|Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube|
|Register||Members List||Wattflyer Extras||Articles||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read||Social Groups||Photo Gallery|
|Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!|
|Thank you for your support (hide ads)|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|11-29-2015, 10:36 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2013
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Volantex Ranger - Build Log
This is the hardware i have used:
Everything else is stock and came with the plane.
Things i have done that are not in the instructions:
* installed CA hinges on the plane.
* Laminated wings, vertical/horizontal stabilizer and canopy.
* Put clear protection tape on the bottom of the fuselage, the automotive kind that is supposed to protect the car's paint. (very tough).
* Installed locking nuts on the the inside of the wheels axle instead of normal nuts that came with the kit.
* The locking nut that was supposed to secure the prop on the motor would not fit or screw on so i replaced it with 3 normal nuts.
* Made a tray for the battery to sit on securely with velcro.
* Put yellow/black warning tape on the plane.
* Taped the servos.
I have balanced the plane for the maiden to come @ 70mm from the leading edge
I guess i have bought a wrong battery since its heavy and the whole plane weights around 1400gr (Is that too bad ?)
Now what is left is how and where to place and secure the FrSKY antennas.
Any ideas, recommendations, suggestions you have and if you spot something i did wrong in the photos please let me know.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|45" Waco YMF-5 from T&J Models, Designed by Jim Young, Build Log||Stevephoon||Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft||54||07-25-2015 09:59 PM|
|Mountain Models Firestorm – Build Log||Stevephoon||Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft||123||11-06-2014 12:48 AM|
|H-29 MicroJet Edition Build Log, (Now with 100% more build log).||fr4nk1yn||Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft||11||06-05-2014 07:49 AM|
|$100 Scratch Build Contest "Best Looking" poll here||hillbillynamedpossum||Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft||107||08-27-2013 12:23 AM|
|Fieseler Fi-156C "Storch" 46" Build Log||BroncoSquid||Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft||3||02-23-2013 12:00 AM|