There are not many like you left in the modeling community.

The ODB VI is just is another perfect example of how the modeling community could have helped saved lives or at the very minimum helped relieve the suffering from a terrible disease but yet way too many failed to act.

Every year there is a fun fly to help raise money for research of a cure and treatment of MS. I contacted over 2,000 pilots personally and very few even bothered to show up. There was even another thread on RCG and look at who helped; me in CA and another in FL to help Wes as he tackled this event on his own. How embarrassing this is for the RC community to not take advantage of such a great cause and such a wonderful opportunity to show how much we care for others; perfect strangers nonetheless. But did we do that? Sadly, no. Simply pitiful in my mind.

Where are those people who would do for others before doing for one's self? Are they gone now? I am saddened and embarrassed by the actions or I should say no actions of my peers. With all the bad publicity in the news about modelers doing such stupid things and giving us a black eye almost daily, we turn our backs on a perfect way to show the world that we as a modeling community care and are willing to help whenever or wherever we can.

Like I said, the willingness to help others seems to be a lost attribute nowadays and I am not the only one that has echoed this sentiment.

Let's Help Newcomers! << Click Here
Old 11-13-2014, 01:32 AM   #36
max2112
Super Contributor

View max2112's Gallery80
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 

Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
John,

I appreciate you attending the ODB VI. You are at stand up guy. There are not many like you left in the modeling community.

The ODB VI is just is another perfect example of how the modeling community could have helped saved lives or at the very minimum helped relieve the suffering from a terrible disease but yet way too many failed to act.

Every year there is a fun fly to help raise money for research of a cure and treatment of MS. I contacted over 2,000 pilots personally and very few even bothered to show up. There was even another thread on RCG and look at who helped; me in CA and another in FL to help Wes as he tackled this event on his own. How embarrassing this is for the RC community to not take advantage of such a great cause and such a wonderful opportunity to show how much we care for others; perfect strangers nonetheless. But did we do that? Sadly, no. Simply pitiful in my mind.

Where are those people who would do for others before doing for one's self? Are they gone now? I am saddened and embarrassed by the actions or I should say no actions of my peers. With all the bad publicity in the news about modelers doing such stupid things and giving us a black eye almost daily, we turn our backs on a perfect way to show the world that we as a modeling community care and are willing to help whenever or wherever we can.

Like I said, the willingness to help others seems to be a lost attribute nowadays and I am not the only one that has echoed this sentiment.
Frank,
I finally read your linked thread over at RCG. Short answer brother is I don't know why more folks didn't support. It seems like the local crowd had a good showing. At least the IC guys did. I don't know what past numbers were for a comparison. Maybe folks were just busy? or intimidated by the wind?

I enjoyed meeting Wes, and I did make sure and thank him for his coordinating efforts.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Event Archive > Event Archive > 2014 SPECIAL EVENT COVERAGE > ODB VI September 20th 2014