Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Hi-Performance and Sailplanes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Hi-Performance and Sailplanes RC hotliners, electric pylon racers, F5B, F5D, sailplanes and gliders

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-30-2006, 02:47 AM   #1
adrenaline

Friends: (0)
Default Reichard Baracuda

Any one have any experience of the Reichard Baracuda....??

I have one and am about to put it together. Mine is the glider version
Old 09-30-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

View Sky Sharkster's Gallery11
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (20)
Default Reichard Models?

Hello Adrenaline, Welcome to Wattflyer!
I've never seen the Baracuda but can tell you that Reichard models are highly regarded both for their quality and flying ability. They're sold in the U.S. by NESail. I've seen (and launched!) their Sprinter Hotliner, it's beautifully built, same type construction as the Baracuda. Flys great, very strong, clean design. Also the Ellipsoid, a 110" powered glider, this was an early model, dark blue covering. Built-up wings, F/G fuselage. Same excellent workmanship, good glider, great price! The only other one I've seen is the Mefisto, a 2 meter powered glider. Same comments as above.
Here's the Reichard home page. http://www.reichard.cz/en/modely.htm
If the model is set up per the directions it should fly fine. Here's a long thread from RCG on the electric-powered version, with several comments on the elevator servo and pushrod, the wing joiner rods and other info that might be helpful; http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/archi.../t-376504.html
Good Luck!
Ron
Old 09-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #3
adrenaline

Hi, thanks for the reply.....

I would be interested to hear your opinions on the Sprinter......I have fancied one of these for a while but had been put off by some comments from certain folks on another board...........saying it was not a hotliner as it did not fly fast enough to count.....

The build quality, as you say, is excellent.....

Many thanks
Old 09-30-2006, 04:45 PM   #4
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

View Sky Sharkster's Gallery11
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (20)
Default Sprinter Hotliner

Hi Adrenaline, the Sprinter I've seen is owned by our former club (Rocky Mountain Electric Flyers) President, Jorge. He had it set up with a Hacker B40 and later an Aveox, don't know the motor size but it was geared and very powerful!
From what I've seen since, the Sprinter is not competitive on an F.A.I. level, the designs have evolved quite a bit since it was introduced. There are faster, sleeker and more modern designs available. It's more of an "intro" Hotliner, easy to fly, no real vices, strong and quick enough for my taste and budget! It'll do a 5 second climb-out, 1/2 loop/roll and the awe-inspiring 100 mph (power-off) whistling flyby without either the model or pilot breaking a sweat. More than enough excitement for my modest skills!
These models eat up the sky faster than any model aircraft I've ever seen. You need a HUGE field to fly them and plenty of space to land, they're heavy but aerodynamically clean and glide forever. Flaps and/or spoilers are a must.
For the investment as a first Hotliner I'd say the Sprinter is as good a "deal" as any model going and more "adrenaline" rush than most!
Ron
Old 09-30-2006, 05:15 PM   #5
adrenaline

Thanks for that......'100mph' screaming dives seem fast enough for me.....and good enough for a club fun flying model....getting up is just a function of how much you want to spend......

Suppose that's the problem with paying any attention to the supposed experts.....well he suggested he was an expert.....

May have to get one of those then....

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Hi-Performance and Sailplanes