Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > iTrader talk
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

iTrader talk Discuss specifics about transactions both postive and negative. No bashing allowed, please keep the tone civil with facts.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #126
all_up_in_the_air
HeadsUp RC.com

Friends: (4)

Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
Thanks Jeff.

Your continuing assistance in breaking people of their dirty liquid fuel habits is appreciated
LOL...glad to help!

Old 05-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #127
Slowjohn
You can bury me after I'm done flying

Club: Just Some Friends
Awards Showcase

1kW  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (28)
Talking Larger Motors & Lipos

Originally Posted by all_up_in_the_air View Post
I'll have larger motors and larger Lipos listed by the end of this month - thanks for asking.

And Slowjohn is correct - no plans to close the eBay store.

How large Jeff? I've been looking at the Wing Mfg. Corsair short kit and also their Mustang. I just can't seem to make up my mind.
There's just so many planes and of course I'm limited on space but mostly $$$

Standing By,
SJ

Blue Skies, Calm Breezes & A Full Hanger
Makes Me A Very Happy Man
Old 05-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #128
all_up_in_the_air
HeadsUp RC.com

Originally Posted by Slowjohn View Post
How large Jeff? I've been looking at the Wing Mfg. Corsair short kit and also their Mustang. I just can't seem to make up my mind.
There's just so many planes and of course I'm limited on space but mostly $$$

Standing By,
SJ

Well, that Corsair would be a good test plane for the largest motor. I'll test the motors and publish the thrust data, and you guys can decide what size plane to put them on

Old 05-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #129
Slowjohn

Awards Showcase

1kW  Globetrotter Pilot 

Well, that Corsair would be a good test plane for the largest motor. I'll test the motors and publish the thrust data, and you guys can decide what size plane to put them on
The scales just got tipped towards the Corsair but then you know how I feel about Corsairs too don't ya and since I need to order the A-26 Invader cowls anyway...

Standing By,
SJ

Old 05-17-2008, 01:59 AM   #130
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

Send a message via AIM to FlyingMonkey
Awards Showcase

AP Contest Winner  AV Contest 
Friends: (24)

Sounds great.

I have an 80" cub that needs powering.

Self proclaimed dictator of the Flite Test fan club.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:00 AM   #131
InfiniteMotors

Friends: (0)

Great to see so much positive feedback!

I just placed a big order for everything I've been needing lately, hoping all goes well and I can continue to shop/recommend Heads Up.

-Jake
Old 08-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #132
kickngas

Thumbs up HeadsupRC = Excellent customer service!

I want to commend Jeff on his business sense. Repeat customers are such because of excellent customer service and this promotes new customers that become repeat customers!
I think Jeff is an enthusiast that has a store and for this he understands his customer needs. Quality products, low prices, low shipping prices and superior customer service before and after the sale. I hope he thrives and soon can expand his inventory so I don't ever have to look elsewhere for RC merchandise.
Kudos to you Jeff and thank you for doing business the old fashioned way.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:33 AM   #133
InfiniteMotors

Yep I received everything quickly and again the quality is much greater than the price would lead you to believe.

I will continue to buy from Heads Up!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #134
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

View gfdengine204's Gallery6
Club: RC Dusters, AMA 3875, Sandwich, IL
Send a message via AIM to gfdengine204
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (53)

Another well-deserved thanks to Jeff @ HeadsUpRC. Placed an order for some props and a motor mount on Friday evening, and it was shipped Saturday morning. Got it today!

Fantastic, especially since I wanted the props for vacation; we leave Thursday! Now I have them!

Thanks Jeff! You are the best!

- Kev
AMA 873921
RC Dusters Flying Club, AMA 3875, Sandwich, IL

Question with Boldness. Hold to the Truth. Speak without fear.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:02 AM   #135
all_up_in_the_air
HeadsUp RC.com

Originally Posted by gfdengine204 View Post
Another well-deserved thanks to Jeff @ HeadsUpRC. Placed an order for some props and a motor mount on Friday evening, and it was shipped Saturday morning. Got it today!

Fantastic, especially since I wanted the props for vacation; we leave Thursday! Now I have them!

Thanks Jeff! You are the best!

Glad to hear the package arrived so quickly, and I appreciate the business!
Jeff

Old 11-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #136
stevecooper
Super Contributor

View stevecooper's Gallery86
Club: Mullet Mauroders
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (88)

Kev:::I screwed up BIG TIME when I ordered With Pay-Pal while Half asleep and thought I'd REALLY SCREWED UP MY ACCT!!!!Jeff saw the prob and got back with me toot-sweet to fix my mess-up!!Kudo's to Jeff!! Heads up the best there is, (bub, steve

Monkey Minion'air
Old 11-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #137
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by stevecooper View Post
Kev:::I screwed up BIG TIME when I ordered With Pay-Pal while Half asleep and thought I'd REALLY SCREWED UP MY ACCT!!!!Jeff saw the prob and got back with me toot-sweet to fix my mess-up!!Kudo's to Jeff!! Heads up the best there is, (bub, steve
That's why I give him my business. He is the best!

