Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB Electric Powered RC Planes for sale and wanted in here. Free to buy or sell!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-21-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
donjiskra
WAA-08 Pilot

View donjiskra's Gallery16
Club: Woodland Aero Modelers, Downers Grove,IL
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (2)
Default Top Flite "Tauraus" NIB

Anyone interested in buying a prime, "Taurus" kit?
Old 01-22-2007, 05:19 AM   #2
Flyer 1
Flying Is Living

Send a message via AIM to Flyer 1
Awards Showcase

AP Contest Winner 
Friends: (0)

As in, the Top Flite 1963 - era Taurus? How have you kept yourself from building it???
Yep, I'd be interested. Depends on how much you're asking (these kits, while great in their day, have a tendancy to "weakify" re the balsa, just like ALL balsa kits for that matter that aren't ARFs). Also, there are a couple of companies offering reduced-sized repros of the Taurus. Personally I always thought its size was one of it's assets.
I build a replica of one with a span of 50 inches. Good airplane.
I have a feeling, too, that MOST folks here aren't the living RC fossil I am, and have no IDEA what plane you're talking about unless they Google it, and even then the info is kinda vague.
The Taurus, first presented in kit form in 1963, was a real pioneer in RC models. Those were the days of mostly "flapper" rudder-only actuator flying, though some modelers carried the Taurus much farther than that. It's designed for gas engines, though modern electric powerplanes would fly it better than the original engines EVER could.
The Taurus is NOT what springs to mind when an old-timer is thought of - it's NOT a high-wing, "Playboy" - type plane. Instead, picture a large Pylon racer, Cap 21, or similar plane. The Taurus was essentially the FIRST of this RC plane type, and is widely considered the great-grandaddy of them all! Here's the cover of the issue of Model Airplane News heralding the arrival of the kit:

It's also the first plane to use the strip ailerons we're all so familiar with now.
Since I'm a builder/flyer and not a collector, I'd be getting this bird up pretty quickly - what's your price?
Flyer
Old 02-22-2007, 09:48 PM   #3
LCS

Friends: (0)

Hello,
Do you still have the Taurus kit. I would be very interested in it. Please let me know either way.

Thank you
Lewis email qm4020@yahoo.com

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB