Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Regional Forums > Regional forums listing > Australia
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #51
skippy0708

Friends: (0)
Default Have plane, need to fly

Hi there!!

I'm new to flying and new to this website. My g/f bought me an Ego Cessna 182 for Christmas and I've built it but my trouble is, trying to find someone to take me out for a few lessons. I've tried a few different contacts and even ran into some guys down at the flying field in Rosebud who gave me a name but everyone's either too busy or I run into dead ends.

I'm in the south eastern suburbs Victoria but would be willing to travel, if it meant some lessons. Would even be willing to buy lunch or a beer or two.

HELP!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:43 PM   #52
psion854

Thanks West-Oz and Mighty Wings Australia for your replys. I emailed ego and they inform me that they have fixed all the problems with the radio (now 36mh) and new esc 30A automatic.

Also I was driving to work this morning and saw a Hobbyzone Super Cub flying in the parklands. I stopped and chatted to the owner. You are right it looks fantastic in the air.
The owner was a complete newbie and has smashed it up fairly well but it still flies great. He said it is pretty easy to fly.

What to do - I just read on another forum that the Multiplex Eazystar is a really good unit to buy. Will have to see

Thanks again

Boz
Old 04-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #53
Mighty Wings Australia

Club: Strathalbyn model aero club

Hi Boz,
I'm a bit of a multiplex fan so if your thinking down that path its hard to go past the Mini Mag, really nice tough elapor high wing aileron trainer,
I'm flying the acromastr at the moment and cant get enough of it, I've a lot of them and the customers that have them are saying whens the next batch coming as they want to buy a back up one to keep at home incase the worst happens and they smash up the one they have. i know I'll be keeping a spare stashed somewhere for when mine eventually dies its awesome.
regards,
Alexis
Old 04-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #54
psion854

Hi Alexis,

Is the Minimag bought as a complete kit or do you have to buy the plane then the radio gear. How much is it.

Boz
Old 04-15-2007, 01:24 PM   #55
Phrozius

Hi all, Ben here from Toowoomba QLD. nice to meet everyone one!

EP is the future... resistance is futile!!
Old 04-15-2007, 09:13 PM   #56
Mighty Wings Australia

Hi Boz,
At the moment the Mini mag, is an airframe and motor, I do complete packages also including brushless upgrades if thats what the customer wants, if you want pricing, give me a call at the shop or drop me an email on flyin@chariot.net.au and I'll reply asap, It can take a while for me to get back to you if you need to leave a message on the shop phone as I'm a one man operation in the shop, email can get you a faster response often,I can send email whilst servicing customers cant return calls with shop a full.
regards
Alexis
Old 04-18-2007, 01:08 AM   #57
tocix

Originally Posted by Mighty Wings Australia View Post
Evening Boz,
regards
Alexis,
hi Alexis
im wondering if your store has any Micro stuff
the plane is small wing span about 50cm
length 44cm foamy
it weighs about 30 grams no motor servos or batt
if you can get any of the micro stuff mentioned above would be a great help or any1 else
i can source these parts from US but postage is a killer
thanx all
Old 04-18-2007, 10:07 AM   #58
Mighty Wings Australia

Hi tocix,
Yes I can help with your requests,
here's my 2 email address' alexiss@chariot.net.au or flyin@chariot.net.au I would rather keep my commercial interests directly on the group to a minimum, drop me a line and I'll be very willing to help.
regards
Alexis
Old 04-18-2007, 10:16 AM   #59
Mighty Wings Australia

In line with my last post I would like to turn the topic of disscussion towards a thought I have been working on lately, would anybody be interested in a semi scale electric pylon race with the feel of the old goodyear racers, things like cassut, shoestring etc?? I'm thinking of a 3 cell lipo max and perhaps a control prop so that we can have close tight racing at an affordable price,I'll attach a couple pics of the type of aircraft I'm talking about to help those who aren't sure what I mean.
Lets hear your thoughts guys,
regards
Alexis

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	40.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	28698
Click image for larger version

Name:	23.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	28699
Old 04-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #60
kgfly

Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 

Well they are small, but I think they'll need at least 4S :p
Old 05-01-2007, 08:59 AM   #61
stinkweed007
Super Contributor

View stinkweed007's Gallery18
Send a message via Skype™ to stinkweed007
Awards Showcase

AP Contest Winner  AP Contest Winner  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (14)

Greetings to the Australian crew... I wonder if you might want to participate in this project... Project Globetrotter... We want to fly an RC plane around the world... Would really want your help on this one..

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19141

Stink

Old 06-26-2007, 01:45 PM   #62
ExtremeRC
Rocket Man

Originally Posted by skippy0708 View Post
I'm in the south eastern suburbs Victoria but would be willing to travel, if it meant some lessons. Would even be willing to buy lunch or a beer or two.

HELP!
Hey Skippy, where abouts in the SE suburbs are you? send me a PM, I might be able to help you out, I organised a group from the other forum for local flying in Dandenong and we get up to a dozen guys every weekend, should be no problem to check over your plane, maiden it and give you some pointers. Have you been using the sim that comes with the EGO cessna?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:24 PM   #63
West-Oz

Default Ego on Lipo.

Hi All
Just a quick update. I modified my Ego 182 to run on a 11.4 3s lipo and am now a real happy camper. It will climb at least 45 degrees out of sight, runs for ages and is a ball in close and fast. It easily handles inverted loops etc I have had to replace the original motor (brushed 400) once. I considered buying a brushless motor but I will see how the replacement 400 goes as I am finding that I am using the throttle now and can save full throttle for brief bursts.
FYI the plane starts to glitch when the motors start to wear out giving you fair warning.
West-Oz.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #64
ExtremeRC
Rocket Man

Not much activity in here guys, a few days with no posts! The only way to get a new forum up and active is to post things up and start discussing R/C!

