Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-22-2007, 05:44 AM   #1
Theycallmecrash

Friends: (0)
Default profile jet pusher?

Hello everyone,

I have been out of the rc scene for a while but my interest was recently piqued by some simple profile fusher jets I saw flying at my local park. They looked like a lot of fun for a little cash. I have quite a bit of radio gear hanging around from my nitro heli days and was hoping someone coud direct me to a link or two for some plans. For the first one I don't really care what it is as long as it somewhat resembles a jet.

While looking around on the web I have seen lots of plans, but I was hoping to find something that suggested power setups as well. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

theycallmecrash
Old 03-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
Gary Hoorn
Chesepeake Bay RC Club

I have the Aerosport from Model Aero. It is a foam profile. Flies great. Check out the Website for more info.
Gary

http://www.modelaero.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?
Old 03-26-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
Theycallmecrash

Gary,

Thanks for the link. I found some plans for an F-14 that I think I will give a try.

-Jon
Old 03-26-2007, 06:28 PM   #4
Solid Hit
Just call me ... Bill

View Solid Hit's Gallery12
Friends: (1)

Crash, Welcome to WF!
Here are two more places to look: http://www.ejf.com/ and http://www.teerificjets.com/ These are edf (electric ducted fan) planes as opossed to pusher planes. EDF is a simple electric turbine.

Something to consider is that typically IC planes have larger servos and receivers then the mini equipment used in park fliers. You will also need an esc (electron speed controler) which takes the place of your throttle servo and through which current gets to the receiver.

I fly, therefore I crash.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
sid8

Hi friends

I have the Aerosport from Model Aero which I have buyed from Nitrotek. Its just awesome and have very comfortable landing and take-off.

Regards
Sid
Old 10-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

I've built 5 of these Pusher profile parkjets(F4J,F-22,F-15,SU-27, Sea Dart) and my best flyer by a longshot has been the F-22. There are plans on www.parkjets.com, Nico Hobbies(Crxmanpat), fiveeasypieces here on WF and several more. You cannot run out of free plans.

For motors, I've used Grayson Hobby's V2,V3 and Mega v2 but the Micro-Dan's a very good one also. I use Htx-900 9g servos but there are several options out there.

They are a blast and will even make you a better pilot. We fly them in combat on Sunday afternoons.

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 10-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #7
max2112
Super Contributor

View max2112's Gallery59
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (13)

Originally Posted by sid8 View Post
Hi friends

I have the Aerosport from Model Aero which I have buyed from Nitrotek. Its just awesome and have very comfortable landing and take-off.

Regards
Sid
Wow, you guys know how to revive an old thread!

WELCOME to WattFlyer, Sid! It's always good to see new faces.

and on topic, I have always loved the YardBird Foam mid-pushers.

LINK

Please call me John. I came up w/ Max2112 when I thought you were all internet predators after me Lucky Charms!!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Here's a nifty video if you're concerned you can't fly pusher parkjets. Two newbs flying F-22's. 1st and second RC flights: http://youtu.be/fhtO6f-pUdk

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets