Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Regional Forums > Regional forums listing > Australia
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #101
Son of Paleface
Ozzie Express Wiggy Pilot

Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (8)

We are still here ... waiting for Stinky again , seems the boys in S Africa , have got cold feet about the cost of sending it to me..........

We must have had a BIG earthquake...the ground rose up and HIT my plane , Honest

Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
Old 03-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #102
astondb9

Friends: (0)

Gday guys, only found this thread by accident.. Great idea, though the feedback from the other "Overseas" experts is bloody helpful. . I'm only new to this gig, though I've been around for over half a century, bought a Twister Chinook a few weeks back, and became hooked on all things RC Electric. Spend have my down time at home surfin looking at new merchandise , and reading the posts on this site to compare...Anyway, Happy Easter and may the Easter Bilby bring you happy hours in the air..

Cheers and Beers,

Mike
Old 07-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #103
jaskel

Hey guys, im in Penrith NSW Australia, at the base of the mountains! been flying for a few years and just joined PEMAC, a new local flying club!

Well worth checking out for Sydneysiders

http://www.pemacflyers.com/

Here is a few vids I did of the new field

GOT AIR?
Old 07-22-2009, 07:13 PM   #104
Fugitive_Bill
Flying High

Default Pemac - 'Hart Field' videos

Hi Jaskel (Jason?)

Thanks for posting the videos!

Don't know if you have already done this, but I have emailed everyone on my contact list at PEMAC a link to your post so they can have a look at the videos.

Regards,
BILL!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:32 AM   #105
Catalina

Hi, live in marrickville in sydney. Didnt know there was an aussie forum. Any clubs in this area by chance?
Anyway, I am still a beginner but am having fun.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:46 AM   #106
jaskel

also check out rcgroups.com there is alot of us there too.

GOT AIR?
Old 10-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #107
~KevJ~

Club: P.R.C.A.C http://www.parramatta.rcflyingclub.com/

just a quick hi to any aussie's on wattflyer, the regional forum looks alittle unused though i have seen plenty of aussies around the general forums. anyone heard a release date for the parkzone habu in oz? or a ballpark price?
~KevJ~

Parkzone T28 Trojan ,Seagull Pilatus PC-9
HET Tucano, Great Planes Easy Sport 40
Skyartec Skyfun
Spektrum DX6i
Old 10-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #108
jaskel

find out when it is due in USA and add a month to it.

GOT AIR?
Old 10-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #109
~KevJ~

Club: P.R.C.A.C http://www.parramatta.rcflyingclub.com/

yeah i guess thats a good approximate

Parkzone T28 Trojan ,Seagull Pilatus PC-9
HET Tucano, Great Planes Easy Sport 40
Skyartec Skyfun
Spektrum DX6i
Old 10-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #110
jaskel

I just ordered a new micro 4site from USA, its due mid Nov, its due in oz xmas or after.

GOT AIR?
Old 01-13-2010, 04:02 AM   #111
pattern14
Super Contributor

Default found this forum

Hi all, been posting in the U.S forum for about a year when I found this one about 5 minutes ago. Been flying in Tassie for a few years now, and there is not much here in terms of resources or backup. Had to import 99% of everything from the mainland or OS, and be basically self sufficient. Had great support from Geoff at S& B, where I bought the Me 163 Komet and Me 262, Mark at Extreme r/c, Peter at Wowings, Shane at Canterbury sailplanes in NZ, and the staff at Wattsuprc for all their motors and ESC's. There are some fliers around the northwest where I live, but mostly glo stuff. My glow engines are in storage for quite some time now. Exclusively electric now for 5 years; edf, epp and coreflute have taken firm root. Able to fly from my back door, with lots of space around me, but the weather dictates my planes. lots of wind here!!!!!!!!!. Look forward to hearing from anyone.... Most of my planes are scratchbuilt luftwaffe experimental jets and pushers. Nothing from plans, all from drawings or photo's. And they are all used as full contact combat planes
Old 02-17-2010, 06:07 AM   #112
pattern14
Super Contributor

Default is any one there.......?

Posted on here about 4 weeks ago, and nothing but silence lots of replies from the U.S and elsewhere, but nothing on this one. Is there something I should know.......?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:00 AM   #113
Voyager2lcats
Friend Across the Water

View Voyager2lcats's Gallery58
Club: Not Now- Maybe Never
Friends: (33)

Psst! Michael, they are intimidated by your planes. And as we all know, England sent the worst of their convicts to Tasmania!