Cmon ppl!!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:57 AM   #65
West-Oz

Default Ego Sim.

Hi extreme rc
My Ego Sim never worked. From memory it loaded ok but the cable interface to the remote did not work (no light showing) I did not bother with it.
West-Oz.
Looking forward to this weather improving! Its been blowing solid here for a couple weeks now.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:46 AM   #66
ExtremeRC
Rocket Man

here too! and rain every day (which is a good thing).

Did you contact EGO? I used their SIM at the last trade show and it worked very well. Was a USB cable from memory. I do know some ppl have had problems setting up the calibrations etc in FMS, I use the GWS cables for JR radios, they are serial connection and always worked on every PC.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:14 AM   #67
West-Oz

Couldn't be bovered. Postage on any warranty problem out here usually costs more than the item concerned. I use the 182 as a real life "flight sim" for my other aircraft anyway.
Any advice on a brushless motor to replace the the motor in the Cessna when it finally dies? I am running a 11.1V 1300mah 3S Lipo through the standard ESC at present.
West-Oz.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #68
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

View Sky Sharkster's Gallery11
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (20)
Default Goodyear Racers?

Hello Alexis, just wanted to reply to your post regarding the "Goodyear" Racing models. I started a post on "High Performance Electrics" a while back; http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16252 to see if there was any interest in just such an event.
Well, it got quite a few "reads" and several replies but I haven't seen many models (photos) posted yet. Franny built a Goldberg "Shoestring" electric conversion (post # 13) and Airhead has good photos of the full-size racing on post # 9.
I did some research for plans/3-views and found several, in various sizes. I love the look of these aircraft and they seem perfect for a model racing event. As you suggested, some sort of power restriction would help keep things reasonably even.
Let me know if you get any interest and I'll do the same! I'm looking towards a Rivets, Ol' Tiger or LiL' Toni in the "speed 400" size range as a scratch build. We're a bit far apart for a race but maybe someday?
Best Wishes,
Ron
Old 07-05-2007, 02:10 PM   #69
ExtremeRC
Rocket Man

Originally Posted by West-Oz View Post
Any advice on a brushless motor to replace the the motor in the Cessna when it finally dies? I am running a 11.1V 1300mah 3S Lipo through the standard ESC at present.
West-Oz.
The cessna you have has the direct drive 400 in it? Without wanting to sound too commercial I have a perfect sized outrunner in my EMAX range that will suit and should also drop into the mount ok too. An APC9045E prop runs at 9 amps for around 600 grams thrust so your battery pack will have an easy time. You can prop up to 1050E for 800 grams thrust at 12 amps.
You can run an 18A brushless ESC or similar without a problem and the flight characteristics will blow you away. If you want to chat more about it just PM me.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:56 AM   #70
dynomatt

Hi,

Matt from Canberra here.

Me and a few mates are flying in and around the northside...Belconnen and Gungahlin as often as we can.

I've been flying for years on glow, and am a recent electric convert, but can't go back now.

We have a few of the Dynam Focus 400's and the Cessna off ebay. These are surprisingly capable models. As long as you keep in mind that they are $150 complete (radio, brushless, lipo, charger etc...), they are not bad. Of foam construction, the Focus pulls vertical no problems, and flies quite slowly when requested. Quality is average, but they have proven to be a pretty good second model for a few of my friends.

I also have a World Models EP Voodoo Mustang ARF.

Am also looking to convert my old glow models to electric.

Interesting reading about the club membership issue...we are constantly on the hunt for a reasonable park to fly in that doens't have people, and is not within cooee of houses etc. Weetangera behind the school is looking favourable.

Cheers,
Matt
Old 07-18-2007, 12:38 PM   #71
Son of Paleface
Ozzie Express Wiggy Pilot

Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (8)

Originally Posted by dynomatt View Post
Hi,

Matt from Canberra here.

Me and a few mates are flying in and around the northside...Belconnen and Gungahlin as often as we can.

I've been flying for years on glow, and am a recent electric convert, but can't go back now.

We have a few of the Dynam Focus 400's and the Cessna off ebay. These are surprisingly capable models. As long as you keep in mind that they are $150 complete (radio, brushless, lipo, charger etc...), they are not bad. Of foam construction, the Focus pulls vertical no problems, and flies quite slowly when requested. Quality is average, but they have proven to be a pretty good second model for a few of my friends.

I also have a World Models EP Voodoo Mustang ARF.

Am also looking to convert my old glow models to electric.

Interesting reading about the club membership issue...we are constantly on the hunt for a reasonable park to fly in that doens't have people, and is not within cooee of houses etc. Weetangera behind the school is looking favourable.

Cheers,
Matt
G'day Matt , would you guys like to participate in the WG1 project , Click on the link in my signature
All thing being equal...I will be bringing the plane to Canberra and flying with Damian Walker , he's at Murrumbateman
Regards Ian

We must have had a BIG earthquake...the ground rose up and HIT my plane , Honest

Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
Old 07-19-2007, 12:16 AM   #72
dynomatt

Yeah sure...happy to help!

M
Old 07-19-2007, 01:20 AM   #73
Son of Paleface

Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 

have you read what its all about ???

We must have had a BIG earthquake...the ground rose up and HIT my plane , Honest

Old 07-19-2007, 01:24 AM   #74
dynomatt

Only what is in the various threads...is there more I should know?

matt
Old 07-19-2007, 01:29 AM   #75
Son of Paleface

Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 

have you read these ?

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19141

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Regional Forums > Regional forums listing > Australia