Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > UAV / FPV
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

UAV / FPV Forum to talk about UAV / FPV electric R/C flight.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #76
MarkK

Friends: (0)

Back when RC was first introduced there was no way to communicate so freely like forums, groups, email. etc. But if there had been(!)...I bet there would have been threads just like this one debating how the control line and free flight sport was going to survive the "regulatory" problems!

Remember the big free flight gliders which all turned in giant lazy circles and landed where ever the breeze took them?

That said all this conversation is a great thing, everyone becomes aware, thinks about the problem(s) that might occur and thus begins the solutions. As some TV ad said "it's a wonderful thing".
Old 01-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #77
pattern14
Super Contributor

Friends: (8)
Default just to upset the apple cart further...

A couple of months ago, my sons and I did a demo with our WW2 planes over a full re-enactment of a WW2 battle scene. I dropped a bomb from my Dornier 217k while being shot down by my youngest sons' Spitfire. There were pyrotechnics everywhere, and lots of smoke and noise. My bomb release mechanism would cause mayhem if I was the unbalanced type ( psychotic laughter in background....), especially with the readily available info from the 'net today. Another disturbing aspect is the fact that I turned the rocket assist (I'm also a model rocket enthusiast) on my Ar234 Arado into an air to air missile by not securing the pod sufficiently . It would take very little to make a deliberate system. Totally illegal where i live, and I'm not about to admit to anyone about it. On one hand it is great fun to replicate in scale the dastardly acts of the fiendish minds behind the Luftwaffe's secret projects, but I know only too well how the authorities would see it. Guess I'd end up in Guantanomo bay as well....

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > UAV / FPV