Bob

Originally Posted by pattern14 View Post
Posted on here about 4 weeks ago, and nothing but silence lots of replies from the U.S and elsewhere, but nothing on this one. Is there something I should know.......?

"Dum spiro spero." (While I breathe, I hope).
Old 02-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #114
pattern14
Super Contributor

Default oh well, keep trying......

You might be right Bob; they made a "B" grade horror flick last year called "Dying Breed", set in the Central highlands. Some Tiger hunters ( a supposedly extinct marsupial wolf still shows up here from time to time) stumble across a village inhabited by descendents of the "Pieman", a notorious Irish convict. This charming fellow murdered and ate his fellow convicts..... you can guess the rest. Maybe everyone saw the movie and decided to shun us. When Australians are not making Kiwi jokes, they make Tasmanian ones. Oh well....... I actually rang the secretary of the local model aero club last week, which flies from a field about 110 klm's from here. I was enquiring about getting insurance to cover any mishaps during a planned display at " Steam fest ", a local, annual, historical machinery fair. The organisers approached me about it last year, and my sons were really keen on doing it. While the club people were approachable about it, they openly discouraged the Idea. Seems you have to join the club ( about $240.00 for three of us, annually) then "earn" our bronze wings etc, then put a submission into the club, then have it approved, and then maybe the insurance people will come to the party. No combat of course. I can see their point- no-one wants to be hit by anything, but it really took the gloss off it. When I can fly for free, whenever I like, 10 metres from my back door, paying hundreds of dollars to travel 220 klm's to wait my turn among the glo planes just doesn't do it for me. I'm sure they are a good bunch of blokes, but I prefer the sheer simplicity of how things are. I have enough rules and regulations in my life; flying is my escape. Anyway, the only avenue I have to voice these things is through the Wattflyer forums, so maybe somebody in Australia will read this and talk about their experiences. How do people in the cities, who fly their parkflyers at local sporting fields, get on? Does anyone out there know of a public liablity/ indemnity that protects everyone? I can get unlimited information about the U.S system, but bugger all about ours. Any advice would be appreciated..... cheers.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:50 PM   #115
Voyager2lcats
Friend Across the Water

View Voyager2lcats's Gallery58
Club: Not Now- Maybe Never
Friends: (33)
Smile It's okay to fly by yourself.

Michael, there is absolutely nothing wrong with flying alone! I fly by myself while my son sits in the car reading/listening to the radio. Clubs: they are great if you need to learn how to fly but the dues and restrictions (I know safety is important- no arguement there) take all the fun out of it for me. Well, I never joined a club and taught myself to fly. I don't think teaching oneself to fly is the way to go, but it can be done. It is called "preparation". We see many people who are interested but don't put an iota of effort into looking up how to do it. Forums like WattFlyer make that much easier, but you have to do some comparison "shopping" on posters' advice.

Bob

"Dum spiro spero." (While I breathe, I hope).
Old 02-23-2010, 12:56 AM   #116
galant

View galant's Gallery1
Friends: (2)
Default ozzi ozzi

hey everyone

im from australia n.s.w im only new to flying no one taught me how to fly i just taught my self bought a super cub and just went for it now im on to the 4ch thing love my war birds im trying to come to turms with this me-109 and im loven it
Old 02-23-2010, 03:39 PM   #117
Suncoaster
Dave Walker

Default Oz Regional Forum

Hi galant and pattern14,

This forum does not get a lot of traffic as you have noticed, and I am not sure why, but there is a very active Australian Regional Forum over on RCGroups that may be of interest.

Dave
Old 02-25-2010, 08:02 AM   #118
pattern14
Super Contributor

Default just to add

Hi Galant and Suncoaster; good to see someone else on this thread. Hope your flying goes well Galant, have not had an me 109 forever, but I am pretty fond of luft aircraft. Also found interesting threads under the Aussie forum banner, so i will see what else is happening.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:51 AM   #119
galant

View galant's Gallery1
Friends: (2)

hi there suncoaster & pattern14

yeah i love my warbirds my me-109 and my new plane a fw-190 with brushless and lipo upgrade and my trusty hz super cub with lipo all good fun lol
Old 04-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #120
jaskel

well got my micro 4 site...its not bad...fun to fly...also got the micro P51 from Parkzone...love this thing

Check out some videos from it with a keyfob cam....also u will see the birds chasing it..

for those of you that dont know how big it is, here is my 2yo son carrying it

GOT AIR?
Old 05-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #121
jaskel

ahoi hoi!

GOT AIR?

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Regional Forums > Regional forums listing > Australia