Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > New Product Announcements
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

New Product Announcements Vendors post their latest and greatest products here to let the world know about them

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 11-22-2006, 03:50 PM   #1
crc
Electrified

Friends: (0)
Exclamation "NEW" RC Auction Site

Just wanted to make an announcement to let the RC community know that we have launched a Brand New auction site. This auction site is currently FREE of Fee's for buyer and seller. It contains all of the major functionality a person might expect from larger auction sites like E-Bay but tailors specifically to Radio Controlled items.

The goal with the auction site is to provide a fully functional centralized online auction spot for the RC community. Allowing RC Hobby enthusiasts like myself to find and or list RC related items within an RC only auction.

This also allows for smaller distributors and manufacturers of RC products to competitively list their items and gain additional exposure to the potential buyers.

Eventually the Store option will be enabled which will further allow businesses to take advantage of exposing their products.

Some key features of this site are as follows:
  • Picture listings
  • Home page featured listings
  • Buy-It-Now feature
  • Ask seller a question feature
  • Watch items ability
  • Wanted ads section
  • E-mail notification of listings/purchases/auction endings and more
  • Secure PayPal integrated end of auction checkout (instant payment)
  • Personalized member section for keeping track of listings/watched items/purchases/sales and more
You can find the site at http://CentralRC.com

The site is still in it's infancy and is dependent on the RC community for growth.

Feel free to register and start a listing or place a bid. I'd love to hear any feedback from the community.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crcpic.gif
Views:	377
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	19378  
Old 11-22-2006, 03:57 PM   #2
firemanbill
Community Moderator

View firemanbill's Gallery67
Club: Newport News Park R/C Club
Awards Showcase

125mph Speed Demon  100mph Speed Demon  2kW  4kW 
Friends: (63)

Nice!

Hopefully it will take off and be very succesful. A good alternative to feebay!

2012 SEFF Night Bowling Champion!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:43 PM   #3
radralph
My first Build

Is everything gonna be all mixed up or will you catagorize stuff?
Old 11-22-2006, 10:03 PM   #4
CGFlyer

View CGFlyer's Gallery3

Very nice, hopefully (not to rude) but keep out that junk rc that clogs feebay up.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:22 PM   #5
crc
Electrified

Originally Posted by radralph View Post
Is everything gonna be all mixed up or will you catagorize stuff?
Ralph,

There should be a complete category list on the left side. Is it missing for you? If so, what browser are you using?

~~Thanks guys for the comments, feedback and support!~~
Old 11-22-2006, 10:36 PM   #6
radralph
My first Build

Originally Posted by crc View Post
Ralf,

There should be a complete category list on the left side. Is it missing for you? If so, what browser are you using?

~~Thanks guys for the comments, feedback and support!~~
Duh Ralph! i just looked at the featured items lol.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #7
admin
Administrator

Friends: (5)

Good luck to you. We tried the rc auction thing on rc universe along with our very successful classifieds. Even though we were about 1/4 the price of ebay (you have to charge something to keep bidders and sellers honest we found) we could not get much traction on it. We actually have all the software in place but have it toggled off for over half a year now because for some odd reason people either use the classifieds and if they auction they prefer to pay more at ebay (at least that is what we found). We saw just a dozen or so auctions every week and we have over 250,000 registered members on RC Universe.

Marc Vigod
RC Forums

SAVE A YORKIE FUNDRAISER - Click here to learn more

Old 11-24-2006, 05:14 AM   #8
crc
Electrified

Originally Posted by admin View Post
Good luck to you. We tried the rc auction thing on rc universe along with our very successful classifieds. Even though we were about 1/4 the price of ebay (you have to charge something to keep bidders and sellers honest we found) we could not get much traction on it. We actually have all the software in place but have it toggled off for over half a year now because for some odd reason people either use the classifieds and if they auction they prefer to pay more at ebay (at least that is what we found). We saw just a dozen or so auctions every week and we have over 250,000 registered members on RC Universe.
Thanks for the heads up!
I would like try to keep the auctions totally free of fees for buyer and seller. However, I can see how a no risk auction site could be compromised using this approach.

I strongly feel that the success of this auction site will be based purely on the RC Community support. Hopefully there will be a strong enough push from the RC Community to keep the auction site alive and allow it to grow.

The goal of this site is to provide a free RC only auction alternative to the oversaturated E-Bay.

Some of the best features of our auction site are:
  1. Enables users, new product manufacturers and product distributors to list their products either in regular auction format or through the use of a custom store front.
  2. Every transaction is documented allowing the buyer and seller to keep track of their bids, purchases, sales and feedback.
  3. Direct payment options can be enabled by the seller from their own members area allowing the buyer to do a quick and easy checkout.
  4. Automated system e-mails keep members updated on any auction status.
  5. Best of all, it's FREE

www.CentralRC.com auctions administrator
Old 11-25-2006, 02:15 AM   #9
admin
Administrator

Friends: (5)

CRC - we had all the 1-5 options on our site at one point. That plus the huge community and power of our vast membership behind it in a built from the ground up for rc auction and we still could not get it to fly. As much as people say they hate ebay they will still go there and pay more. Ultimately if you get 10 bucks more 50 bucks more or 100's more on ebay the free listing just doesn't justify itself. I think this is what users must think either that or just habit.

Anyway our classifieds get 300 new items listed daily (around 10,000/month) so for us that ended up being the killer application and true alternative to ebay. The RCU classifieds and wattflyer classifieds are also free. Ultimately the community speaks and they spoke loud and clear. We gave it a full 3 years to make the auction work and as I said...no traction could be gained.

If you asked me first I could have saved you all that programming time! Anyway good luck w/the new venture.

Marc Vigod
RC Forums

SAVE A YORKIE FUNDRAISER - Click here to learn more

Old 01-14-2007, 11:30 PM   #10
ParkJetsFlyer

Send a message via AIM to ParkJetsFlyer
Friends: (6)

I wish I had seen this sooner, I'll toss up a couple of Banner links on my Parkjets site, and we'll see if we can get you a few customers

Tom B. (AKA RCParkFlyer)
http://www.parkjets.com/free-plans.html

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > New Product Announcements