- Kev
AMA 873921

Old 11-19-2008, 02:03 AM   #138
Slowjohn

Awards Showcase

1kW  Globetrotter Pilot 

Originally Posted by stevecooper View Post
Yep, He is the best IMO.
This is the 3rd year I've been dealing with Jeff. Since I first ordered from Jeff I've only ordered from him that what he has carried. I really can't see myself doing business with anyone else because of his way of doing business, the way business should be conducted, that "Old Fashioned" way.

Standing By,
JB

Old 11-19-2008, 05:08 AM   #139
Wrench66
Ya' need to use mo rudda!

View Wrench66's Gallery33
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flier's
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (20)
Default Repeat customer's say it all

Originally Posted by Slowjohn View Post
Yep, He is the best IMO.
This is the 3rd year I've been dealing with Jeff. Since I first ordered from Jeff I've only ordered from him that what he has carried. I really can't see myself doing business with anyone else because of his way of doing business, the way business should be conducted, that "Old Fashioned" way.

Standing By,
JB
Just placed another order with Jeff's co. for some props and one of his BP21 motors that are on sale now......IF I would just stop breaking those props and learn how ta land my foamy belly goer's I wouldn't hafta use Jeff's website!
WELL, ya know I ain't gonna learn that quick so I just keep him in my favorites and check his site every so often for sales and stuff. I didn't need another motor but he's got them priced sooooo tasty and welll.......how can ya resist anyways?!

hehe, Jeff, your the best!

---Ray

Man, gravity is ALWAYS wanting something from me
Old 11-19-2008, 01:54 PM   #140
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Wrench66 View Post
Just placed another order with Jeff's co. for some props and one of his BP21 motors that are on sale now......IF I would just stop breaking those props and learn how ta land my foamy belly goer's I wouldn't hafta use Jeff's website!
WELL, ya know I ain't gonna learn that quick so I just keep him in my favorites and check his site every so often for sales and stuff. I didn't need another motor but he's got them priced sooooo tasty and welll.......how can ya resist anyways?!

hehe, Jeff, your the best!

---Ray
Dangit, Ray......I didn't realize they were on sale.......

I had to go and buy 2 more to have a couple spares......

- Kev
AMA 873921

Old 11-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #141
mustangmark

Club: My own 200 ft. runway and hanger

Just addding to the ever growing list of compliments. I converted to electric last year, and discovered Jeffs Ebay store. Well thats been about $900.00 ago, and I keep my buying through him. When I first asked for help getting the right motor, I received almost an instant reply, and it has always been the same with any questions that I have. Very helpful. What impressed me the most though was I bought a few extra batteries, (of course I got them the next day, still dont know how he does that) and they sat on my bench for 2 weeks. When I took one of the out of the box it was puffy. Being new to electric I asked for his advice, and if I had done something wrong. Well, he told me how to discharge it, dispose of it, and then he replaced it. You have a customer for life Jeff, and I keep passing the word.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #142
Prof100

Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by mustangmark View Post
Just addding to the ever growing list of compliments. I converted to electric last year, and discovered Jeffs Ebay store. Well thats been about $900.00 ago, and I keep my buying through him. When I first asked for help getting the right motor, I received almost an instant reply, and it has always been the same with any questions that I have. Very helpful. What impressed me the most though was I bought a few extra batteries, (of course I got them the next day, still dont know how he does that) and they sat on my bench for 2 weeks. When I took one of the out of the box it was puffy. Being new to electric I asked for his advice, and if I had done something wrong. Well, he told me how to discharge it, dispose of it, and then he replaced it. You have a customer for life Jeff, and I keep passing the word.
Yes, Jeff does service his customer like no other e-retailer. However, his lipos are mediocre at best. Jeff was kind enough to replace 1 of 3 WOW packs I bought that became useless after a year even though I properly used them and stored with 50% charge. I monitor my packs with a Computerized Battery Anayzer (CBAII) so the data is real not just a feeling. I have a range of packs (about 35) from Fusion to Hobby City. The WOW packs ranked slightly above the lousy ABF's I bought. Jeff did send me one pack as a replacment -- a Powerup pack. So far, it's behaved well but nothing that justifies the extra $20 over a vanilla HC Zippy.

Bill
Old 11-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #143
all_up_in_the_air
HeadsUp RC.com

"Yes, Jeff does service his customer like no other e-retailer."

Thank you for the nice comment, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-28-2008, 01:15 AM   #144
idealhobbies
Super Contributor

Club: C.D.P.A.
Friends: (2)

Thank you for the nice comment, and Happy Thanksgiving!
You deserve it. I too have sung the "HeadsupRc praises". Jeff, as long as you keep providing the service levels that you do, you're going to keep mine and a lot of others business.

I've ordered from Jeff at least 10 times and have been totally happy with the service every time. Like someone else said, Jeff provides an old fashioned business...Service and Keep the Customer Happy. A rare thing these days.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #145
mustangmark

Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Yes, Jeff does service his customer like no other e-retailer. However, his lipos are mediocre at best. Jeff was kind enough to replace 1 of 3 WOW packs I bought that became useless after a year even though I properly used them and stored with 50% charge. I monitor my packs with a Computerized Battery Anayzer (CBAII) so the data is real not just a feeling. I have a range of packs (about 35) from Fusion to Hobby City. The WOW packs ranked slightly above the lousy ABF's I bought. Jeff did send me one pack as a replacment -- a Powerup pack. So far, it's behaved well but nothing that justifies the extra $20 over a vanilla HC Zippy.
Maybe I do not completely understand the differances between brands of batteries, but my feeling is they are not "mediocre at best". Of the first 4 I bought over a year ago, they still run strong and true with over 500 flights per battery, (I keep a very detailed flight log, ie: Flight times, air temp, charge and discharge rates, balancing, pilot errors etc.) and feel for the great price and service, they do just fine for me without paying the LHS 3 times as much for the same size battery. Maybe I am just lucky, but 35.00 divided by 500 comes to 0.07 cents a flight. Lot better than nitro and I dont have to clean up my aircraft. P.S. Thought you might like to see my next effort, a 138" Valkyrie all cut and ready to go. Striving to keep under 3.5 lbs. Hope to have in the air by Christmas! Any motor suggestions Jeff?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00056.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	85020
Old 11-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #146
Slowjohn

Awards Showcase

1kW  Globetrotter Pilot 

Maybe I do not completely understand the differances between brands of batteries, but my feeling is they are not "mediocre at best". Of the first 4 I bought over a year ago, they still run strong and true with over 500 flights per battery, (I keep a very detailed flight log, ie: Flight times, air temp, charge and discharge rates, balancing, pilot errors etc.) and feel for the great price and service, they do just fine for me without paying the LHS 3 times as much for the same size battery. Maybe I am just lucky, but 35.00 divided by 500 comes to 0.07 cents a flight. Lot better than nitro and I dont have to clean up my aircraft. P.S. Thought you might like to see my next effort, a 138" Valkyrie all cut and ready to go. Striving to keep under 3.5 lbs. Hope to have in the air by Christmas! Any motor suggestions Jeff?
I have to agree with you. I have a bunch of Jeff's WOW lipo's and have had no complaints at all. If there is a problem though Jeff will take care of it just like he does for everyone. I haven't seen or heard of anyone though replacing a lipo for someone after a years time unless it's one of those real high priced lipos which IMO they can afford to replace having got 2 or 3 times more than they're worth to me at least.
Jeff switched to the Power Up lipos because of some quality control issues with the WOW line he was carrying so now I guess we can expect even better performance from Jeff's lipos because I know how hard he test everything he sells himself trying to make sure we're all happy with whatever we buy from him but "no matter how hard a person tries there's just no possible way to please everyone all the time"
Of course that's part of what makes this country so great is that we can say what and how we feel or think. Just my .02 cents...

Standing By,
SJ

Old 11-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #147
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

I too have bought lipos from Jeff, and never (knock on wood) had a problem. All have performed flawlessly.

- Kev
AMA 873921

Old 11-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #148
all_up_in_the_air
HeadsUp RC.com

I'd be happy to suggest a motor, but I'm not sure what a Valkyrie is! Did a search on the internet and didn't come up with much. Sure looks like you have a lot of pieces there...I admire you guys who can build a beautiful model from scratch! Maybe you can post a picture of a finished model of a Valkyrie so I can see what it is...

Old 11-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #149
mustangmark

I'd be happy to suggest a motor, but I'm not sure what a Valkyrie is! Did a search on the internet and didn't come up with much. Sure looks like you have a lot of pieces there...I admire you guys who can build a beautiful model from scratch! Maybe you can post a picture of a finished model of a Valkyrie so I can see what it is...
It is a Carl Goldberg design from 1938. Orginally designed for freeflight.Here are a couple of pics.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	March200406.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	85039 Mr. Goldberg himself

Name:	valkyrie2.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	85040 My first attempt

Name:	Dale%20Tower%20with%20new%20Valkyrie.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	85042 unknown builder this one is a litttle smaller than mine
Old 11-28-2008, 11:05 PM   #150
all_up_in_the_air
HeadsUp RC.com

It is a Carl Goldberg design from 1938. Orginally designed for freeflight.Here are a couple of pics.
I've never seen one...truly unique! You mentioned that you're shooting for 3 1/2 lbs. Give some thought about how much thrust you would like for the model...we can keep it really light and slow (probably what you want), or go with a little more weight and give it enough power to climb straight up. Shoot me an email at headsuprc@yahoo.com and I'll give you some ideas. And I hope you will post some pics when it's finished!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > iTrader talk

Tags
heads , rc , thumbs